- Best Pressure Washer Gun Reviews
- 1. 99023802 4000 PSI Apache Pressure Washer Gun Kit
- 2. DUSICHIN DUS-022 Short Wand High Pressure Washer Gun 3000 PSI
- 3. Apache 99023801 2600 PSI Pressure Washer Gun & Variable Wand Kit
- 4. AR Blue Clean PW909100K Universal Electric Power Washer Replacement Kit
- 5. Sooprinse High-Pressure Washer Gun 3000 PSI
- 6. Tool Daily Short Pressure Washer Gun with M22 Thread 4000 PSI
- 7. Washer Pro Pressure Washer Gun Accessories Kit
- 8. Suttner St-2700 5000psi 12gpm 202700600
- Best Pressure washer Guns
- 9. RIDGE WASHER Pressure Washer Gun
- 10. Suttner 203600600 ST-3600 Industrial High-Pressure Spray Gun
- 11. M MINGLE Replacement Pressure Washer Gun
- 12. Briggs & Stratton Pressure Washer Gun Up to 3000 PSI 204627GS
- 13. Onepack 3000 PSI Pressure Washer Gun Power Washer Spray Gun Kit
- 14. STYDDI Pressure Washer Trigger Spray Gun Kit
- 15. Atmozon Long Pressure Washer Spray Gun
- 16. YAMATIC 5000 PSI High-Pressure Washer Trigger Spray Gun
- What is a Pressure Washer Gun?
- Anatomy of Pressure Washer Spray Guns
- How the Trigger Gun Works
- Pressure Washer Gun Types
- Pressure Washer Buying Guide
- Two Main Styles of Replacement Guns
- Who needs a pressure washer gun?
- Are Replacement Guns Universal, or Do I Need the Same Brand as My Pressure Washer?
- What’s the Difference: Industrial Spray Gun vs. Residential Medium-duty?
- FAQ About Pressure Washer Guns
- 1. What is the difference between a pressure washer lance, gun, trigger gun, and a wand?
- 2. How do I know if I need a new pressure washer gun?
- 3. Can I use a pressure washer gun with hot water?
- 4. Do I need the pressure washer gun from the same manufacturer that made my pressure washer?
- 5. Can I use my pressure washer without a pressure washer gun?
- Best Pressure Washer Gun Comparison Table
- Wrap Up
Pressure washers are incredibly fun to use, so much so that my wife will often ask to help wash the cars just so she can use the pressure washer. But with these powerful machines, maintenance alone isn’t going to cut it. No matter what, every machine has something that’ll need replacing every now and then.
In this case, I find that the pressure washer guns need to be replaced at some point during the life of your pressure washer. Now I want to fix a belief that a lot of people seem to have. They believe that once the gun starts to malfunction that they need to replace their entire pressure washer. That couldn’t be further from the truth, in fact, I’m happy to tell you that there is a very simple solution.
In this guide I’ll show you the best pressure washer gun kits and how to pick one that matches your budget and your washing habits.
I’ll also provide you with a list that you can choose from in my pressure washer gun reviews section. Once you’ve been through my guide you’ll have all the knowledge you need to know about pressure washer spray guns and pressure washer gun kits.
If your spray gun has broke, or you simply want to upgrade, then I’ll show you the best pressure washer replacement spray gun for the money in this article.
I’ll also show you the trigger gun professionals love the most, just in case cost isn’t an issue, and you genuinely want the best that money can buy.
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
Best Pressure Washer Gun Reviews
If you are looking for the best replacement pressure washer spray gun for most people, then this list has it. I’ve tested over 30 spray guns over the years, pairing them with the best electric pressure washers. I’ve taken them apart to check the build quality and the quality of the included spray nozzle tips.
- The kit is designed for only gas pressure washers over 2,500 psi; Complete 4,000 psi spray gun, wand, and nozzle kit for gasoline and electric pressure washers
- 19" wand with 1/4" quick-disconnect end for simplified spray tip exchange
- Five color-coded spray tips with 0, 15, 25, 40, and 65-degree spray patterns for a variety of uses
If you are looking for the best replacement washer gun kit on the market, then look no further. The Apache 99023802 is the best residential trigger gun.
Heck, this is so good that it’s going to up your washing game by a large margin, bare in mind that this isn’t just the gun, you are getting a whole set of helpful gear for use in your pursuit of cleanliness. This gun has been designed for comfort when you are holding it. It features an elongated body and comes with rubberized grips for more control, we are dealing with high pressures after all, it also pairs well with a pressure washer surface cleaner.
