- Best Foam Cannon Reviews
- 1. DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam
- 2. Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit
- 3. Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster
- 4. Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon
- 5. Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon
- 6. HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon
- 7. SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit
- 8. Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon
- What Is a Foam Cannon?
- How Do Foam Cannons Work?
- Foam Cannon vs. Foam Gun vs. Hand Wash
- Benefits of Using a Foam Cannon
- Foam Cannon Buying Guide
- How to Use a Foam Cannon?
- FAQ About Foam Cannons
- Best Foam Cannon Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
Pressure washer are fantastic tools, and what you can do with them is potentially limitless once you get to the upgrades and learn how to use all of the different features. One of those features or rather upgrades is a foam cannon, and I’m going to show you the power of foam cannons. If you want to unlock the full potential of your pressure washer and wash your car like a professional, then getting a hold of the best foam cannon is a must. Washing a car isn’t just about looks. There are other benefits, and only a foam cannon can truly unlock those benefits.
With so many options on the market, knowing which one to choose can be difficult, which is why I’ve put together these foam cannon reviews so that you are presented with the best ones on the market today. No matter the type of pressure washer you have, whether it’s electric or gas, you will benefit from adding an accessory like a foam cannon. The results will stand out even after the first use!
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
Best Foam Cannon Reviews
- Adjustable foam cannon foam lance with 1/4" quick disconnection fitting, 33 OZ (1 litre) container bottle
- Requires Pressure Washer to Have 1.2GPM & Over 1000 PSI Pressure for use
- All the connectors are made of quality brass
This is a prime example of a regular foam cannon. It comes from DUSICHIN and is called the SFL-001. It comes with everything you will need to crack on with your foaming adventures. The bottle is cylindrical, with a small curve at the top. This curve helps you get a good grip on it when you are screwing it to the foam cannon body. The bottle also features graduated markings, this means that it has the measurement marks on the side. This makes it really each to mix the right amount of soap and water. The graduation scale is in Fl. Oz and in millimeters.
The very first thing that I noticed what the connectors. These are made from brass, and the main connector itself has a ¼ inch ratio. It will fit on the majority of pressure washers out there that feature the quick connect system. This means it comes on and off quickly and easily with no additional tools needed.
On the top, you’ll find the flow control, which will allow you to use just water, full foam, and everything in-between. On the front, there is the foam adjusting nozzle that lets you change the spray pattern and focus the stream freely.
- This is one of the most affordable, and also entry-level foam cannons on the market with a fantastic price-to-performance ratio
- The bottle (soap container) is contains graduated markings, making it easier to mix soap and water to the correct ratios
- The minimal PSI rating your pressure washer needs to be for this snow foam cannon is 1000 PSI
- The spray adjusting nozzle doesn’t cover a wide range of different foam densities
- Superior surface cleanser
- Advanced foaming technology
- Perfect for weekly maintenance
If you’ve ever looked into soaps or detergents for cleaning your car, then I have no doubt that you will have stumbled across the Chemical Guys brand. This is a company full of skilled and experienced professionals who decided to make washing your car easier by sharing their solutions.
Which leads to the EQP 313 TORQ with is a foam cannon and three different cleaning solutions, this comes at a higher price, but you get much more than what’s included in a regular package.
This package includes the whole washing package, not just a snow foam. So you get what you need from a simple car wash, all the way to a detailed cleaning session with a glossy finish. The cannon itself is the standard Chemical Guys foam cannon, which features brass connectors. These are great for durability.
The bottle can hold up to 32 fl.oz of washing solution. This container comes with a dent towards the bottom, making it easy to grip and hold on to during washing. On top of the threaded bottle is the intake regulator, which gives you control of the thickness of the soap suds; also, you can change the foam stream focus by twisting the valve on the front.
- A 4 piece set that includes everything you need to wash, clean, and shine your car
- The foam bottle is slightly transparent, and it has a dent on the bottom side for easier grip
- The adjustable foam stream enables you to focus on stubborn dirt
- The thread on the bottle can wear off quickly if forced. So I’d like to remind you that there is no need to force the thread onto the cannon, use just enough force for it to remain closed, and the pressure will do the rest.
- Foam Lance core is made of quality brass, which have adjustment function that allow you to dial-in the sprayer for any situation. Filling up the reservoir bottle with soap, click into your existing pressure washer lance or trigger, adjust the knob for your desired foam level, and spray!
- Requires Pressure Washer to Have 2.0GPM & Over 1000 PSI Pressure for use, Max Temp 60 Degree, Maximum Pressure 160 Bar, Maximum flow: 5.3Gpm, adjustable Snow Foam Lance with 1/4" quick disconnection fitting. Container Capacity: 1 Liter / 0.22 Gallon.
