- Best Foam Cannon Soaps Reviews
- Do You Need a Foam Cannon Soap?
- Foam Cannon Soap Buying Guide
- Tips and Tricks for Using a Pressure Washer with Foam Cannon Soap
- FAQ About Foam Cannon Soaps
- Best Foam Cannon Soap Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
I don’t know about you, but for me, pressure washers have truly made cleaning so much easier. However, I found that I was still needed to put in a fair amount of elbow grease when I didn’t have a really good source of suds to tackle the dirt and lift it to the surface. This is where the best foam cannon soap came in. I was shooting out thick frothy suds in seconds, without having to dig out the buckets, clothes and various wash mitts.
As you can imagine, there are a few options to choose from but to find the ideal product, you need to consider the type of dirt that you are going to be dealing with, and this is where my extensive buyer’s guide comes in, I’ll show you all the important factors that you should consider, then you can go back to my foam cannon soap reviews to pick out a great product that will suit your needs.
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
Best Foam Cannon Soaps Reviews
- Snow foam eliminates dirt, grime and environmental contaminants with massive amounts of dirt fighting, sudsy foam
- Safe on all vehicle surfaces including paint, rubber, vinyl, glass and plastics. Works on all type of vehicles cars, trucks, SUVs, off road vehicles and more
- Concentrated cleaning power: Dilute with one cap to five gallons of water to produce billions of scrubbing bubbles
If you are looking for a foam cannon soap that will turn your car white from all of the suds, turning it into a snow car, then this fair priced and very popular product from made by the superstars at Chemical Guys is for you.
This snow foam car wash soap absolutely delivers! This is a car-focused formula and is safe to use on all parts of your car, it will leave your windows, plastics, and paintwork all squeaky clean without causing any damage.
This also means that you can bust out this snow foam car wash to wash your plastic lawn chairs if you need. This is a pH neutral product, which means that any wax or sealant that you might have on your car won’t be affected. There’s no chance of it being stripped off; you can also feel safe in knowing that your paintwork won’t get damaged from light scratches.
You can get this product in three handy sizes, a 16 fluid ounce bottle that you can store in a drawer. A 64 ounce (half-gallon) bottle and if you want the best for value… the 128 fluid ounce bottle, which is a full gallon and will last you for years.
You can get this in two wonderful smells. Honeydew and watermelon. Do note that this product can not withstand freezing temperatures, so if you live in a colder climate, then you should store this product indoors over winter, or buy a smaller bottle for use in winter.
- You get a thick and rich lather with amazing sticking power
- Two fantastic smelling options: Honeydew and watermelon
- You can’t store this in your garage over winter if you get to freezing or below
- ✅ CREATES A HUGE AMOUNT OF THICK, LUBRICATING FOAM FOR FOAM CANNONS! Adam’s Ultra Foam Shampoo is designed for your foam gun or foam cannon providing the maximum amount of suds necessary to clean your vehicle without the chance of inducing scratches! With 4-times the normal concentration of our Car Shampoo, this car wash soap provides the most chemically advanced, foaming capability for your routine washes.
- ✅ SAFELY REMOVES DIRT, POLLEN, SOOT, AND OTHER CONTAMINANTS! Using a blend of advanced cleaners and polymers, Adam’s Ultra Foam Shampoo uses cutting edge formulations that allow your mixture to hold thickest, and most sudsy head of foam during your entire washing experience. While it’s effective, it’s also gentle enough to no dye your trim or plastic components!
- ✅ DOES NOT REMOVE WAX OR SEALANTS, OR DRY OUT PLASTIC AND RUBBER! Adam’s Ultra Shampoo combined with a foam cannon or foam gun provides a pH neutral formula to give your vehicle a thorough wash without stripping any existing waxes or sealants. Once rinsed, this state of the art product creates a thin layer of protection using polymer-based chemical technology and an unbeatable shine!
The next in my list is a premium car wash shampoo, this is going to leave your car looking amazingly slick thanks to its top of the line thick lather.