If you want a pressure washer gun that will give you more reach while you wash, they you’ll be glad to know that this comes with a 19″ extension wand, as the body is already elongated, attaching the extension wand should give you all the reach you could want without losing pressure.
You get a spray gun, a pressure wand, and a set of 5 multi color-coded quick-connect spray tips and two adapters to ensure it will be compatible with as many pressure washers as possible.
The spray wand is 19 inches long and can handle vast amounts of pressure.
You can use this spray gun with gasoline and electric pressure washers.
The quick-connect tips are the full set of 5, covering 0-degrees, 15-degrees, 25-degrees, 40-degrees, and the soap nozzle so there isn’t a job you can complete.
- The elongated design of this pressure washer wand will ensure a long stable reach while washing.
- You get a 19-inch extension wand included so you can reach even further
- Apache included 5 different quick-connect spray tips to allow you to adapt the gun to the task at hand
- Highly secure lock: prevents any accidental use.
- Works with both gas & electrical washers.
- This isn’t exactly a budget-friendly option, but it’s well worth it due to it’s performance.
- 3000 PSI high pressure water handle gun body, brass fitting
- 5 pieces of high pressure water nozzles with different pattern
- Flow rate 3.0 GPM nozzles at 3600 PSI
This short-barreled pressure washer gun from DUSICHIN can be a very powerful ally for your pressure washing tasks. The overall design of this trigger gun could be described as minimalist. It prioritizes functionality over aesthetics. You lose a little reach thanks to it’s short barrel, but this works flawlessly with foam cannons and other similar extensions.
The handle has been designed to be ergonomic with a few dents in the plastic which really helps give you a nice firm grip. This also features a safety lock that prevents accidental pressure washer activation and as such the injuries that can occur from that. This set includes 5 quick connect nozzle tips, allowing you to adapt the guns spray pattern to your needs, these tips mean you are able to soap, clean, strip and blast away dirt.
This features a low PSI rating, meaning you only need a pressure washer that’s able to produce 1000 PSI to use this gun, though the maximum is 3000 PSI.
- This is an affordable pressure wash gun that supports foam cannons
- You get five quick connect spray nozzle tips which gives you a lot of versatility
- Features a safety locking mechanism on the trigger gun
- The nozzle of this pressure washer gun is rather short, while it supports foam cannons, it does have a short reach requiring an extension lance
- Includes: Metric Gun with a Detachable Wand, Variable Spray Nozzle with Male Metric Inlet
- Maximum PSI (lbs): 2600
- Maximum Temperature: 140°F
Here’s another model from Apache, while it can’t handle as much pressure as the previous model on this list, this is still a fantastic option.
You get a spray gun and a variable wand, the variable wand which adjusts from 0-degrees to 40-degrees and also a low-pressure soaping setting.
You can use this on both gas and electric pressure units, though very few gas units produce pressure low enough.
This wand can handle pressures up to a maximum PSI of 2600, which is perfect for medium-duty pressure washers.
- Easy to control and maintain.
- Variable wand giving access to all spraying angles
- Durable trigger.
- Unable to do heavy washing jobs.
- The maximum power output is 2600 PSI.
- Not really suitable for gas units
- Excellent for electric, cold water pressure washers. Not usable for gas powered pressure washers.
- Easy Squeeze Trigger Gun: Built with a fully integrated trigger, this gun offers an easy squeeze trigger which maximizes comfort and reduces fatigue over long cleaning sessions.
- 300 Series Connection: The easy squeeze trigger gun is constructed with an easy 300 series plug connection.
Here’s a fantastic model from Annovi Reverberi; this is a company that is well known in the pressure washing industry.
The AR Blue Clean PW909100K is an incredibly innovative spray gun kit that is designed to work with electric pressure washers.
It only works with cold water and can support up to 1800 PSI, so this is designed to work with light-duty machines.
The kit itself includes the trigger gun, a spray lance, a Vario nozzle, and a turbo nozzle. You also get a snow foam/detergent bottle and a high-pressure hose.
You also get an extension lance included in the kit, so hard to reach high spots won’t be hard to reach anymore.
- Safety trigger lock.
- Simple and easy to assemble.
- Flexible installing process.
- Good quality & sturdy materials.
- The maximum pressure is only 800PSI.
- It is not recommended for gasoline & hot water pressure washers.