- Easy to use, fill some soap into the bottle with warm water to get thick foam, connect 1/4" quick connection plug to pressure washer gun or wand, adjust the knob on the top to desired foam level and then foam blaster will disperse thick foam.
If you are looking for a fantastic starting point, then the Famov snow foam cannon is fantastic. It’s the type of foam cannon that people who are skeptical about the whole foam cannon concept should purchase.
This is just a foam cannon, it doesn’t include any extra bells and whistles, but it will provide you with a genuine foam cannon experience. The performance of this? Well, let’s take a look at its performance and features.
Right off of the bat, you will see that it has a plain white container, which is great as a lot of soaps are brightly colored, so you will easily see how much soap you have left by the color difference on the bottle, so you’ll know if you need to refill.
The connectors are made from brass, which is, in my opinion, the best material for connecting water pipes of this size. The quick-connector adapter is ¼ inch in diameter, so compatible with the majority of pressure washer models out there. The amount of pressure that this cannon needs to work is at least 1000 PSI, which isn’t hard to achieve even with the low-end pressure washer units
- A nice minimalist approach to foam cannons resulting in an affordable price
- The connectors are standard-gauge and are made from brass
- You can change the soap intake and the foam spray pattern at any point mid-wash
- Anything from 1000 to 2000 PSI will do the job well, above that and this foam cannon’s results can be iffy
- Cleaning better: The foam was thick and delicate and the stains can be rinsed away easily after allowing the foam on the vehicle for just a few short minutes. The Pressure Washer is required to have 2.0GPM & over 1000 PSI Pressure for use.
- Durable: Connectors are made of premium brass. The bottle is made of high-quality material, very thick and durable, not easy to crack, anticorrosive. The bottle is translucent and you can see the rest of the cleaner.
- Adjustable: The flow control knob can adjust the volume of foam output. The jet angle can adjust the shape of the foam output, it adjusts quite easily from a wide fan to a narrow stream.
This is another foam cannon set that will get you into foam cannon washing. I love that this foam cannon from Blisstime contains a chenille microfiber cloth designed for car washing. This cloth is waffle based so that any grit gets lifted away from the car’s paint.
The regular foam cannon brings typical standard performance to the table, though it does have some nuances. The bottle can hold up to 1 liter (33 fl. Oz) of solution at any given time. The bottle’s shape is cylindrical, with a slight curve on top. The bottle top itself is threaded, so you will get a nice safe and secure attachment to your foam cannon.
All the joints and connectors are made from not only brass but premium brass, and as I’ve mentioned a few times, brass is the perfect material for small pipe connectors. Even the threaded container hold is made from brass so it won’t wear down with ease. Quality throughout.
The cannon itself has two dial valves so you can regulate the soap intake via the soap intake dial and the spray pattern control via the output nozzle.
- The foam cannon parts are made entirely of premium brass, making it extra durable
- The lower PSI limit your pressure washer needs to have at least 1000 PSI
- The set contains a microfiber cloth designed for washing your car
- The lower GPM limit for this foam cannon is 2 GMP, which can be a problem if you have a light-duty pressure washer.
- Nice nozzle foams great, coats the vehicle well; It gives lots of thick foam on a wide or narrow spray; Reaching high to clean the siding; The soap can be turned off to give you a wide or narrow spray with clean water
- Connects this snow foam soap cannon to the washing gun of pressure car washer with 1/4" quick disconnection fitting; Requires pressure washer to Have 2.0GPM & Over 1000 PSI Pressure for use; Capacity:0.22 Gallon(1L)
- Foam cannon Can be used for Car, Motorcycle Washing, floors,Windows washing, Driveways, Roofs, Siding washing，watering the flowers，bathing dogs and so on.
If you are looking for a budget option when it comes to a foam cannon choice. Then this particular foam cannon model from Foseal will give you all the basic features that you need. This is a great entry-level foam cannon unit. If you don’t want to spend a lot, then this model could be the way to go.
Firstly, the bottle is another cylindrical bottle which ends in a curve, it’s white with a very slight transparency to it. This ensures that you can see how much soap solution you have left before you need to refill.
The lowest PSI rating that this supports is 1000 PSI, and it needs a GPM of 2GPM, though it will work if your values are slightly lower. The connectors are made from brass, so durability shouldn’t be a concern, and the connectors are ¼ inch, so work with the vast majority of pressure washers supporting the quick connect system.
