Tiling is one of the most exacting tasks around. It requires both accuracy as well as a certain level of perfection to get all the different angles just right.
So you need to make sure you are using the best laser levels for tilers, otherwise your results make not cut the mustard.
In a hurry? My favorite picks. DeWalt DW088K and Huepar 901CG are amazing laser levels for all tasks, and if you want something specific for tiling floors then you can’t get better than the Bosch GTL 3.
Angle arrangement is, by far, one of the most common problems that many DIY enthusiasts have to face when it comes to installing tiles on the wall, floor, or even the ceiling. You get one angle wrong, and it can botch up the entire operation! And if you don’t have enough extra tiles then “Houston we have a problem.”
I can say with some authority that certain construction projects such as laying tiles require an extreme level precision. That is only possible if you are using a high-quality laser level built by a reputable company.
However, this whole process has been made considerably easy thanks to the invention of a handy little innovation—the good ol’ tile laser level. Using this level will help you to make sure that you have laid down the very first tile correctly. After that, it will be smooth sailing all the way.
If you have this gadget around, you won’t need to use string lines or plain white chalk or to improve visibility or accuracy when you start installing tiles. I mean, sting lines have been around since ancient Egypt. Surely, it is about time that we got on the program and started living in the 21st century!
The tile laser level will produce a clear and crisp laser beam that will easily be visible on the surface on which you are working. However, the term ‘tile laser’ is a bit of a misnomer since the device can also be used to install other surfaces as well. These include carpets, bricks, hardwood floors, stones, and a whole lot more.
If you feel that you are over and done with messy chalk lines, then let us take a quick look at some of the very latest and ‘cutting edge’ tile lasers that are currently available today.
These levels will be of great use not just for newbies fresh on the DIY scene but also for seasoned professionals, these are some of the best laser level devices for tiling.
In fact, these laser levels are perfect for anyone who does serious tiling work and is on the lookout for something really nice that can ease the workload. Albeit without causing a sizable dent in the wallet.
Yes, many old-timers are so used to working with ‘ye trusty ole spirit level’ or the chalk line that it is somewhat difficult to move on to the handy innovations of the 21st century.
Sure, chalk lines and the likes have been around since the Pharaohs were busy building pyramids. But we have come a long way since then, haven’t we? This is why having a laser tile level in your tool kit is a brilliant idea, and it can prove to be a whole lot more accurate than any of the old fashioned techniques being used since forever.
So, without further ado, I bring you the best lasers for tile work, so let us move on to the real meat of the article.
Best Laser Levels for Tilers Reviews
- DEWALT laser level is durable and has over molded housing with a 1 meter drop rating
- Laser level tool has patented integrated magnetic bracket
- Self leveling laser level is water and debris resistant with an IP54 rating
The DW088K has impressive features such as the auto-leveling function and cross-leveling laser beams. These features make tiling a breeze.
With this laser level being IP54 rated you don’t have to worry about water or dust causing issues, which is perfect for tiling and for working on construction sites, so no matter the job, a small domestic project or a large scale construction site, this laser level will continue to work.
If you are looking for the best laser level for tiling walls or what would be a great flooring laser level, then look no further.
Having spoken to many tilers, they all agreed that this is the best flooring laser level, it just beat the competition hands down.
Hell, this is also rated as one of the best laser levels for electricians, it’s even on my list of best laser levels!
Which isn’t a surprise as it’s built by DeWalt; a world leader in construction equipment and they hit the nail on the head with this one, the DW088k’s quality is unmatched in its class.
Don’t think that this laser level is only for tilers, this is the perfect tool to add to you toolbox, it’s incredibly popular among professional tilers, carpenters, and electricians. Which is why it’s a favorite among many Hobbyists.
The DeWalt DW088k only has two buttons to operate the horizontal and vertical laser lines, this makes it incredibly easy to use even for novice tilers.
The laser beams are also bright enough that you won’t struggle to see them, which is great as you can’t get much more accurate than this laser level.
This laser tool is fantastic for floor or wall tile installation.
- The DW088K produces a bright crossing vertical and horizontal lines, with an accuracy of 1/8th inch at 30 feet. Making this perfect for wall tiling.
- It’s IP54 rated against dust and water, perfect for all types of jobs.