- ❤【Premium Quality】The gun body is made of engineering plastic, internal structure is brass and stainless steel, which is strong and durable,ensures working normally at 3000PSI Maximum. Note: Not suitable for garden hoses.
- ❤【Package Include】Includes high pressure washer gun,5 spray nozzles tips creating 5 patterns for a variety of uses.
- ❤【Good Compatibility】1/4 inch outlet quick disconnect fitting，M22-14 Thread inlet fitting (inside diameter 14mm).
If you are lookings for simplicity and also a budget friendly pressure washer gun then this option from Sooprinse may well be the right choice for you. The trigger gun has all the necessary specification to fulfill all your cleaning needs, but it doesn’t pack any bells or whistles. This does directly translate to a cheaper price and as such less strain on your wallet. Though don’t underestimate this pressure washer gun, while it may be simple it get’s the job done.
While the overall design is rather minimal with it’s all black body and short nozzle, it fits all soam cannons with ease. The outer body itself is made from plastic, but the internal components are made from brass and stainless steel. This trigger gun features a safety lock which prevents you from activating the water stream. You also get a brand new set of quick-connect nozzle tips to ensure you can tackle a wide range of cleaning tasks.
- This is a lightweight pressure washer gun which features brass and steel internals
- You get a set of 5 different quick-connect nozzle tips so you can adapt your pressure washer to the job at hand, you also get the soap tip.
- Safety locking mechanism giving you an extra layer of safety
- The maximum PSI that this pressure washer gun can handle is 3,000 PSI which is above average, but will not work with the more heavy-duty power washers
- ATTENTION: Not Fit GardenHose, WaterHose or YourFaucet Directly. PLEASE CHECK IMAGE 2. It has M22 THREAD and 14 MM INNER CONNECTOR FITTING. If hose has M22 14mm fitting with 14mm inside diameter, please connect to hose directly. If hose has M22 15mm fitting with 15mm inside diameter, please connect the brass coupler to gun and hose.
- ATTENTION: Not Fit GardenHose, WaterHose or YourFaucet Directly. High replacement pressure washer gun is universal for electric and gas pressure washer with M22 fitting.
- ATTENTION: Not Fit GardenHose, WaterHose or YourFaucet Directly. 1/4’’ standard quick connector. Connects any accessories with 1/4’’ plug to the gun. Such as nozzles tips, pivoting coupler, foam cannon, extension wand.
There are some pressure washer owners who just aim for simplicity and with this trigger gun you get just that, no more and certainly no less. The first thing I noticed was that this is a very budget friendly model, which makes sense as you just get the pressure washer gun, there are no additional extras included. The gun itself is simple, make from plastics with a griping material around the handle.
The nozzle is elongated enough for your to be able to grip this with both hands for extra stablity there’s also a safety lock to prevent accidental water release. The minimum pressure that you need is 1000 PSI and it can handle a maximum of 4000 PSI which is more than enough for all sorts of dirt.
- One of the most affordable options out there
- Extended nozzle for additional grip
- The internals are made from brass and stainless steel for durability
- Rivals the mckillans pressure washer gun
- There’s no added extras, this is solely the gun
- HIGH PRESSURE CLEAN: 4000 psi powerwasher makes washing your car, sidewalk, and more a cinch
- REPLACEMENT LANCE: Sets include easy to use trigger handle guns with 19 inch hose extension wands
- 3 ATTACHMENTS: Kit has 2 male adapters and quick connecting pivoting coupler for 90 degree spraying
Here;s a modern looking pressure washer gun which features one of the biggest kits to help cover all your cleaning needs. This features 10 parts so you can clean better and faster. The modern look is there for a reason, the extended built-in nozzle is covered with an anti-slip material to give you a nice firm grip increasing the stability of this spray gun. This nozzle cannot be detached, so mounting a foam cannon is possible but it will be at a distance.
The accessories that you get with this is incredible. You get 7 different quick-connect nozzles covering angles from 0° all the way to 65° so dirt won’t stand a chance. You also get an new replacement lance which can work as an extension wand. Also you get a set of standard adaptors for the coupler and the hose connection, so this will fit the majority of pressure washer models out there. One of the tips I loved was the adjustable tip which made cleaning gutters super easy.
This gun trigger kit can handle up to 4000 PSI, so it can handle both gas and electric pressure washers.
- This is one of the largest sets of pressure washer gun accessories featuring 7 quick-connect nozzles
- The trigger gun features an attached long nozzle and a spare extension lance.