- A budget-friendly foam cannon model that delivers all the basics of foam cannon car washing
- The couplers and connectors are made of brass
- The lowest PSI rating supported is around 1000 PSI which almost every pressure washer can achieve
- The intake control knob can be tricky to use, so patience is needed until you get the hang of it
- ✅ 2 YEARS WARRANTY - Order NOW with NO Risk! - We know how good the quality of this product is. That´s why we are offering 2 years money back Warranty if your Foam Cannon Pressure Washer broke at some point during that period of time.
- ✅ HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL - Superior Foam - Top rated water proof material will last for the years to come. HEAVY-DUTY Brass Components built with real copper and brass fitting, not cheap recycled metal like cheaper alternatives. High quality materials like the stainless steel quick connector making a very good option for you. Designed to last!
- ✅ INCLUDES a multifunctional Car Detail Cleaning Kit - Microfiber Cleaning Glove, Towel and 3 Washer Nozzle for your Car included 1.1mm Orifice that comes installed. You will be shocked and amazed at how your car will shine! Please check your machine before purchase your Snow Foam Blaster, don´t fit garden hose.
This fantastic car washing set by HassPro includes much more than just a foam cannon. It comes with all the washing gear you would need to do a professional clean, plus you get a backup set of quick-connect nozzles for your pressure washer. So if you manage to misplace a few, not to worry as HassPro has you covered, and let’s be honest misplacing a nozzle happens more often than you might think.
The bottle itself is another white semi-transparent bottle with a slight curve towards the top, this is a fairly standard shape. Though this one has a the HassPro label on the side.
The bottle is threaded, so you will get a tight fit, but make sure not to overtighten it, or the thread will wear off quickly. The couples themselves are made from brass and steel, this prolongs the life of the foam cannon.
I love the included items, you get not only the quick connect nozzles, but also a waffle mitt and a microfibre drying towel.
- A complete car washing set that can accompany you in your car washing endeavors without putting the extra strain on your wallet
- You get 3 additional Quick-connect nozzles for a pressure
- The spray pattern feature gives you a few options to customize the output stream while washing
- 💦 FULL WASH COMBO KIT: Happy customers report how “fun” it is to wash their car again; with the SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle, Microfiber Mitt and Wash N’ Wax solution you will enjoy snow foam washing right out of the box - for a clean scratch-free shine that makes your ride look as good as when you brought her home. USE WITH YOUR HIGH PRESSURE POWER SPRAYER (2300psi min)
- 💦 PROFESSIONAL FOAM CANNON SYSTEM: Your SprayTec feels solid with tight seals, solid brass fittings, and a shatter-proof bottle - this is a snow foam gun that is ready to work and built to last
- 💦 FOCUS-FLOW GUN: A twist of the Adjustable Soap Regulator allows you to fine tune your foam flow, and the Adjustable Spray Nozzle lets you focus the foam directly to where you need it, so you can evenly cover your entire car, truck or SUV in thick cleansing foam in under a minute
If you have a medium or heavy-duty pressure washer, or you simply want to invest in a foam cannon that providers higher-PSI performance, then this is the model I recommended.
This foam cannon from SprayTec is designed to work under higher pressure to provide its ultra-thick foam and super dense suds. The set features not only the foam cannon but also comes with a microfiber waffle glove and a “wash n’ wax” solution. This is amazing for the mid-range price point, so it should fit anyone’s budget.
The reason I consider this to be a medium to heavy-duty foam cannon is because of it’s minimum PSI rating. This needs a minimum PSI of 2300 to get the foam started. This kind of pressure isn’t something a light or compact pressure washer can produce.
The washing experience provided by this foam cannon is amazing. Plus you can add in the wash n’ wax solution to your foam solution to get an all in one.
- A heavy-duty foam cannon that provides amazing results
- The set includes a waxing finisher and a microfiber waffle glove to help clean your car
- The connectors are heavy-duty, made of highly-durable brass
- You will need a medium-duty pressure washer to get the best out of this foam cannon because the lowest PSI rating it supports is 2,300 PSI
- Superior surface cleanser
Chemical guys are a company who are all about cleaning solutions that get your car spotless. They’ve designed this set for experienced users of foam cannons the reason I say this is that the included Stripper Suds solution comes in a 1-gallon bottle. That’s a huge amount of solution! Also, if you haven’t used this solution before even more so if you’ve never used it in a snow foam cannon, then you’ll be surprised by how potent this formula is.
The foam cannon itself is a semi-transparent bottle, with the Chemical Guys logo on the side. The container has an indent towards the bottom to help with grip while washing. The cannon parts are made of brass and steel, the dials themselves are covered in plastic.
