- Best Laser Level For Calligraphy Reviews
- Why Should You Use A Laser Level For Calligraphy?
- Best laser level for calligraphy Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
Using a laser level for DIY or construction work is incredibly common, whether you are installing some cabinets into a kitchen or knocking up a new deck, the use of a laser level is invaluable, I know I wouldn’t attempt those tasks without one these days.
But laser levels are versatile tools, did you know that you can use a laser level for calligraphy? These really help set you apart. You can also use them for other decorative works, such as writing or creating patterns on walls.
A straight line laser will help you keep everything perfectly symmetrical, and if you need to map things out onto a wall, then a cross line laser level will work wonders for you.
But with so many laser levels on that the market, how do you know that you’ve picked the best laser level for calligraphy? Well, this is why I’ve put together these laser level for calligraphy reviews. I’ve done the hard work for you, so you just need to pick the one that best suits your needs.
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
Best Laser Level For Calligraphy Reviews
- Laser level tool comes with two bubble vials with backlights for visibility
- Self leveling laser level features 360-degree rotating wall attachment projects laser line at any angle
- Construction laser can be used to hang pictures, mirrors and shelves or install curtain rods
This laser level from Black & Decker is the perfect little level for homeowners who occasionally indulge themselves in home improvement and decoration tasks.
This is a nice cheaper laser level and is perfect for basic tasks.
If you are looking for a laser level for use in construction or installing wall cabinets, this device is not for you.
This isn’t’ a self-leveling laser level, so if you need it to be perfectly level, then you will have to work with adjusting the bubble vials to ensure you get the best results, and the range of visibility is fairly limited.
But if you are looking to undertake tasks such as hanging a collage of pictures or painting patterns on a wall, or when you need laser lines for writing straight, such as when you are doing calligraphy, then this is a perfect and simple laser level for you.
This is powered by a class 3R laser and projects, both horizontal and vertical laser lines.
You also get a 360-degree rotating wall attachment, which really enhances how convenient this is, ensuring you can project your laser lines at any level on any wall.
- TWO-IN-ONE ACCURACY - Two-in-one line laser and stud sensor made for hanging and straightening tasks at home
- INTUITIVE DESIGN - Easy-to-read LCD display for users of all skill levels
- BULLSEYE AUTO-LEVELING TECHNOLOGY - Patented auto-leveling technology for accurate and beautiful horizontal framing
The BDL190S is another great laser level from Black & Decker, this is a straight line laser level. This one is more expensive than the other Black & Decker, but it comes loaded with many more features that make it perfect for several different projects, you can even use it for some large-scale works.
Apart from working as a line laser, which will project out perfectly straight lines, making it ideal for calligraphy, or for creating the perfect line spacing and pencil guidelines. It also includes a stud sensor and can easily detect materials such as metal, wood, and studs, I’ve used it for finding live A/C wires in walls.
These features, alongside it’s patented auto-leveling technology make it the perfect tool for professionals. The auto-leveling features find level automatically within a few seconds.
It also comes with an easy to read LCD display. Plus, the presence of a single button to configured this laser level really increases the ease of operation.
This has an ergonomic design, with an over-molded housing, providing you with a decent place to grip this unit. Plus, it has a small and compact design, making it easy to carry around in your pocket.
- 📏 3-PRONGED APPROACH - combines a fine-tuned tape measure, a triple-positioned leveling bubble and a NEW laser level to provide maximum results.（Note: Laser Ranging Error,that is given as "+/-2mm at 10m and 25m";If the laser is the Vertical Level or the Horizontal Level, you shouldn't adjust the Beam.)
- 📏WORKS FOR INDOOR - designed for any situation where a straight line or accurate measurements are needed, such as measuring locations on a wall, space between hangers, level the nails, level for hanging pictures. Regardless of the situation, it's completely plug & play. Note: Fades in sunlight or outdoor use.
- 📏8-FOOT Measuring Tape - comes loaded with an 8-foot measure that includes imperial and metric linear measures, with graduations down to 1/32" and 4mm.
This a rather unique straight line laser level for calligraphy.
Along with its laser projector, it also includes a tape measure, and it’s also a ruler. This doesn’t include self-leveling or an auto-leveling feature. So if you want to get this perfectly level, you will need to use it’s triply positioned leveling bubble to find level.
The tape measure can measure up to 8 feet and includes both metric and imperial measurements and comes with graduations which work down to 1mm or 1/32″.
To pull out the measuring tape, you need to pressure a button. The same button is used to lock the reel after you’ve pulled out the length of tape you need.