- You get a set of adapters for different hose standards
- Works with both gas powered presure washers & electric washers.
- Maximum 4000 PSI so you will need one of the best pressure washer hoses.
- Reasonable price, but the quality isn’t high.
- Connectors don’t provide the most secure connection.
- This pressure washer gun works great in all sorts of situations and thanks to its elongated shape it can be difficult to use with a foam cannon.
- Not for your average pressure washer user
If you are looking to just upgrade the trigger gun, then look no further. This is the upgrade I suggest for residential uses.
The manufacturer, Suttner, calls this trigger gun a “relax-action” trigger.
The idea behind this trigger gun is to allow easier pressure washing for long periods, I don’t know about you but my hand aches after a long pressure washing session, using this trigger gun changed that.
This spray gun helps reduce fatigue, and this only includes the trigger part, so you’ll need to purchase a stainless steel lance/wand and nozzle tips separately.
This isn’t a disadvantage, you can attach spray foam cannons better, which improves your ability to foam your car. Plus, you can mix and match to your heart’s content to get the perfect setup.
Thanks to its ability to handle up to 5000 PSI, this will work well with gas and electric pressure washers.
- Can handle up to 5000 PSI
- Works with both gas and electric pressure washers
- Reduces fatigue for long periods of use
- Can handle any pressure washing job
- No nozzle tips or spray lance
Best Pressure washer Guns
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
||View On Amazon|
- ATTENTION: Not Fit GardenHose or WaterHose!!! Power washer gun is designed for hot and cold water in gas and electric pressure washer. Max Temperature for water is up to 100℃ ( 212°F ). Max Flow Rate is up to 5.3 GPM. Max Pressure is up to 4000 PSI.
- This pressure washer wand fits pressure washer hose with M22 14mm or M22 15mm fitting. Generac, Ryobi, Briggs Stratton, Craftsman, Simpson, Karcher pressure washer hose has M22 14mm fitting. Excell, MI-T-M, Stanley, Campbell, AR Blue, Cleanforce, Simoniz power washer hose has M22 15mm fitting. Please connect power washer wand to the hose directly if your hose has M22 14mm fitting. Please connect brass coupler between wand and hose if your hose has M22 15mm fitting.
- The length of pressure washer handle is adjustable. Easy to change the length based on the purpose of cleaning. There are three length, 40 inch, 24 inch, 9 inch.
With this trigger gun from Ridge Washer, you not only get the trigger fun but also a few attachments, the one thing that stood out to me is that it comes with an extension wand that features an adjustable length. This really adds to the usability and with the maneuvering around your yard when washing. I loved the red color of this gun, which isn’t something you see in pressure wash funds, if you value aesthetics then you will love this.
The included accessories don’t just include this extendable lance, but you also get five quick connect nozzle tips. Also, you can remove the extension wand for those times when you need to get up close and personal or when you want to use a foam cannon with the pressure washer gun. The trigger features a safety lock, and the intake is located on the bottom back of the trigger body. Also, a great feature of this is that it supports hot water washing, handling up to 212° F (100° C – water’s boiling point).
- This is a modern looking pressure washer gun which features a detachable extension wand.
- It can handle hot water washing up to 212° F
- You also get 5 quick connect tips and hose couples adapters
- This really is one of the best pressure washer guns which works well with a gas pressure washer
- At the maximum wand length, you may experience a very slight pressure drop
Ok.. I must admit that this one is a bit of fun, this is the choice amongst professionals, yes you can use it for residential purposes, but it’s aimed entirely at professionals.
The Suttner ST-3600 is one of the most expensive models on the market because it allows enormous amounts of water flow and has a very high chemical resistance.
But how much flow? 21 GPM at 8700 PSI.
Professional mobile power washers are enormous fans of chemical resistance. It allows them to be worry-free use of the downstream chemical injection, used to clean surfaces as fast as possible.
- Huge pressure capacity power washer gun
- Huge flow rate
- Chemical resistance
- Not cheap
- Aimed at professionals
- Universal pressure washer spray gun has M22 14mm or M22 15mm fitting. M22 14mm fitting is compatible with Generac, Simpson, Briggs Stratton, craftsman, karcher, Ryobi pressure washer. M22 15mm fitting is compatible with Sun Joe, Campbell, MI-T-M, AR Blue, Stanley, Cleanforce, Simoniz, Excell power washer.