While this product costs more than other foam cannon soaps, which may mean it’s not the perfect option for you. This is a product where, if you’ve ever been disappointed by an inferior foam provided by generic car soaps, then this is going to be life-changing. This provides a great foam, which will leave your car shining like it’s new.
This is a super-concentrated solution, so you only need to use a small amount to get a massive amount of suds that will cling to the surface of your car. This shampoo won’t cause any damage to your car, regardless of the part.
It’s suitable for use on all parts of your car including, glass, rubber, and plastic. This is another pH neutral formula that will ensure that your sealants and wax remain on your paintwork. Actually, this one creates a thin, polymer-based protective layer of its own on top of your wax, without dulling the color of your car.
I loved the smell of this product, it has a luscious grape smell, which goes very well with its rich purple color. You can find this car wash foam cannon soap in a 16 fluid ounce bottle if you want to try it out before buying the full gallon, which will last you a year or more.
- This is a very sudsy formula and pH neutral
- Amazing grape scent
- This isn’t an affordable option
- The Karcher Promise: Cleaner. Quicker. Best-in-class cleaning performance.
- Karcher detergents are specially formulated to work in tandem with your pressure washer to help you clean more quickly and thoroughly
- Highly concentrated, makes up to 5 gallons of ready to use detergent from one quart of concentrate
I’m a homeowner, and having a yard comes with some amazing advantages, but it does come with some disadvantages. It requires you to wash, scrub, and clean often. Your yard is always taking a beating from the elements, so it’s not really a wonder as to why it needs to be cleaned as often as it does. For me, this got rather tedious.
Thankfully Karcher has formulated a detergent that can be used on virtually any surface that’s exposed to the outdoor elements, especially dirt. If you combine this with your pressure washer, this foam cannon detergent will ensure you clean anything in a blink of an eye, suddenly the yard wasn’t so tedious for me.
This product has been classified as a detergent, but it’s not anywhere near as dangerous as some other products In that product class. For example, this product is classed as biodegradable, and it won’t damage your plants if you accidentally overspray onto them. Still, you should make sure to practice the general safety precautions that are important for all detergents.
This is a highly concentrated solution, you can get around 5 gallons of ready to use product from a single one-gallon bottle. You don’t need to worry too much about putting too much solution into your cannon, as this bottle features a special precision dispenser that’s graduated in ounces and millimeters. You can get this detergent in a 64 fluid ounce bottle, or in a full gallon. However, the gallon bottle doesn’t feature the awesome precision dispenser.
- You can use this on almost any surface
- This is a strong, yet biodegradable formula that creates a thick foam
- While this is a biodegradable detergent, detergents aren’t friendly to the environment
- Powerful, suds-inspired shampoo delivers unmatched lubricity and scratch protection
- Penetrating polymer surfactant foam blend that safely dissolves, lifts and suspends dulling contaminants
- Will not strip wax, sealant or ceramic coatings; you'll be left with a clean, streak-free shine
If your car is dirty, then using a well-formulated foam cannon soap is going to get that car clean in no time. Mothers are a very well known brand that is known for producing high-quality products, and here we have their foam cannon soap for cars, and it produces results. There aren’t any bells and whistles, but the results speak for themselves.
The Mothers 3X Triple Action Foam Wash is named that because you can use this in three different dilution ratios. It all depends on how dirty the surface of your car is. You can use as little as 1 fluid ounce in a gallon of water for a ready to use formula, this I would say is for regular general washing.
You can mix 3 ounces to a gallon of water if you need a bunch more suds, or if your car is filthy and it needs an intense clean, which you can only get from a super-rich lather, then you can mix 5 fluid ounces of solution with 1 gallon of water to create a strong ready to use solution. Though even at the strongest dilution ratio, it won’t create an insane amount of suds that leave you can appearing snowy white.
This pH-balanced product won’t damage or strip your sealant of wax off of your car. This is another product safe to use on your entire car, no matter the part. Glass, rubber, and plastics are all fine if you don’t let this product dry onto your car, you won’t have to worry about any streaking.