- The DW088k comes with a three-year manufacturer warranty and a year’s worth of free servicing.
- This laser level comes with an integrated magnetic pivoting base that allows it to be mounted on any metallic surface.
- The DW088K operates on a class 2 laser with a power output of 1.3mW. The laser diode emits a red beam in full-time pulse mode and can be used with detectors, making it an ideal tool for both indoor and outdoor electrical work.
- The accuracy and functionality of this model make it a popular choice for professional tilers.
- The laser level three standard-sized AA batteries makes it quite popular with professional tiling experts and hobbyists as well. AA batteries are cheap and add to the versatility of this model.
- The only con…. Is that you can’t secure the laser beam in a fixed position, something that is common in almost all the competing models in its class.
- This Product Is A Class 2 Laser Product, < 1Mw Power Output, Wavelength 635 Nm
- Precision: Accurately Projects 90° Lines For Squaring Tile, Flooring Layout, And Walls. This Laser Square Features Lines That Are Positioned In Front Of Laser Base For Easy Centering Over Point And...
- Visibilty: Bright, Sharp, Highly Visible Laser Lines Raise From The Surface To Project Over And Travel Past Uneven Surfaces Or Obstructions; Exclusive Switchable 45° Line Helps Verify Proper...
The “Bosch Professional Laser GTL3 has been created specifically for tiling the floor. This is why it won’t be able to give really great results if you are interested in installing tiles on the walls of your home.
The GTL 3 projects 90-degree angle lines from its front. As a matter of fact, most of these lines can easily be used for very fine and precise adjustment while centering the line over point.
This unit is ideal when it comes to projecting bright and sharp laser beams that can be easily and clearly visible, even in an area where there is plenty of ambient light. In fact, these laser lines can also travel over projections and uneven surfaces. This is because of the raised position of the laser projector. It has been designed while keeping this advantage in mind.
Apart from that, it is also possible to
utilize the switchable 45-degree angle line to verify the true position of the
tiles from between 0 degrees all the way to 90 degrees.
The unit has been equipped with powerful magnets that are directly integrated at the bottom of the device. These powerful magnets can provide a very secure attachment on the positioning plate or any iron surface. Moreover, the laser level has been ruggedly designed so that it is durable enough to be able to withstand even the very tough conditions of a construction site. But then, that is only to be expected from a Bosch product.
- Accuracy of this red laser beam is +/- 1/16″ at a range of 20 feet.
- 360-degree horizontal line plus a 120-degree vertical laser beams for alignment, leveling and layout applications. Perfect for wall tiling.
- Warranty – it comes with a 1-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The only downside I could find is that this laser’s beam can be a little dim, making it difficult to use outdoors.
- ✔️FULLY LAYOUT WITH 3 X 360 LINE LASERS: One 360° horizontal and two 360° vertical planes enable users to cover the floor, wall, ceiling all around the room. Two vertical lines cross at 90°...
- ✔️TRIPLE POWER TECHNOLOGY: Huepar laser tool employed the included large capacity lithium battery (can be purchased easily at local market) for extended run-time, or with 4 AA alkaline batteries....
- ✔️MULTIFUNCTIONAL LASER TOOL: The one 360° horizontal and two 360° vertical laser lines can be selected individually depends on job site applications. With our smart pendulum system, this line...
You can be forgiven for perhaps having not heard of Huepar. After all, it’s a brand that isn’t as well known as DeWalt or Bosch, but don’t let that put you off. This is a fantastic green tile laser level that produces highly visible laser lines. A three beam laser you say…
The Huepar 901CG professional laser level is an incredibly well-engineered piece of equipment, which incorporates rubber as the over-mold material add to that that the gaskets and seals inside its housing also have rubber seals and you’ve got an incredibly durable piece of kit that sits well inside the IP54 index.
This is a green laser level that’s loved by most professional tilers due to its reliability and performance. It’s perfect for wall tiling even in direct sunlight thanks to it’s green laser diodes.
It’s capable of sustaining a straight row of six-sided, one-meter off-ground drops without a loss in its functionality or accuracy. It’s also a self-leveling device, though you can activate a manual mode in which a pendulum is unlocked so you can adjust as needed.
If the 901CG is operating out of optimal leveling range of 4°±1°, then it’s green laser beams will start to flash to notify you. In this situation, you shouldn’t rely on the accuracy of this device as a level reference.
