Sometimes cold water just doesn’t cut it, regardless of how much pressure is behind it. Those stubborn grease stains just need a bit more, so you use soap or a detergent, it does a good job, but there’s still some grease left in your concrete, this is where a hot water pressure washer comes in.
Work in a greasy kitchen? A hot water pressure washer will strip away all the grease every evening turning what took an hour or two with soap and a cold water pressure washer to a task that takes minutes I’ve put together a list of hot water pressure washer reviews narrowing the list down to just the best hot water pressure washers to hopefully aid your buying decision.
In a hurry? As a homeowner, I personally love the Dirt Killer H3612 Gas Hot Water Pressure Washer B009WSPACO, it has a huge amount of cleaning power and is incredibly portable. Though it is gas-powered, so not ideal for indoor use.
In these reviews I’ll show the best and worst traits, giving you my honest and unbiased opinion. I’ve also put together a buyers guide, I want you to purchase a hot water pressure washer that really suits your needs.
- Best hot water pressure washer reviews
- 1. Dirt Killer H3612 Gas Hot Water Pressure Washer
- 2. Easy Kleen Commercial Gas Hot Water Pressure Washer
- 3. Shark SGP-353037 Hot Water Pressure Washer
- 4. AR Annovi Reverberi AR630TSS-HOT Commercial Pressure Washer
- 5. SIMPSON Cleaning KB3028 King Brute 12 Volt Burner System Hot Water Pressure Washer 3000 PSI at 2.8 GPM
- 6. Simpson Mini-brute Electric Powered Pump / Diesel Burner
- Hot vs. Cold Water Pressure Washers
- Hot water pressure washers pros and cons
- What can you clean with a hot water pressure washer
- Hot water pressure washer buying guide
- How to Maintain the Hot Water Pressure Washer
- Hot water pressure washer comparison chart
- Wrap up
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
Best hot water pressure washer reviews
- Advanced Kränzle pump design gives multi-hour bypass and run-dry capability preventing accidental pump damage
- Portable hot water capability is provided by reliable 12V burner system
- Adjustable Kränzle forged brass unloader
The Dirt Killer H3612 is a really powerful gasoline-powered hot water pressure washer producing 3500 PSI at 4.2 GPM giving this machine a cleaning power of 14700.
That’s an incredible number add to that this produces hot water, dried in grease and oil aren’t going to stand a chance.
This pressure washer is powered by a 12-volt 13 HP Honda OHV engine, which starts with a turn of a key.
It has a Kranzle pump, which gives you multi-hour use and prevents run-dry so you can rest assured that you’ll get a long life out of this machine. This is a protected steel frame mounted on pneumatic tires.
You get a professional gun-jet lance, 50-feet wire braided hose, four flat tip nozzle set (0 degrees, 15 degrees, 40 degrees, soap).
- German design pump which self primes and is freeze proof
- 4 quick connect nozzles
- Massive amount of cleaning power
- Battery-powered burner
- My #1 choice
- You don’t get the 5th quick connect nozzle, the turbo nozzle
- It doesn’t have a proper hose storage hook
- It’s rather expensive
- 15 HP Lifan Gas Engine - EK Pump Direct Drive - 3.5 GPM @ 4000 PSI - 12 Volt Oil Fired Burner - 350,000 BTU - 10 Gallon Poly Fuel Tank - Rugged Heavy Duty Frame - Fully Welded & Powder Coated
Another impressive hot water pressure washer, this produces a cleaning power of 14000 from it’s Kohler Engine. It has a triplex plunger pump, which is regarded as the best type of pump for pressure washers.
The Kohler engine produces 4000 PSI at 3.5 GPM.
The frame is welded and powder coated so it can handle even the abuse you may give it, the frame is mounted to 13-inch pneumatic wheels.
You get 5 quick-connect nozzles which have specific storage slots on the frame. You also get a 50 foot-long high-pressure hot water hose.
Easy Kleen offers a 3-year warranty for the engine 5-years warranty for the pump and another 90 days for manufacturer warranty.
Adjustable thermostat, so you control the temperature of the water.
- 3-years warranty for the engine, 5-years warranty for the pump,90 days manufacturer warranty.
- 5 quick-connect nozzles
- One of best hot water high-pressure hoses
- Adjustable thermostat, so you control the temperature of the water
- Heating coil is completely covered with a ceramic blanket for heating efficiency.