Like most cannons, there are two dials, one for control the soap intake, and the other for foam spray pattern changes. This is a package that you won’t regret buying, and you won’t need any solution for a long time.
- This complete set that contains a foam cannon and a gallon of Chemical Guys Stripper Suds solution
- This foam cannon only needs 800 PSI so can be used with compact pressure washers
- The bottle is threaded, and it doesn’t require any force to tighten it onto the cannon
- This set is pricey because of the included 1 gallon of solution
What Is a Foam Cannon?
A foam cannon, or as it’s sometimes known as a pressure foam cannon, is a special piece of equipment that you use to extend the capabilities of your pressure washer. Regardless of whether your pressure washer is a gas pressure washer or you have an electric pressure washer, a foam cannon is going to be the perfect addition in your pursuit of cleanliness. This accessory is designed to make washing your car, truck, caravan much easier.
Now it’s not limited to just those vehicles, but these are somewhere it truly excels.
Foam cannons are fun, useful, and they will save you time. I use a foam cannon to foam up the surface of my car, my car becomes a “snow car”.
You need to be aware that every foam cannon on the market is designed to withstand any PSI range, actually where the limitations lie is in the minimum required PSI. Foam cannons come with a minimum PSI rating needed to make the suds you’ll spray onto your car.
Talk to any car detailer, and they’ll tell you that a pressure washer paired with a top-quality foam cannon is an absolute must when it comes to washer equipment if you want a professional hands free car clean.
I think so as well when you use a foam cannon properly, you car paint is kept in a healthier condition. It’s less prone to scratches and other damages.
It takes minutes to foam up a car and rinse it off, which makes cleaning frequently incredibly easy. This means that if your car gets pooped on well, the bird poo doesn’t dwell, which is important as the acids in that poop can cause damage to your plastics and paintworks.
How Do Foam Cannons Work?
Pressure washers are capable of exerting large amounts of liquid, this is referred to as gallons per minute (GPM) at wide ranges of powerful pressures referred to as pounds per square inch (PSI).
Your foam cannon will utilize the GPM, though mostly it will rely on the PSI rating to create a lot of suds, grouping them into a thick and dense foam, some foam cannons allow you to adjust the water to soap mixture changing how thick that foam will be.
It’s designed to attach to your pressure washer wand, usually using a ¼ inch connector. This connector gauge is pretty standard and will work for both residential and commercial pressure washers.
So to cover exactly how a foam cannon works, I’ll go through all the main parts explaining exactly how they work.
1. The Intake
The intake of your foam cannon plays the role of letting all of the pressurized water into the cannon itself. It has a small coupler with a ¼ inch opening. The intake connects directly to the wand of your pressure washer. In some cases, it actually connects directly to the pressure washer high-pressure hose directly. The majority of pressure washers come with ¼ inch quick connect connectors so there shouldn’t be any issues connecting your foam gun.
Though there are various adapters that you can get to ensure that you can connect your foam cannon to any pressure washer, even if they use their own connectors.
The connector itself needs to work correctly you can’t have any leaks or weak spots, this will drastically reduce the amount of pressure that gets into the foam cannon, and without pressure, the foam cannon cannot do its job of creating suds.
As the connectors are very common, if you find any issues, then getting a replacement shouldn’t be a problem.
2. The Flow Adjustments
In the middle of your foam cannon, above the container which holds your liquids, you will usually find a few different dials. Most commonly, a foam cannon will have two different settings that you can control.
- Soap Adjustment – This dial or valve is used to control the amount of your top-rated foam cannon soap that goes through. If you fully open the valve, you are only letting water through, if you close down the valve, you’ll only allow soap to go through. Doing this will make incredibly thick suds. Though each model will have its own specifics adjustments, mine has a +/- sign, which denotes more or less soap.
- Flow Adjustment – Right next to the output, you will usually find a cylindrical cover that can be turned either clockwise or counterclockwise. By turned this dial, you can change the way the spray pattern. You are opening and closing the valve, and the result of this is that the spray pattern goes from a straight line, which is the highest pressure, to a wider line that will allow you to cover more surface area. I find a slightly wider line gives me the best foam to stick to the surface of my car.
I encourage you to have a play with these to find the right mixture of water and soap as well as the best spray pattern for your needs, you’ve nothing to lose, and you’ll get to learn how foam cannons work
3. The Container
The name gives it away, this is the container and the largest part of your foam cannon when it comes to volume. In most cases, you get a plastic bottle that has a threaded screw head. The thread is how you attach the container to the foam cannon body.
It ensures a secure snug fit which is essential to keep the pressure high, any pressure drops due to leaks will affect your ability to create suds.