The green diode used within the Huepar 901CG is German green diode technology, which has been identified by experts as the best laser tech in the world.
Green lasers are twice as bright compared to red lasers, using the same light and power source. The 901CG has a visibility of up to 50ft with an average light intensity of 14000lux.
This model projects green laser beams which are ultra-bright 360-degree horizontal green laser beam. Providing an all-around level coverage with an accuracy level of ±1/9 of an inch at 33 feet and a maximum range of up to 150 feet.
Thanks to the green diode, the 901CG is capable of working in a wide variety of lighting conditions, both indoors and outdoors.
It takes a mere 3 seconds for the 901CG to self-level using it’s Cardan Suspension Pendulum system, which means that the accuracy levels of this laser level are highly dependable and very well suited for professional tiling work.
The Huepar also comes equipped with a functional pulse mode.
- I’ve found the Hurpar 901CG to be one of the most accurate lasers levels within its class, which is why it’s a popular choice for tiles and other construction professionals where accuracy is vital.
- This really is an accurate laser level (yup i’m saying it twice!)
- Can work as a cross laser level as well as vertical chalk lines
- The only complaint I’ve come across and certainly not something I’ve experienced is that there have been reports of the 901CG just suddenly shutting down without any warning, an interruption like this could be quite costly for a professional.
- Projects bright lines; ideal for tile alignment, wall studding, windows, doors, etc.
- 360-degree horizontal laser provides all-around leveling coverage over a 60 ft. diameter
- Accuracy: 1/8 in. at a range of 30 ft.
We all know that accuracy and precision are absolutely crucial when it comes to installing anything in the house. No one wants to see crookedly aligned windows, doors, tiles, or anything else.
Enter Hammerhead’s great new offering. This compact self-leveling rotary laser level boasts ¼ inch accuracy. It also has a range of 30 feet, which makes it ideal for most indoor projects. It is a pretty good tool if you want to lay tiles on the floor or the wall.
Three Laser Line Modes
The unit has been equipped with three laser modes that can be used individually as per the personal preferences of the user. These modes include:
- Plumb; and
The unit is also capable of self-leveling within four degrees. Apart from that, it has a small but bright LED indicator that will turn red when you place it in position for self-leveling activation.
The unit is shipped with its own easily adjustable clamp so that you will be able to you use this laser level in diverse applications. It will also make it considerably easier to work alone since you won’t need anyone to hold the level while you are working on setting your tiles.
If you are interested in adjusting the level to other angles, then you can easily switch to manual mode with the push of a button. Furthermore, you can also choose to mount this cross laser on any quarter-inch threaded tripod base.
You would not have any issues in learning how to use the device, because the English language manual is both simple and clear and gives step by step directions. The ‘batteries not included’ disclaimer does not apply to this unit because it comes with two AA sized batteries. However, the unit performs best in low light conditions that are usually found in an indoor environment.
- The two AA sized batteries, and the operating manual makes it extremely easy to use, right out of the box
- The unit offers you three different laser line modes one of which is a laser cross line
- It has a self-leveling feature that can measure up to 4 degrees of level
- It is accurate up till ¼ inch at a thirty feet range
- It has a self-leveling feature when it reaches within 4 degrees of level
- A truly multi-purpose device that can easily be used in a myriad of different tasks such as the installation of windows, doors tile alignment, etc.
- The laser level has a convenient mounting clamp that can be adjusted easily enough, but also offers a firm base as well. Thus ensuring that the unit is versatile enough for a broad range of diverse applications
- The clamp is fragile, and if it breaks, the company does not provide any replacements.
- Working range: +/-65-Feet
- Square accuracy: +/-1/16-Inch at 20-Feet
- Leveling: fixed base not self leveling
The PLS Laser PLS-60567 is a powerful laser level that has a far superior range than its competitors. Its total working range hovers around the 65 feet mark. This tile laser level is accurate up till 1/16 of inches (plus or minus) with optimal accuracy at 20 feet or so.
This PLS Laser has a 3-year warranty. Apart from that, it also has a carrying case when you want to lug it from site to site. And the case is pretty useful since the device weighs 4.1 lbs.