This isn’t a unit that will work well for heavy-duty projects, it’s visibility and range of the laser beam is fairly limited. It’s also challenging to spot in direct sunlight. But this is the perfect laser level for writing, calligraphy, and various other wall decoration projects.
The accuracy of this laser comes in at +/-2mm at 10m. This is a small laser that you can carry around in your pocket and is incredibly easy to use.
If you are looking for a laser level for home use, here are the best laser levels for homeowners.
- Adheres to any surface for hands-free use
- Supersticktm adhesive system is reusable, sticks to any surface and leaves no marks or holes
- Projects a laser line up to 30 ft
This is another very interesting and unique laser level, it comes fro the prestigious and very well trusted home tools brand. This laser level comes in the shape of a computer mouse and works very similar to one as well.
The horizontal laser line is projected from the front of the tool, and it has push buttons that have been placed on the side, front, rear, and top of the mouse.
There are two bubble vials situated on top, one running horizontally the other vertically, these two vials will ensure that this device is perfectly level.
The way you operate this is rather “interesting”. You have to secure this to a surface using an adhesive base before you start it up, you don’t have to worry about keeping a stock of adhesive pads about as this has a “SuperStick adhesive system” which is reusable and sticks to any surface without leaving marks or holes.
Because of how unique the design of this unit is, you will find yourself referring to the user manual often to learn how to use it.
However, due to its compact size, it’s perfect for learning how to write straight and for calligraphy.
- VACUUM SUCTION: The AAA powered miniature air compressor will keep this sealed to your smooth, non-textured walls without the need of tacks, nails, or other marring adhesives
- PROJECTS AROUND CORNERS: This feature is perfect for when you need to put up a shelving unit that wraps around a room. Put the Air Grip Laser Level on a wall, and the laser will beam straight ahead, and cut at a perfect 90 degree angle, pending proper setup
- TRIPOD MOUNTING: You can keep this mounted onto a tripod, giving you improved versatility for a number of household and professional jobs
I love products from Ryobi, and the Ryobi ELL1002 is a fantastic little laser level for DIY and decoration projects, as well as calligraphy and writing.
This straight-line laser level uses air compression to ensure a secure attachment to surfaces. Its vacuum suction seals the unit to any smooth and non-textured surface, such as wells. So you won’t have to use nails, tack, or any other form of adhesive that may leave marks or residue on a wall.
This laser level is able to help you project corners, so putting up tricky shelves is made easier. The laser itself projects a beam straight ahead, and it will cut it at a perfect 90-degree angle. So, if you are working on fixing up an unused corner with some calligraphy, then the Ryobi ELL1002 is a perfect choice.
The working range is 30 feet, which isn’t bad, and works well indoors as you can set it a distance away and get on with your project, this helps reduce clutter. The accuracy comes out at 1/2 of an inch at 16 feet.
Apart from securing it to a wall, you also have the option to use a tripod as a mount. This really boosts the versatility of this unit.
It has a small and compact design and fits in the palm of your hand. There is a downside to this, it’s stupidly noise. The vacuum suction feature makes a noise that just is annoying. So if you can, I suggest you avoid using it.
Why Should You Use A Laser Level For Calligraphy?
There are many benefits to using a laser level for writing or for calligraphy.
Firstly, you can be completely sure that you are writing in a straight line, there’ll be no wandering when writing on blank paper.
There are no worries that you’ve spent ages creating lines only to find that they are crooked, slanting, or the spacing is off.
Also, it saves you a bunch of time, as you don’t need to draw lines, or take measurements.
Want to learn how to use a laser guide for calligraphy, check this video:
Best laser level for calligraphy Comparison Chart
|BLACK+DECKER BDL220S||2 AA||2 years|
|BLACK+DECKER BDL190S||2 AA||2 years|
|Qooltek Multipurpose Laser Level||3 x AG 13||1 year|
|Johnson Level 9250 Mouse||2 AA||3 years|
|Ryobi ELL1002||2 AAA||3 years|
I’ve shown you the best laser level for calligraphy reviews, but choosing any single one of them to be the top dog, is rather difficult, this will come down to your personal preferences and how you go about your calligraphy.
The straight-line laser levels above are all fantastic for calligraphy work. So what I suggest is to have a quick think about any other tasks you may want to use your laser level for, before purchasing and picking one up that works for all tasks.
If the above doesn’t hit the spot, then I’ve got an article dedicated to the best laser levels, and I’ve no doubt you’ll find something that meets every need you have in your level for a line laser level.
If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments section below.
Last update on 2021-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API