The majority of foam cannon containers are usually around 33-oz or 1-liter. When you attach the container to the foam cannon body, you drop a turn usually with a filter on the end into the container, this sucks the soap solution from the bottom of the container, ensuring that every last drop is used.
4. The Output
Finally, we have the output, and the output is what sprays all of that foam and thick suds onto your car or other vehicles, house siding, etc.
The output is usually wider than the output of your pressure washer wand, though that’s not always the case. There are a few exceptions out there.
Now while we’re talking about soap and suds, do not underestimate the power of the foam coming out of the output. This is a pressure washer and the liquid coming out will be dangerous if aimed at the skin, or someone’s face, regardless if you have a foam cannon or not, this is pressurized foam after all
Foam Cannon vs. Foam Gun vs. Hand Wash
It should come as no surprise that there are several methods that you can choose to wash your car. Some of these methods include your foam cannon, others will use a foam gun, and there’s the more traditional hand washing. Each method on its own will have its own pros and cons. So let’s dig into the advantages and disadvantages of each of these different washing methods.
1. Power Capabilities
When it comes to power that you use to foam up and washer you can, well, it comes down to two main factors for me.
- The pressure exerted to get the thick foam suds
- The chemicals used in the process
Firstly when it comes to power, well, we can move handwashing aside, look no matter how strong you are, you aren’t going to exert the type of pressure that a pressure washer can.
Hand washing requires a bit of elbow grease, but let’s be real here, you shouldn’t be pushing hard with a downward force against your car with your lambswool mitt, that’s going to result in scratches. Hand washing above all takes time, it takes much more time and effort to hand wash a car than it down to foam blast it.
There are a few advantages to hand washing, firstly you get to know your car, you find the tar spots that need to be removed, you’ll see any paint chips from stones when driving, and you’ll get a clean like no other.
If time isn’t limited, I always finish with a hand wash, but only after I’ve removed as much dirt, grit and grime by rinsing, snow foaming, and finishing again. The upside to this is that firstly a very low chance of scratches a more thorough clean and hand washing allows me to use any soap or detergent I want that isn’t hazardous to the skin.
Foam guns come next in line for me. A foam gun is powered entirely from the pressure of your garden hose. So whatever pressure and water flow you hose can product, is the level of PSI/GPM that your foam gun will have to work with.
As best, a garden hose can deliver a pressure of around 80 PSI, which doesn’t get me wrong is fantastic to have at your disposal, but it’s nothing like the power that can be produced from a pressure washer, even the light-duty ones. The choice of chemicals that you can use is also much more limited than what you can use when you are hand washing. The suds won’t be anywhere near as thick, and the foam is not as dense as what can be produced by a foam cannon.
Foam cannons, on the other hand, utilize the PSI of a pressure washer, with the lowest threshold being around 800 PSI that’s 10x the best that your garden hose can produce. This is the strongest delivery amongst these methods.
When mixed with the right soap or detergent, the pressurized water will make the thickest suds and densest foam, and this foam will emulsify all the dirt and grime, which is on the surface of your car.
Which method is “practical”, well that depends on you and what you are after on the day.
But taking away the personal aspect and just looking at this from a universal standpoint, i.e., the setup, cleaning, reach, and various other things that are included in a typical cleaning routine, how do these different methods compare.
Hand washing is a blessing, and it’s also a curse. There are three huge advantages to hand washing, it doesn’t require electricity, you really get to know your car, and you get the most thorough clean possible because you are so close to the car. That’s about it. If you’ve ever hand washed a car, you will know you tend to start full of enthusiasm, but slowly that disappears as you work through the wash. It’s a slog, you can get back pain, you get wet, and your reach is limited by your arms.
Soap guns also don’t require any electricity, all they need is a garden hose. The reach you get from a soap gun is far more than you will get from hand washing, but that does entirely depend on the water pressure that your hose pipe produces. The setup is incredibly easy, though the clean up can be a little mess. The downsides to this method are that your pressure may not be constant, which can mean that you can get unexpected splashback or suddenly not reach as far as you would like, and you can get the same level of cleaning that you would when handwashing.
Soap cannons have a reach, which is vastly better than hand washing or using a soap gun. This is thanks to the power that the pressure washer produces. There is no manual labor or garden hose that is capable of producing the same pressure.
The reach you get from a foam cannon is adjustable at any point during the washing process by simply turning the valves, this will affect the spray pattern, which affects the reach. On top of that, the pressurized water and soap mixture coming from the soap cannon is very precise, you will land the solution exactly where you want it.
By being able to adjust the stream of suds that you are spraying onto the car, you can control how precise the movement and the focus of the pressure you apply on stubborn stains, for example (I tend a strong focus on my wheels due to brake dust).