I was very satisfied with this product, it’s a very cost-effective product, where you will get a 100 fluid ounce bottle for a rather modest price, though other sizes are available.
- Incredibly cost-effective
- This cleans incredibly well, without causing any damage to your wax or dulling the paint
- This won’t turn your car into a snow car, the lather isn’t crazy thick
- ✅ CREATES A HUGE AMOUNT OF THICK, LUBRICATING SUDS SUDS SUDS - Adam’s Mega Foam Shampoo is designed for your foam gun or foam cannon providing the maximum amount of suds necessary to clean your vehicle without the chance of inducing scratches! With 10-times the normal concentration of standard soap formulas, Mega Foam provides the most chemically advanced foaming capability for your routine washes.
- ✅ SAFELY REMOVES DIRT, POLLEN, SOOT, AND OTHER CONTAMINANTS - Using a blend of advanced cleaners and polymers, Adam’s Mega Foam Shampoo uses cutting edge formulations that allow your mixture to hold the thickest, and the sudsiest head of foam during your entire washing experience. While it’s effective, it’s also gentle enough to no dye your trim or plastic components!
- ✅ DOES NOT REMOVE WAX OR SEALANTS, OR DRY OUT PLASTIC AND RUBBER - Adam’s Mega Foam Shampoo combined with a foam cannon or foam gun provides a pH neutral formula to give your vehicle a thorough wash without stripping any existing wax ceramic coating or paint sealant. Once rinsed, this state of the art product leaves existing layers of protection safe using polymer-based chemical technology and an unbeatable shine!
This product amazed me. If you want a product that’s going to make you double-take, wondering if there’s been an avalanche in the middle of summer in your yard, then you need to try out the Mega Foam soap from Adam’s Polishes and expect a blizzard of suds!
When you use this for the first time, this product is going to seem weird, it’s not like other snow foams in that it’s not a very viscous product, this seems watery and thin. Seriously this watery rubbish isn’t going to create good suds, right? Wrong, this feature was designed on purpose by Adam’s Polishes chemists, it helps create that super-foamy formula.
In fact, you shouldn’t be fooled by the runny formula, and you shouldn’t use more than suggested. You really don’t need to use much of this product to get great results, which is good as this isn’t sat among the lower price end at all. Don’t let that put you off as you use so little, it’s actually very cost-effective.
This is a formula that has been created to wash your car with a minimal amount of elbow grease without leaving any streaks. This is a pH neutral product, which makes this very friendly to car waxes and sealants. This doesn’t include any wax as an additive, so you don’t have to worry about your paintwork being dulled by this product.
I loved the cherry scent of this product, and the color is designed to match that scent in its deep red. You will find this in a variety of bottle sizes, 16 ounces, 1 gallon, and you can also get a massive jumbo 5-gallon bottle. There are also options to get this as a part of a kit.
- Amazing, incredibly rich, avalanche snow like lather
- Such a small amount of product is needed to generate insane suds
- Not cheap at all
Do You Need a Foam Cannon Soap?
Pressure washers are incredible. They produce pressures that your garden hose couldn’t dream of, and because of this, they just do a better job while also using less water to get that job done.
But while pressurized water is amazing, even it needs help, and this is where soap comes in, if you want that immaculate shine, there is no easier way than to blast thick suds out of your pressure washer then by using one of the best foam cannons.
Now, you can’t just go and pour half a bottle of dish soap from your kitchen straight into a foam cannon. Well, you could, but you aren’t going to get the results you expect.
Why? Because dish soap is designed to create a lather, or more technically lather up when used with warm water and a sponge or even a brush.
While foam cannon soap is designed to lather up when it’s blasted out at 1500 PSI or more through a high-pressure machine. Dish soap or really any other soap that’s not been designed specifically for power washing will just not create rich soap suds. It may not create any suds at all, and if it does, they won’t necessarily be good for cleaning.
These products weren’t designed to bubble up under high pressures, very much like your fabric softener wasn’t designed to clean your car.