- This is a bulky unit so make sure you have space to store it
- Hot soap cleaning isn’t compatible with the high-pressure gun
It’s not often that you come across a hot water power washer that’s designed for consumer use, but that’s exactly what this is, the Shark SGP-353037 has been specifically designed for use by consumers in the residential market.
It’s powered by an 11HP 337CC Honda GX engine and a Karcher triplex pump producing 3000 PSI at 3.5 GPM, which results in 10500 cleaning power!
It’s built with heavy-duty compounds, and the chassis is made of rugged steel to protect the motor and pump.
The pneumatic wheels provide easy maneuvering in all types of terrain and has leak-free schedule 80 heating coil surrounded by a stainless steel wrap
- Warranty: 7-year pump, 1-year parts, 3-year coil
- Amazing cleaning power of 10500
- Designed for residential use
- 11 HP Honda GX Engine
- Difficult to carry due to its large size
- It’s a pricey pressure washer
- 2.1 Max GPM
- Hot water up to 180 ̊
- 1900 Max PSI
Unlike the other hot water pressure washers we’ve reviewed so far, this is an electric model and differs quite a lot in that it only weighs 69 pounds, but as this is mounted to a surface, that shouldn’t be a problem.
There are no wheels, so it is static, but if you were purchasing this for a hospital, kitchen, or garage, that wouldn’t be a problem.
This unit is designed to be mounted onto a wall or a work surface. It’s powered by a 19-amp motor that provides 1900 PSI at 2.1 GPM giving you a total cleaning power of 3990.
- You can use hot water for pressure washing, all the way up to 180° F
- For its size, it provides a lot of cleaning power
- The spray wand can be extended, and the head allows you to change the angle of water spraying.
- The unusual design of this pressure washer is rather unique and limits its use
- While you can use a 15-amp breaker, experience has shown this works best with a 20-amp breaker
5. SIMPSON Cleaning KB3028 King Brute 12 Volt Burner System Hot Water Pressure Washer 3000 PSI at 2.8 GPM
- Briggs and Stratton Intek 1100 Series engine
- Cat industrial Triplex plunger pump
- 3/8 in. X 50 ft. Armor Steel braided hot water hose w/ quick connect fittings
This pressure washer is powered by a Briggs and Stratton intek 1100 series engine, and a triplex plunger pump. The result of this is an output of 3000 PSI at 2.8GPM, giving you a cleaning power of 8400.
You get 5 quick connect nozzle tips: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and soap, the frame is welded steel mounted on 13” pneumatic tires, which will tackle any terrain.
The burner is fuelled by diesel and can heat the water to 100 degrees above the starting temp.
- Can produce hot soapy water
- 5 quick connect nozzle tips: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°
- Huge cleaning power
- 13” pneumatic tires
- Very expensive
- Incredibly heavy
- The belt driving the pump has been known to fail
- 120 Volt heavy duty induction motor system plugs into any 3 prong, grounded and 15 amp circuit
- Industrial triplex pump
- 3/8 in. x 50 ft. Armor steel braided hot water hose w/ quick connect fittings
This pressure washer is perfect for dealing with tough dirt, stains and debris, the heated to 140 degrees. Oil, grease, mold, mildew, and any type of stain will be cleaned at ease.
Coming in at 239 pounds, this is a hefty unit.
It’s electric powered industrial triplex plunger pump with pistons coated with ceramic for improved durability produces 1500 PSI at 1.8 GPM giving you a cleaning power of 2700.
This is both a gas and electric pressure washer… the pump is powered by electricity, but the heater is powered by diesel or kerosene.
- Excellent cleaning power from an electric pump
- Massive 12” pneumatic tires
- 4 quick-connect nozzles: 15, 25, and 40-degrees as well as a soap tip nozzle
- Need both electricity and gas to fully power this unit
- Very heavy to move around
No 0-degree nozzle
This hot water pressure washer works amazingly at eliminating grease stains, it’s also convenient for general purpose cleaning such as your car or your patio.
It will heat water to 250 degrees F. The pump is made from brass manifold with ceramic plungers.
The electric pump products 2750 Psi at 2.5 GPM, giving you a cleaning power of 6875.