I will say that I rarely just do a soap cannon wash, I only do this if I am in a rush and need to remove dirt and bird poop. I tend to rinse the car with water from the pressure washer, this removes any loose dirt and grime and breaks down bird poop, I then spray with a snow foam from the foam cannon and let it dwell for 10 mins. I then rinse again before finally getting hands-on with a hand wash. The end result is a car that’s spotless with no micro scratches as the rinse and foaming have removed all grit.
It’s probably pretty obvious which ones of these are the most budget-friendly. Or so you would think.
On the face of it, hand washing is the most budget-friendly, you just need soap, a bucket, water, and a lambswool mitt.
But it’s the least convenient option, you’ll use more detergent than the other methods and certainly more water. You waste a lot of soap and water when hand washing, so resources just get flushed down the drain. Plus, there’s a factor which hasn’t been mentioned… Time.
Time is expensive, so if you can save time, you ultimately save money.
The option which will have the least strain on your wallet will be a soap gun. These are very cheap, but they have a lot of limitations.
If you already have a pressure washer, then stretching a bit further to get a soap cannon makes sense, it’ll deliver the densest foam and the best suds for car washing. It’ll use less water, less soap, and detergent and save you huge amounts of time.
Though if you follow the method I mentioned above, then time isn’t saved, but that is a thorough car wash. With a pressure washer and a snow foam cannon, you can do a touchless car wash.
Benefits of Using a Foam Cannon
For me, there’s a massive benefit to owning a foam cannon, but for you, it will depend on your washing routine and cleaning habits. If you own a pressure washer, then adding one of these to your arsenal is going to allow you to reap many benefits.
1. Saving Time
It doesn’t matter if you are a busy person or not, washing a car, if you do it properly can be a time-devouring task. I’ve easily lost half a day cleaning a car, and it felt like it happened in a blink of an eye. It was one of those days where I was just going to give the car a good rinse, but once I started, I couldn’t stop.
If you want to save some time while also utilizing your pressure washer fully, then attaching a foam cannon to it, will help you make those soap suds instantaneously thanks to the power of the pressurized water being combined with soap.
This setup and cleaning process takes so little time that it allows for a much more detailed car washing session to take place. I tend to do two-layer of snow foam, so rinse with water from your pressure washer, this lifts away the easy to remove dirt, spray with snow foam, turning your car into a snow car. Let that dwell for 10-15 mins, perhaps have a beer… Rinse again, and snow foam again.
This ensures that the dirt is softened, lifted, and removed, and then you attack the next layer. By the time you get to a hand wash, there should be no grit left on the vehicle to produces micro scratches.
I know it sounds like that took longer, but actually, you’ll spend less time scrubbing away at the car and more time on other things.
What I mean by this is that isn’t just how good for your budget it is, which it is, saving water and detergent is great for your wallet. It’s also great for the environment as you are using fewer resources. Though the removal of that dirty water can be a hassle, especially if where you are cleaning your vehicle, there isn’t a convenient drain or a drain present at all. Thankfully a foam cannon will use a minimal amount of soap and a minimal amount of water to make the thick suds, requiring less drainage.
People who wash their vehicles on their lawns know how much of a problem soap can be, if you reduce the amount of detergent and water use, the grass on your lawn will grow thicker and greener. Also, if you have a custom drainage system in your yard, you don’t need to worry about any contamination happening.
3. Functionality and Multi-Purpose Utility
There’s been a lot of focus on washing cars, but that’s doesn’t need to be the only thing you do with your foam cannon. You can use it to wash and clean RV’s, BBQ Grills, driveways and parkways, motorcycles, as well as all sorts of heavy-duty machinery and garden tooling.
A lot of workshop owners like to use the power of a washer + cannon combo to help them do a semi-annual cleanup.
How versatile a foam cannon can be will depend entirely on your imagination. You can clean a whole bunch of different things, I do suggest trying it out on a small surface first, just to make sure there isn’t any damage caused by it. Also, be careful if you are using a more powerful pressure washer, or a high PSI foam cannon, these can damage softer more fragile surfaces.
Foam Cannon Buying Guide
I’ve gone over the basics of foam cannons and the main benefits you will get from using one. Now let’s dive into the specific details that you should pay attention to when you are choosing a foam cannon for yourself. Even though a lot of these gadgets look very similar, the devil really is in the details, so don’t let any of those slip by you. Otherwise, you may end up with a foam cannon that’s subpar.
Hopefully, this guide will help you come up with a list of features that you must have to fit in with your cleaning routine and washing habits.