Ok, so it won’t foam up, but yes, that dish soap is still soap, so it will do something it will attack the dirt, but not in the same way that a high-quality wash is going to. Getting a specialized foam cannon soap is going to save you time and money, you’ll use less solution, and it’ll efficiently remove the dirt under pressure.
So if you are going to wash anything with your pressure washer and a foam cannon, then I highly suggest that you get a solution that’s been developed to get the best out of the tools you have.
Foam Cannon Soap Buying Guide
You may possibly be very surprised at just how many different options exist when you start to look for foam cannon soaps. Because of this, there are quite a few factors that you need to consider if you want to get the most ideal product for your cleaning & washing needs.
1. Surface-appropriate Formula
Before you jump in gun-ho, which is something I tend to fall foul of, you need to carefully assess your situation and choose the most appropriate power washer equipment for your needs.
There are multiple types of foam cannon soaps and pressure washing soaps. The right one will depend entirely on the surface that you intend to clean. An easy way to look at it is like this, just like you would use a specialized product for your wooden floors, or for your stove, you also need to use surface-appropriate products for your car, and your concrete.
There are special products that have been made to pair perfectly and nourish those materials. Picking the wrong one can cause anything from a small mild bit of damage to improper cleaning and potentially disastrous results, ending in discoloration or even chemical damage.
While there are many different pressure washer cleaning products on the market, the majority will fit into one of these categories.
- Car Cleaners – These have been specially designed to work with your car’s paint, which is often very sensitive and easily damaged. Car soaps are usually pH neutral and very mild as they are designed to not strip the car wax off of the paintwork. Actually, a lot of car wash soaps include a wax additive that will nourish your car’s paint without leaving marks on the plastic or glass areas of your car.
- Plastic Cleaners – Plastics can be one of the most vulnerable when it comes to chemical damage from using the wrong kind of soap. A heavy-duty detergent that’s not designed for use with plastic will just be too harsh and may leave it discolored. Still, one side effect that can happen is that plastic is changed and becomes brittle. It’s very important to use a specialized plastic cleaning, for example, a special vinyl siding soap when power washing your home.
- Concrete Cleaners – These are designed to keep your concrete driveways and paths in pristine condition. A concrete cleaner is another specially designed type of soap that requires a unique formula. This type of soap is designed to get rid of the dirt that has had time to settle and set into the smallest and tiniest of crevices that exist within your concrete. Pair this with a good surface cleaner, and your concrete is going to look amazing in no time. You can also use concrete cleaners on stone and brick masonry.
- Wood Cleaners – Wood is a material that is used on a regular basis, wood is unique in many ways because it’s made from organic matter. This means that if it’s not treated with a suitable cleaner, then the wood will lose, it’s a protective layer and will start to rot. Wood cleaners often contain special additives that help to keep your wooden surfaces protected and nourished.
- Multi-purpose Cleaners – This is one of the most useful types of cleaners because you can use just one product across many types of surfaces that you need to clean. However, because these clean across so many surfaces, they tend not to be very powerful. These are a fantastic choice if you are doing regular cleaning, dealing with mildly dirty surfaces. They’ll clean almost anything. However, a multi-purpose cleaner won’t be able to nourish your surfaces and keep them lasting longer. Still, it’s good to have these hanging around.
I highly recommend that you get a specialized product for every kind of surface that you need to clean regularly. I know that sounds expensive, and it can be, but you’ll only use a small amount of product per surface, so in the long run, it evens out.
The benefits truly outweigh the upfront cost, you will keep your surfaces in great condition, and they will last much longer, meaning that you won’t have any unnecessary spending in the long run to replace rot or damage.
Though using a multi-purpose cleaner is a much more affordable option, and to be honest quite sufficient for the general cleanliness of most surfaces, even more so if you have other ways or products that will protect those vulnerable surfaces (for example, a car wax or sealant for your cars paintwork).
2. Soap vs. Detergent
You need to pay careful attention to the difference between a soap and a detergent. Then you should choose the one that suits your needs the best. Soaps and detergents differ in many ways, but the most important is the cleaning power and the impact that they will have on the environment.