The good people at Pacific Laser Systems stand by their products. Many users have stated that if the product develops a fault, PLS does not merely refurbish it but will replace it with a new one, free of cost.
The unit has a ‘Tile Layout Tool’ that is very handy for people who love to work alone. When used properly, it can help bring out their inner ‘solo tile installer.’ The range and accuracy can help save a whole lot of time and effort.
This is a pretty expensive option at around $200, but if you are in the market for a really top-end laser guide, then you might consider the PLS (Pacific Laser Systems) Floor Tile Layout Laser as the perfect companion for whatever project you want to execute on your own.
- Excellent build quality
- A tough laser that is both reliable and durable; a level laser that will last a long time
- Great support from the manufacturers
- 3-year Warranty
- Hard carrying case custom-built for this unit and its accessories
- Accessories include two batteries, floor targets, operating manual and hard carrying case
- Laser Type-635nm, Laser Class-II <1mW
- It can operate for ten hours continuously
- Comparatively more expensive than most other tile laser levels
- At 4.1 pounds it is a pretty heavy unit
- Does not include a self-leveling feature
- VERSATILE: The Bosch GTL2 Laser Level Square projects horizontal and vertical chalk lines on any surface up to 30-ft
- VISIBILTY: Bright, sharp, highly visible laser lines to help you square, align and angle at 90° for squaring kitchen tile, bathroom flooring layout, and walls
- CONVENIENT: Features an alignment guide for 90° layout and calculates and turns angles in 5° increments
When it comes to power tools and accessories, it is almost impossible to go wrong with an original Bosch. This is predominately a floor laser.
However, you have to be very careful since there are many cheap imitation knocks offs. Fortunately, they can be easily identified because of their relatively cheap fit, finish, and weight; however, the biggest giveaway is the price. An imitation Borsht will usually a whole lot cheaper than a brand new one hundred percent original one.
As far as the real thing is concerned, Bosch is a reputable company, and they have many decades of experience in offering their customers highly durable and reliable tools, for even the toughest of jobs.
Bosch’s latest offering; the Bosch Laser Level and Square GTL2 is arguably one of the most impressive tools you can find when it comes to perfection in tile alignment and other tasks of a similar nature. Which shouldn’t come as a surprise seeing as it’s a Bosch professional tile laser level.
What I love about this is that it can project ‘chalk lines’ in 360 degrees, acting as a laser layout tool.
This is a versatile tool that can project highly visible horizontal and vertical lines on many different surfaces up to a range of 30 feet. With the help of this device, you can very quickly square, align, as well as gauge the angle at up to 90 degrees
This is one of the more user-friendly offerings by Bosch, and if complicated electronic tools are not your forte, then this is an excellent option for you. This is thanks to its simple one-button only operation with which it powers its twin perpendicular laser lines at a 90-degree angle.
This Bosch laser level comes with an alignment guide that works up to a 90-degree layout. You can also both calculate and turn angles in increments of five degrees each. Pretty convenient, eh?
The whole idea of purchasing a laser level is to achieve pinpoint accuracy in any tile-laying projects. This device will be able to give you the desired level of precision and accuracy within 1 inch for every hundred feet of distance. The support vials will also ensure that your tiles are well leveled too.
- The unit has been equipped duel bubble levels to ensure that its beam is perfectly level
- It comes with a fairly simple press and push option so that you can easily secure the unit to any smooth surface with the help of a non-abrasive adhesive
- The laser level provides excellent accuracy and precision making it perfect to setting out square tiles
- It comes with sticky putty so that you can literally ‘stick’ the device on a nearby wall if you are working all by yourself
- A highly versatile laser unit that can easily be used on many different projects such as designing countertops, tile floors, shelves for kitchen appliances, cabinets, and other stuff
- Perfect for even a newbie to the DIY world. Its single key operation can turn the unit on or off
- The unit is not equipped with a laser pivot that would lock the unit at 90 degrees
- The device does not produce a really powerful laser, and it is difficult to see in a brightly lit room or if you want to use it for long distances
- Generates two lines on the floor at 90° angles for surface layout including tile, stone, brick, carpet and hardwood flooring
- Projects two laser beams over wet mastic or concrete
- Angles are easily established with the built-in protractor
Johnson’s ‘40-6616 Tiling Laser Level’ is a very user-friendly unit. This Johnson level is a great tool to have if you are working on tile, brick, carpet stone, or even a hardwood flooring project.