1. Connector Materials
This is going to be a bit more technical with how the connector works, but it needs to be covered. The most important inner piece of your foam cannon is the connectors and valves. These are very simple and play the role of pressure regulation, soap intake, and the foam cannon precision and reach.
Let’s be frank, there’s no getting away from the fact that the best material for use in terms of durability and performance, there’s no beating brass. When it comes to pressurized water, brass has proven time and again to be the most resilient material which is capable of withstanding the higher range of PSI and GPM.
There’s a very high chance that your pressure washer already uses various brass elements as a core part of its build. The reason for this is that plastic and synthetic materials just can’t hold up to the pressures and temperatures that your pressure washer will work at. Don’t get me wrong plastics and synthetics have their place, and there’s a chance that your pressure washer is housed in plastic, and that’s fine.
But brass connectors are a must.
2. The Container Specs
The largest part of any foam cannon will be the container, or rather the detergent/soap bottle.
The majority of manufacturers tend to follow the same trend because it works, so the majority will use a bottle with a screw top. Though there are some details about these that can completely change the entire experience of your cannon entirely. Even though every foam cannon bottle basically services the same purpose. You will see that the bottle specs are rather important.
2.1. Bottle size
The most common size you’ll find with a foam cannon bottle is 33 fl. Oz (1 liter). This amount of soap solution is large enough for washing a regular-size car, and in some cases even twice from a single bottle. If you are washing a smaller compact vehicle (or if you are using the cannon for cleaning machinery), you may find that a 33 fl. Oz container to be too much.
If you do the cleanup properly, you can end up saving some solution for later use. If you do keep any washing solution leftovers, make sure to read the label on the soap bottle to see how long it can be kept.
2.2. Bottle shape
The shape of the bottle will determine exactly how easy it is to hold, and as a result, how hard it is to connect it to the cannon assembly. The typical shape of a 33 fl.oz bottle is a straightforward, cylindrical container that narrows towards the top where it connects to the foam cannon. If you are planning on doing longer cleaning sessions or use a high-pressure model, then a bottle that features a dent in the middle is ideal. This dent will ensure you get a better grip of the bottle when you take the cannon securely into your hands.
2.3. Bottle transparency
This feature may be a surprise to you, I mean, what does it matter if the container is transparent or not? Surely that’s not important? Well, it comes down to practicality. If you can see how much washing solution you have left, you can plan how the rest of your washing session should go.
You can also see how much solution you’ve poured in without the need of a measuring jug, you can mix solutions with ease as well, I tend to have a mixture of citrus cleaner with my snow foam solution, being able to see how much of each I’ve added is very handy.
A transparent bottle really enhances the resourcefulness of your foam cannon. You don’t end up mixing a solution you don’t need, also having the ability to see if you have anything left in the bottle at the end of your wash you can experiment with the settings to find your perfect cleaning pace and soap thickness.
2.4. Bottle thread
Something you probably really wouldn’t think of and certainly something I didn’t initially is the bottle thread. Do you want one that is threaded or not. Some foam cannon models out there will feature a system very similar to a buckle. While this sounds secure, I personally feel that nothing can beat a bottle that features a thread. The thread will stay secure for a longer time over a buckle system. Also, a threaded bottle is easier to take on and off, there’s no fiddling with buckles. If your thread does not slide in entirely and securely, you will be quickly informed as your foam cannon will let foam out of any gaps.
3. Soap Intake Dial
When it comes to cleaning, not every washing task needs the absolute maximum settings when it comes to the amount of foam used. Having the freedom to choose how much suds you want to use to wash your car with. I suggest getting a foam cannon with an accessible soap intake dial. Basically, this (usually brass) dial lets you control how much soap will be mixed from the bottle with the pressurized water.
By having control over how much soap is turned into foam, you get to control the thickness of the foam, as well as your soap suds density. You can also entirely cut off the soap intake from the bottle if you need to use water alone for a moment. This ultimately translates into a very versatile attachment and reduces time wasted as you won’t need to disconnect the foam cannon to use water.
4. Stream Shape and Spray Pattern
Finally, we get to the output. I’ve mentioned above how this piece of hardware serves the purpose of control the shape of the stream and the overall spray pattern.
The spray pattern adjustment is there to help you cover large areas faster or help you increase the pressure to focus the foam’s stream towards a particularly stubborn stain. It’s also a fantastic feature that can help you rinse your car faster without having to take the soap cannon off. Look, the bottom line is that by experimenting a bit, you can quickly learn how to control the two main valves. The intake and the spray pattern to quickly adapt your foam cannon to whatever task is at hand.