2.1. Cleaning Power
When you look at the ingredient list of soap vs. a detergent, you will notice that they are very different. Generally, soaps will use a lot of natural ingredients that are milder, such as animal fats and plant oils. While, on the other hand, detergents are made from refined, synthetic compounds such as coal hydrocarbons and petroleum.
This difference in their active ingredients is what makes soaps a much more mild and suitable choice for regular cleaning. Detergents are powerful but also harsh, they are most suited to dealing with a patch of caked-on grease or mildew that you need to get rid of.
You also need to take into account the type of water you have access to. If your water is hard water, then you should use detergent as detergents can soften water. Using soap with hard water will leave you with white residue or scum. Rather than the sparkly clean surface, you were wanting. Detergents, on the other hand, can be used with any type of water.
2.2. Effect on the Environment, Your Garden, and Pets
You may have already worked this out. Those harsh detergents aren’t exactly eco-friendly. I actually suggest that you do your best to ensure that any detergent water runoff doesn’t make its way into the stormwater drain. The reason being is that water can cause serious harm to local wildlife. In some areas, it can even be illegal for that water to enter your storm drains, resulting in a hefty fine. Though you can usually let it flow into the sewers. So what makes detergent runoff so bad that it’s considered illegal in areas?
Well, one those detergent suds get into a local body of water, this can be a lake, river or a creek, they cause serious harm. Firstly, detergents prevent the growth of natural bacteria, which is fantastic for your car’s paint, but awful for natural water bodies. The ingredients that your detergent contains will also destroy the protective layer on the skins of fish, which they need to survive, and it just outright kills fish eggs.
When you are handling detergents, you should take care not to damage the health of your family, yourself, your gardens, or your pets. Whenever you are cleaning with a detergent, you need to make sure that you protect your skin and your eyes, cover any plants that may accidentally get sprayed, and don’t let your pets nearby. I’ll cover more precautions to take with detergents later.
Now, the much milder and gentler soaps are usually completely biodegradable. As a result, their runoff isn’t an issue, you don’t need to worry about your garden when spraying with soap. Actually, it can be beneficial as soap can prevent some pests from attacking your plants. Still, you should make sure that the soap itself states that it’s green, eco-friendly, or pet-friendly, just to ensure that you are safe. I highly suggest choosing options that are phosphate-free and also biodegradable.
How soap works is rather amazing, yet thankfully very easy to understand. The most simple way to explain it is that the bubbles will grab ahold of the dirt particles and carry it away, regardless of whether these dirt particles are microscopic in size or dust on your concrete, a bit of mud or bird droppings stuck to your bumper, a horrible gunky stain on a wall, or an oil spill on your garage floor.
The surface-active chemicals within a soap are the key to this process, and these are called surfactants. It’s their job to minimize the surface tension of oil and water, allowing the bubbles to effortlessly carry away the bits of dirt from the surface.
Because of what I’ll call the mechanical part of the cleaning process, it’s incredibly important for your soap to create a lot of suds. But don’t worry, any good quality foam cannon soap that’s been designed for this purpose will create a rich lather that is unbeatable by any regular soap. If you find that the bubbling isn’t sufficient, you should check the soaps directors or experiment with the soap and water ratios on your foam cannon.
3. Concentrate or Direct Use
Some foam cannon soaps are ready to go straight from the container or bottle. These will have the correct water to soap ration premixed so you can use them straight out of the box. While this option is incredibly convenient, it’s also much more costly.
The math is rather simple, a gallon of the concentrated product will usually make around 5 gallons of usable product. While a gallon of direct use products can only be used directly, you shouldn’t dilute it further. Because the bottles are often priced very similarly, a direct use product while the hassle-free option usually ends up costing more per gallon of usable product.
Tips and Tricks for Using a Pressure Washer with Foam Cannon Soap
Pressure washing is a massive time-saver, whether in a domestic setting or a commercial one. But there isn’t a reason to not make that work even more efficient. So here are some tips that will make pressure washer with foam cannon soap much more effective, easy, fast, and safe.