The Johnson level tiling and flooring laser level is capable of projecting two laser beams over either a wet mastic or even concrete. The Johnson Level make it easy to establish angles thanks to its built-in protractor.
It is equipped with a single button operation feature. One press of this button generates duel laser beams that can form a 90-degree angle.
Using this device can help save a lot of time and effort for most DIY flooring projects. And as far as larger projects are concerned, there is also a floor target that is included with this tool. It extends the overall visibility of the beams.
It weighs in at a hefty 9.9 ounces and also comes with two AA batteries that are included with it. Apart from that, there is also an orange nylon pouch in which you can place the level.
Other accessories include a bright red transparent floor target. Then there is a stand that is attached to the back as well as a large magnet mounted on the top of the stand.
This laser level is shaped like a triangle, and its red on/off button is located on top of the unit. Apart from that, there is also a bright red LED light that lets you know when the device is active.
However, the beam is not very strong, and it is difficult to spot beyond 10 feet for many people. It comes with batteries that are included in the package. If you use it properly, you won’t need to fool around with all those super messy chalk lines.
This laser level is a reasonable mid-priced tool in the $120 range (brand new) for people who are looking for a laser level that will help to increase the speed and efficacy of their tiling work.
There are two clear glass bubble levels that are also located on different sides of this laser level. They have been included to effectively ensure that the tiles or flooring is entirely level and the device is not throwing the laser beams out of range.
The laser windows through which the beams are projected are well protected by thick rubber so that they do not lose focus even if the device is dropped a few times.
The rest of the laser level has been constructed of very durable and hard plastic. There are three raised square-shaped sections that are there to help you to set the tool up evenly when you are tiling the floor.
This level is manually operated, and it has a standard wavelength of 635nm (red). There are different classes of laser levels.
This unit is a class llla laser product. It operates at 5 milliwatts, max. It can also work well at operating temperatures between 14° F – 113°F. This is good enough for most types of indoor work, for which it has been designed.
- Its built-in protractor helps to establish angles quickly and effectively.
- This is a Laser Class Illa laser product with Power output ≤5mW
- Very lightweight unit
- The Johnson level laser beams have a pretty short reach
- The device is not able to allow perpendicular projection
- One-button operation to switch three laser-line modes: Level, Plumb and Cross-Line.
- Professional accuracy, ±1/8-Inch at 33 feet, Class II laser product, Output ≤ 1mW
- Manual mode, laser beam can be projected at any angle, such as projection for stair installation and guardrails.
Firecore’s F112R is equipped with a self-leveling feature that can make tile laying a fairly simple job.
This is a professional quality laser level that projects two laser lines. They can be operated either independent of each other, or they can work together to provide leveling solutions for most DIY tasks.
This is an extremely durable tool because of its over-molded design and construction. It can handle the toughest workplace without missing a beat.
The device is well-equipped with a self-leveling function that has a range of 4 degrees. In case you place the device over the 4 degrees mark, its laser beam will start flashing very quickly. The unit has laser setup modes for vertical, cross line, and horizontal configurations.
A key feature of this unit is its magnetic bracket that will allow the unit to be mounted on any conventional 5/8 inches tripod. Apart from that, the unit has been designed with a pendulum lock. This lock will prevent any sort of damage from taking place in case the unit is roughed up during transport.
It is quite easy to operate, and it can save a lot of time. You can use this device for a broad array of purposes. Its utility stretches from laying tiles to installing floors all the way to hanging pictures!
- The good people at Firecore have thoughtfully included two AA sized batteries with it so you won’t have to run to the nearest hardware store after opening the unit
- The operation manual is lucid and easy to understand. It offers step by step guidance for using this unit
- It features a pendulum lock to ensure that no damages take place during transportation
- The device comes with a magnetic bracket so that you will be able to attach it to a metal track or any other metallic surface
- Its over-molded body is very durable and water-resistant, and it can also handle being dropped from a working height
- A true multipurpose laser lever that you can easily use in many different applications both at home or even at a professional construction site
- At under $50, this unit is an absolute bargain
- When using the device on manual mode, the beam can easily be projected at any angle, making it ideal for guardrail and staircase installation
- The unit works fine indoors, but it is difficult to see the laser beam in an outdoors environment
- The screws cannot be adjusted and are fixed in their positions
- ACCURACY: Featuring a Bosch-patented diamond-cut beam splitter with a single diode that projects all points for superior accuracy. With plumb and level point projection, you can accurately transfer...