How to Use a Foam Cannon?
While there are various different ways to use a foam cannon and different manufacturers will have their own ways to do things, I’ll give you some basic guidelines on how to use a foam cannon.
Some people can find these overwhelming, but with a little patience can go a long way. Which is why I’ve put together this step by step tutorial on how to use a regular foam cannon:
- Firstly make sure that your pressure washer is well maintained and ready to go
- Unscrew or detach the bottle and pour in the soap, citrus cleaner and then fill it up with water, following the dilution instructions which you can find on the soap bottle. Try not to put in more soap than you need, as this can affect the pressure.
- Once you’ve prepared the solution, attach the bottle to the foam cannon, and then use the quick-release nozzle to attach the foam cannon to your pressure wand.
- With the soap intake cut off, rinse your car with the pressurized water, making sure to remove as much of the dirt and grime as you can.
- Turn the dial foam intake to the setting that works best for you and spray foam over the entire surface of your car, including the wheels. Make sure to apply the foam generously over any extra dirty spots.
- Let the soap dwell, and marvel in your snow car. This lets the soap work through the emulsifying process, this usually takes between 5-15 minutes.
- Cut the soap intake off and rinse the case with water
If you want a more detailed washer job. I suggest repeating steps 3-7 a second time. Applying a second layer of foam. This will remove even more grit, dirt, and grime. So if you choose to follow with your own hands and a cloth or lambswool mitt, using the two bucket method to finish the job, you won’t have any worries about micro scratches.
FAQ About Foam Cannons
1. Do foam cannons work
It comes as no surprise to me that many people wonder whether or not this accessory is worth it. Look, there is a bottomless pit of useless pressure washer gadgets, accessories, and extensions. So wondering whether a foam cannon actually works is a very good question. Thankfully the answer is very straightforward. Yes! They work wonders on all sorts of dirty surfaces around your far, not just for cars exclusively.
So if you want to know if a foam cannon is worth the money and the hassle, then from me, it’s a resounding yes.
2. How much psi for foam cannon?
This is a rather tricky question to answer, simply because there are no limits on how much pressure a foam cannon can withstand. But there is one thing for sure, and that is it’s not a matter of how high of a PSI rating that your foam cannon can handle. Instead, what you will find is that every foam cannon has a minimal PSI rating that will tell you how much pressure that your pressure washer needs to exert to start the whole foaming process. This is a kind of limitation that you need to know about, as it plays an important role in the cannon foam performance consistency.
If your pressure washer can deliver the lowest amount of PSI needed, the foam cannon will always give you consistent results. Usually, the smaller PSI rating you will need to achieve soap foaming is around 800 PSI, but you should always check before you make your final decision.
3. How to clean foam cannon?
There aren’t any special instructions on how to clean a foam cannon. Common sense usually applies, but there are a few tips to help you out.
- Make sure that the thread of the bottle or foam container is clean after you’ve done using the cannon for the day. Soap can accumulate over time and cause the threads to slip.
- While the inside of the pipework is self-cleaning due to the pressure moving through it. Make sure to clean the brass on the outside. Use a non-abrasive cleaner, or just use a lot of water to get rid of all the soap.
- Once everything is nice and clean, make sure that both the bottle and the cannon are completely dried out.
Best Foam Cannon Comparison Chart
|Product||Bottle Capacity||Minimum PSI|
|DUSICHIN SFL-001 Foam Cannon Snow Foam||33 Oz||1000|
|Chemical Guys EQP_313 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon Kit||32 OZ||800|
|Fasmov Adjustable Snow Foam Lance Foam Cannon Foam Blaster||33 Oz||1000|
|Blisstime Snow Foam Lance Quick Release Adjustable Foam Cannon||33 Oz||1000|
|Foseal Snow Foam Lance Jet Washer Foam Cannon||32 Oz||1000|
|HassPro Premium Quality 1LT Bottle Foam Cannon||33 Oz||1000|
|SprayTec Foam Cannon Nozzle Snow Blaster Attachment Kit||33 Oz||2300|
|Chemical Guys EQP316 Torq Professional Foam Cannon||32 Oz||800|
There we go. Everything that you need to know about foam cannons, including a guide on how to pick the best foam cannon to match your car washing needs. These pressure washer extensions are affordable and above all, useful and fun to use. Plus, they save time.
Once you’ve covered all the important bits in the buying guide, make sure to check out my foam cannon reviews and pick a model that suits your specific needs and fits the rating of your pressure washer. If you have any questions or want to add something, please feel free to contact me in the comment section below, I’ll gladly come back to you as soon as possible.
Last update on 2022-10-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API