1. Soap Application Tips
1.1. Don’t Let it Dry
For your soap to work, you need to leave it on the surface for a few minutes, this dwelling time is important. But you shouldn’t leave it for too long, and you certainly shouldn’t ever let it go dry. Always rinse your soap away before it dries to avoid any white marks and to ensure that you actually get a proper clean.
If it’s at all possible, you should pick a mild day or start early in the morning for any type of pressure washing, as drying out is a huge issue on hot and windy days. If the work can’t wait for better weather, you can try to work in segments, soaping up and then rinsing in small areas, one at a time until you’ve cleaned the area surface.
1.2. Application Direction
You might have noticed that some professionals suggest that you should start your pressure washing from the top and work your way down, while others will swear that you should wash from bottom up.
The trust is that the right choice entirely depends on the size of the surface you are washing and how likely it is that your soap is to dry out.
Washing your house siding is going require you to work on a huge, upright surface where two things are very likely to happen to the lather. Firstly it can dry out while you’re busy with other parts of the siding, and it may run down the siding.
If you have a bunch of suds that are flowing down your dirty siding they will dry out along the way, these streaks that are created can be very difficult to remove, even if you apply more soap. However, those streaks or marks won’t happen if the suds flow over a clean surface. Because of that, you should always start washing your siding or other large upright areas from the bottom and work your way up. This does mean that the bottom will keep getting dirty and you’ll have to redo the bottom part, but it will save you a lot of trouble when it comes to streaks.
However, when you are washing your car or any other small area, the soap isn’t likely to get dry while you are spraying other areas (unless you are in the hot sun). Because of that, you are free to work from the top and let the soapy water flow down. This is great as the parts you’ve cleaned stay cleaned. But make sure not to let the soap dry out!
1.3. Use Warm Water
Foam cannon soap is designed to provide you with rich suds that can sit on the surface for a few minutes, and in some cases up to 15 minutes, they work their way through the dirt, lifting it from the surface. But, not every formula works equally as well, and how you mix the solution also plays an important role.
Here’s how to make a great soap mix that’s designed for maximum lather. Firstly you should pour some water into the bottle. I suggest using lukewarm water and pouring that in before the soap. Warm water actually aerates the mixture, which results in rich bubbling.
To find the right dilution ration, follow the directions on your product label. Once you got the warm water and the right amount of soap, it’s time to mix the two together. DO NOT shake the solution! Instead, to mix them, simply swirling the bottle around gently, this will combine the two. Or you can stir the contents of the bottle with a stick. The suds should form as the soap exists the cannon, not inside the bottle!
2. Safety Tips
2.1. Gear Up
You should make sure to protect yourself when you are using a pressure washer. While pressure washing isn’t generally dangerous, it can still do some damage if you aren’t properly kitted out for the job. This is even more important when you are working with foam cannon soaps and detergents and when you are sandblasting, as there can be a lot of kickback that may fly right back at you. Here are what I consider to be the most important bits of clothing to wear when you are pressure washing.
Waterproof boots and clothes – These are basic bits of equipment, and you should have and use them. Having clothing and footwear that resists water is important. It keeps you warm and dry. Trust me, I’ve done this in sneakers… cold, wet socks were the result.
Eye protection – This is important, you need to protect these incredibly sensitive organs. I suggest large, clear eye goggles that completely cover your eyes and, if at all possible, create a seal around your nose and eyebrows. These goggles are important if you are using detergents are it will prevent those harsh chemicals from getting into your eyes where they can cause serious eye irritation.
Breathing mask – If you have any sensitivity to fumes and especially if you are working indoors with a gas-powered pressure washer, then you need to use a breathing mask. It won’t keep you completely safe, but It’s important to make sure that your garage or room is well ventilated since fumes can be toxic
Earplugs or muffs – pressure washers aren’t quiet, that’s a fact. While they aren’t dangerously loud where hearing protection is an absolute must, I practice prevention is better than cure. You can prevent any damage to your hearing by wearing earplugs or earmuffs, or even as I do, some noise-canceling earphones while you are operating your pressure washer or other power tools.