- VERSATILITY: includes three beams: Plumb, GPL3T, and Square Point Projection. The Bosch GPL3T is ideal for plumbing up floors and ceilings to installing drywall partitions, and more.
- PRECISION: The Bosch GPL3T offers versatile positioning capability thanks to precision bubble vials, leveling base, V-groove, magnets, 1/4-Inch by 20-Inch tripod mount, alignment shoulders,...
As its name implies, the GPL3T employs three laser beams for extra precision and accuracy. In fact, this kit has been designed to ensure that you can do a whole lot more than simple tiling jobs. It does not matter if you want highly accurate measurements for plumbing ceiling or floors or even drywall installation, this laser level tool kit is an ideal option for all such tasks.
The unit provides you with both left and right beams at 90 degrees, thus ensuring maximum on-job flexibility. This makes the device an excellent tool for all those projects that require square point projection.
Since the principal function of a laser level is to ensure a very high level of accuracy, this model has been designed with its very own patented ‘diamond-cut beam splitter.’ It features a lone light-emitting diode to ensure accuracy.
While accuracy may be the hallmark of this tool, but it is no slough in the reliability and durability departments thanks to its singularly robust construction.
Moreover, its long, complicated name belies the fact that it is straightforward to use even for beginners. This is because it is equipped with a simple on, off switch. It is also very lightweight as well, making it a highly portable device.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with...
Bosch’s GLL 50 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser, ensures ever greater productivity in all of your DIY projects. The GLL 50 is a highly accurate device. This has a lot to do with the fact that the device employs Bosch’s state of the art ‘Visimax’ technology so that you will have excellent visibility up to 50 ft in most regular working conditions. As with most other Bosch’s laser level offerings, this is a very user-friendly unit that can even be used by a newbie.
The device gives you multiple laser setup modes that will enable you to project horizontal, vertical, and even cross lines as well. Moreover, the tool has the capability of projecting two different laser lines, either as standalone beams or together. Since it is a self-leveling unit, accuracy is all but assured, irrespective of the project. This model also has a smart pendulum system that enables the unit to self-level as well. Furthermore, the unit also indicates whenever it is out of level so that you can always take exact measurements, all the time.
In case you are interested in mounting the tool on a wall, you are in luck. The device comes with its own magnetic L mount that has several powerful magnets that allow you to attach the unit to a metallic base.
Transporting the unit is pretty simple. The device’s pendulum system can be turned off so that you can cart it to even very rough locations without any fear of impact and shock damage.
The tool has been constructed, keeping in mind its usage in outdoor locations. This is why the unit is made of very rugged and strong materials. This way, it can handle even the toughest working conditions. This is one unit that is sure to keep on ticking, regardless of rain, snow, or dust.
Bosch’s Visimax system actively monitors the core temperature of the laser, thus keeping the light-emitting diodes (LEDs) at maximum brightness for as long as required.
- Lots of high-end features for a reasonable price
- VisiMax technology for maximum power with no concerns about overheating
- Bosch’s standard 2-year limited warranty
- No pulse mode – no compatible receiver
- Difficult to see in bright daylight
Ultimately, regardless of whichever tile laser level you choose, you will have to learn how to use and maintain the device. It does not matter if you are a highly skilled professional or even a DIY lover, you will need both accuracy as well as precision when you are installing tiles.
This is why you should choose only that leaser level that fits the usage you have in mind for the device. This is the best way of ensuring that your home improvement projects go perfectly well.
Personally I was torn between the DeWalt DW088K and Huepar 901CG, I ended up going for the Huepar and I don’t regret it.
All of the above units can be used for tiling purposes. Here, you will have to decide for yourself, just which unit best fits your own requirements in terms of overall range, functionality, ease of operation as well as ROI (return on investment).
Many users who are using a tile laser level for the very first time are often pleasantly surprised at how functional and easy these devices are when compared to string lines. The tile laser level is now becoming a vital necessity for all tile laying and flooring jobs.