- 50-foot high-pressure hose
- switch between hot and cold water with a switch
- It is expensive
- specially designed for the heavy-duty work in the commercial areas
NorthStar has produced an amazing gasoline powered hot water pressure washer with this one. It produces 3000 PSI at 4.0 GPM giving you a cleaning power of 12000.
It can heat water up to 250 degrees F while at a full flow of 4.0 GPM.
You get a 50ft steel-plated rubber hose, so you can reach all areas of your yard or workplace.
It’s a hefty machine though coming in at 600 lbs!
- 12 HP engine producing 12000 cleaning power
- Handles tough cleaning tasks with ease
- Able to handle LONG hours of cleaning without any issue of wearing down
- Steel frame with big wheels makes moving this around with relative ease for such a large, heavy machine
- Able to generate hot soapy water
- Very expensive
Hot vs. Cold Water Pressure Washers
For the most part, hot and cold water pressure washers achieve the same results, both can be used to clean your house, fence, car, boat, etc.
Both will clean those things in roughly the same amount of time, though there is a scenario where a hot water pressure washer just trumps a cold water pressure washer, whether it’s a medium duty or even a most powerful electric pressure washer.
Grease, fat, and oils.
When these are hit by cold water they just solidify, and while a cold water pressure washer will remove this type of dirt and grime, it’s not without a bunch of effort, you may even have to get your soap nozzle going, sometimes cold water just isn’t enough, sometimes you have to add a soap or detergent to lift the dirt and grime.
This isn’t the case with a hot water pressure washer, grease, fat, and oil all melt and moves quickly when heated, so using a hot water pressure washer just lifts that dirt away in minutes.
You save loads of time and get a proper clean from a hot water pressure washer when facing this type of dirt.
But there is a place where cold water pressure washers trumphot water pressure washers.
Price… Coldwater pressure washers are drastically cheaper.
Hot water pressure washers pros and cons
What can you clean with a hot water pressure washer
Absolutely everything you can clean with a cold water pressure washer. There are many uses for your pressure washer.
Those weeds and moss in your patio… gone…
Grease and oil in concrete.. a thing of the past.
Fences, garden furniture, decking, cars and boats, and much more all will become spotless and like new when using a hot water power washer. I don’t advise using a hot water unit against anything living, plants or grass, and the like, the hot water could well cause damage.
Hot water pressure washer buying guide
Make sure to check the maximum heat that your burner can produce. If you are looking to remove grease, grime, and oil, then you want something that can hit 130F (55 degrees Celsius) or higher.
If you are going to be using this in a commercial setting such as a kitchen or garage, I recommend you look for a burner that can produce 250F (120 degrees C) or higher.
These high temperatures help break down the molecular structure of grease and grime; thus, it’s easier to clean the surface.
The heating coil is an essential part in heating the water, The coil is made of schedule 80 pipes or tubes. If the heating coil is made of steel, then it’ll have a long life span
Burner fuel tank size
Depending on how long you intend to be, cleaning will dictate how large a furl tank size. Typically these are between 4 and 10 gallons.
The larger the tank, the heavier the unit (when full), but then it reduces the number of times you need to refill the tank.
This only applies to gas hot water pressure washers.
Gas or electric
This comes down to your personal choices, an electric-powered hot water pressure washer is a quiet and efficient machine and offers fantastic results, there are no fumes, they are lighter than their gasoline pressure washer equivalent and require very little maintenance.
They are tied to a power outlet and will produce a lower cleaning power due to their lower PSI and GPM.
They can be used indoors, so they are perfect for use in kitchens and garages where oil and grease are rampant.
A gas-powered hot water pressure washer has no need for an electrical outlet, it can be used anywhere, where there is a water source. You just need to ensure that it’s got fuel and oil, and you’re set to go.
The cleaning power of a gasoline hot water pressure washer will dwarf that of an electric hot water pressure washer. Thanks to the gasoline engines producing much higher PSI and GPM.
So if you want high cleaning power, perhaps for cleaning concrete and the ability not to be tethered to a power outlet, then a gas hot water power washer is for you.
Work in a kitchen or garage, don’t mind the lower cleaning power, want a quiet(ish) operation, then electric is for you.
Electric Powered Hot Water Pressure Washer
Electric powered hot water pressure washers are quiet and
efficient machines, offering fantastic cleaning results.