2.2. Keeping Plants and Pets Safe
If you are using a soap-based product that’s made up of plant oils or animal fats, then you have nothing to worry about, it’ll be safe to use in your yard. Though do check the label beforehand.
Though you shouldn’t let your pets nearby when you are spraying soap, if they do come into contact with a very small amount, it shouldn’t be an issue, though do check with your vet if that does occur.
Detergents, on the other hand, are very harsh, these won’t just cause major issues to your local bodies of water, but they will harm your plats and your pets too. Detergents are so powerful that your lush grass will dry out and die, and you will be paying a visit to the vet if your pet gets near them.
You can protect your plants if you are unable to avoid using detergents, i.e., if you live in a hard water area. You’ll need to use a bit of water and tarp. First, spray your plants, so they’re wet, then cover them in the tarp. The water you’ve sprayed onto the plants makes it possible to rinse off any bubbles that may end up on them, or even better, the bubbles might slight straight off if you have any soap kickback.
The detergent will still end up on the ground near your plant, and it’s roots so you should try to cover the area with a tarp so you can remove this spillage later.
FAQ About Foam Cannon Soaps
1. How much pressure should I use with a foam cannon soap to get thick lather?
When it comes to pressure and foam cannon soaps, there is no right or wrong answer. You should mix up your solution and then experiment with the PSI settings until you get that rich, dense foam. Though you should consider the equipment that you are using. Most foam cannons are made to handle up to 3000 PSI and no more than 5 GPM.
Though they also need at least 1.5 GPM. Because of these limitations, your best bet is to use a pressure washer between 1000 and 3000 PSI to get the thick lather you are looking for with your foam cannon soap.
2. How much soap do I put in a cannon?
In the most common sized foam cannon container, which is 33 fluid ounces, you should use between 2 and 4 ounces of soap, with the rest of the bottle filled with warm water. Though you can use more soap if you are dealing with something like a particularly nasty stain, or you can use less if you are using a detergent.
This is just a general guideline; however, so you should always read what the manufacturer of your product recommends as a dilution ratio, this will be found on the bottle itself. Some foam cannon foams will be more concentrated while others less so. Though there is also the chance that you may be using a pre-diluted formula that you would just pour straight into your bottle without adding any additional water.
3. Can I use regular soap for pressure washing instead of specialized foam cannon soap?
By regular soap, I hope you mean regular soaps or detergents for pressure washing these are very often quite similar to foam cannon soaps. Though they aren’t entirely equal. While you can use regular soap (as long as it’s designed for pressure washing) instead of a foam cannon soap. You should double-check before you put a foam cannon soap into the detergent tank of your pressure washer. This is because the soap will often travel through your pressure washer pump, which can get damaged if you aren’t using the right soap formula, one that’s designed to go through the pump together with water. Since a foam cannon is mounted to the very end of your pressure washer wand, there is no issue with using regular soap for a power washer being used in a foam cannon soap bottle.
Best Foam Cannon Soap Comparison Chart
|Product Name||Available Sizes|
|Chemical Guys CWS_110 Honeydew Snow Foam Cannon Soap||16; 64; 128||Cars|
|Adam’s Polishes Ultra Foam Cannon Shampoo Gallon||16; 128||Cars|
|Karcher Multi-Purpose Cleaning Detergent||32; 128||Multi-purpose|
|Mothers 05610 3X Triple Action Foam Wash Soap||100||Cars|
|Adam’s Polishes Mega Foam Car Soap||16||Cars|
Keeping your yard, house, garage, work tools, and car clean is not always an easy task. It can require a lot of time and dedication to keep them all clean. However, you can achieve this more efficiently when you use the right equipment. Pair a pressure washer with the best foam cannon soap, and you can almost entirely avoid using any elbow grease regardless of how dirty a surface is.
Hopefully, my in-depth buyer’s guide has helped you pick out the perfect product for your needs from my foam cannon soap reviews. If you have any questions, or you want to share your own experience or tips, then please feel free to leave a comment below
Last update on 2021-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API