The Electric powered hot water pressure washers are usually quiet and efficient machines that offer great pressure for cleaning. As compared to the gas fuel, these types of products use the electric motor, which is very reasonable to run. The life of the product is also more, and you don’t have to do much maintenance for running.
The hot water pressure washer work at full load volumes always and needs a regular electricity supply. However, you must not use the extension cord for connecting the machine as it can reduce the available power or can result in motor failure.
Trailer or pushcart
Small hot water pressure washers will usually be cart- mounted these aren’t the most portable pressure washers, as the heating coil, burner, fuel tank, and engine increase in size. So does the size of the cart frame.
Eventually, you hit a point where it’s not practical to use a pushcart, and instead, these are trailer mounted.
You can also get wall-mounted versions such as the AR Annovi Reverberi AR630TSS-HOT Commercial Pressure Washer.
Make sure to take into consideration your needs, there’s no point buying the most powerful hot water pressure washer only to find it’s trailer-mounted, and you’ve nowhere to store it.
Heat-resistant high-pressure hose
When purchasing, you want to make sure that the hose material is made of silicone rubber, as silicone rubber is safe to use at high temperatures.
You can also use a hot water pressure washer hose that’s made of Nitrile rubber tubing. It’s a synthetic type of rubber that’s manufactured with the highest quality to resist high temperatures, chemicals, and even fuel efficiency.
Make sure it’s a high-quality hose that’s kink and marring resistant. You want your hose to last a long time as these hoses aren’t cheap.
PSI & GPM
You need to work out what you will be cleaning. If you are washing down kitchen/metal backsplashes, you don’t need a machine producing 28000 cleaning power.
However, if you are keeping a garage floor clean, removing daily built-up oil and grease well you want a high powered machine, you need to penetrate the concrete, which isn’t easy.
How to Maintain the Hot Water Pressure Washer
Hot water pressure washers require more maintenance than their cold-water counterparts.
- Make sure to check the oil every 3 months or so and replace it with a good pump oil brand when the oil level reduces, or you come up to a scheduled oil change. You can find when you should do this in the manual.
- Check the air filter once a month, removing any dirt and grime that might block the filter, I personally recommend replacing the air filter every six months to ensure optimum performance.
- If the unit is going to be stored for a while, make sure to remove the fuel as stale fuel can be bad for the engine
- The same goes for the burner fuel
- Ensure that your heating coil is in a good state and not covered in limescale
Hot water pressure washer comparison chart
|PRODUCT||WEIGHT (POUNDS)||DIMENSIONS (INCHES)||PSI||GPM||CLEANING POWER|
|Dirt Killer H3612 Gas Hot Water Pressure Washer||430||46 x 30 x 41||3500||4.2||14700|
|Easy Kleen Commercial Gas Hot Water Pressure Washer||400||46 x 32 x 48||4000||3.5||14000|
|Shark SGP-353037 Hot Water Pressure Washer||550||46 x 28 x 44||3000||3.5||10500|
|AR Annovi Reverberi AR630TSS-HOT Commercial Pressure Washer||69||14 x 14 x 20||1900||2.1||3990|
|SIMPSON Cleaning KB3028 King Brute||335||32 x 44 x 51.5||2000||2.8||8400|
|Simpson Mini-brute Electric Powered||255||34.5 x 25.75 x 46.75||1500||1.8||2700|
|NorthStar Electric Wet Steam and Hot Water Pressure Washer - 2750 PSI||415||38 x 26 x 43||2750||2.5||6875|
|NorthStar Gas Wet Steam and Hot Water Pressure Washer - 3000 PSI||600||64 x 33 x 43.5||3000||4.0||12000|
For most, a hot water pressure washer won’t be required, but if you want to be able to tackle all stains, grease, oil, etc. Then nothing beats it.
These machines are expensive, but they are built to last, and a cold water pressure washer just cannot compete in the type of cleaning results you get from these machines.
Hopefully, in my hot water pressure washer reviews above, I gave you all you needed to make a decision.
If you need further help, I think the best hot water pressure washer is the Dirt Killer H3612 Gas Hot Water Pressure Washer . It’s the perfect combination of power, weight, and hot water for residential use.
Trust me, your car will never be as clean as when it’s been washed by a hot water pressure washer. If you have any questions or have a pressure washer that should be on this list, please comment in the comments section below
Last update on 2020-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API