- Attention: Not fit gardenhoses, waterhose or your faucet directly. If pressure washer hose has M22 14mm fitting with 14mm inside diameter, please connect to hose directly. If hose has M22 15mm fitting with 15mm inside diameter, please connect the brass coupler between gun and hose.
- Change the length of pressure washer gun based on your application. Easy to change pressure washer long gun to short gun. Three Length:40 inch, 25 inch, 8.8 inch. Replacement pressure washer trigger gun fits gas and electric pressure washer with M22 fitting.
This pressure washer gun kit from M Mingle will provide you with a range of features. The body itself is designed in two parts, the trigger and then the extended wand. The base of the gun’s body will provide you with the basic needs and will work well with all sorts of foam cannons. To increase the safety of this trigger, the fun has rubberized edges and a safety locking mechanism. This means you will never accidentally let water out of the wand or drop the gun itself.
If you aren’t happy with the short gun version, this set also includes an extended wand, so you can increase the length up to a total of 40 inches. By extending the wand you get much more reach. The first extension wand features a griping layer, allowing you to grasp it for more stability,. The set also includes a coupler and five different quick-connect nozzle tips.
- This gun features short form as standard but can be extended with two extending options
- The power washer gun is rubberized and features a safety lock making this very safe
- A set of five quick connect tips has been included
- Nit picking here, if you attach the extensions it’s hard to use a soap cannon, and the double is just for water
- Replaces old or damaged pressure washer spray guns
- Fits most brands of pressure washers up to 3000 PSI
- Connect to any M22 hose or wand fitting
Briggs & Stratton is a very well known brand and they knock out some amazing pressure washers. This brand knows it’s way around pressure washers. So it comes as no surprise that this is a fantastic pressure washer gun whether as a replacement or an additional trigger gun. This is a favorite for some, who purchase it because it feels so good in the hand.
This trigger wand comes with a built in wand, which gives you loads of stability while you are washing as you can grab this with both hands one on the trigger and one on the lance. The water intake is located on the front of the trigger, so you’ll be able to move the gun around without any issues. The internal parts are made using brass and stainless steel. Though this doesn’t include any include any additional quick–connect nozzles, but it does fit a wide range of pressure washers, it’s not limited to just Briggs & Stratton units.
- This is a simple and cost-effective pressure washer gun replacement from a famous brand
- The trigger features a safety lock
- The protected wand means you can hold this with both handles giving excellent stability and safety
- The front water intake is hit or miss, thats a personal preference thing
- ✔ ATTENTION- Pressure washer gun is Metric M22-14mm inner connector fitting. Fit standard pressure washer hose connector. But don't fit 3/8" hose connector.Please confirm the size of your hose line before purchase.
- ✔ SCIENTIFIC DESIGN- Gun has a comfortable grip to fit your hands, making your pressure washing job a breeze. The gun also has a safety locking trigger to prevent unwanted trigger pulls.
- ✔ HIGH PRESSURE ERGONOMIC SPRAY GUN SPRAYER - Five color-coded spray tips with 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, & Soap-degree spray patterns for a variety of uses,such as watering flowers and plants,washing car,washing fence,washing roof.
Having to replace your entire pressure washing kit doesn’t happen often but when when it does it can be hassle. Having to replace the hose, the gun, and the connectors, it annoys me to think of it. Thankfully there are kits such as this one from Onepack which contains everything except for the pressure washer. This kit includes an elongated trigger gun with a non-detachable lance. This is a very comfortable lance to use, but because of the length of this lance it does make using a soap cannon a little more tricky. The design itself is designed around safety, such as it’s rubber grips or it’s locking mechnism.
Along with the gun, you get an extension wand that gives you an additional 20 inches of reach, on top of that you also get 5 quick connect nozzle tips covering a wide range of cleaning tasks. One thing this set includes that most don’t is a 26-foot long high-pressure hose which features standard connectors. So if you need to replace all your pressure washing gear, this is a quick replacement set.
- This is a complete replacement set for a pressure washer including a 26 foot-long hose
- The trigger gun itself can be extended an additional 20 inches
- You also get 5 quick-connect nozzle tips
- The maximum PSI rating is 3,000 PSI which is great for most pressure washers but no good for heavy-duty cleaning
- UNIVERSAL FOR PRESSURE WASHER WITH M22X15 MM OR M22X14MM FITTING: Pressure washer gun has M22 thread and 14mm inner connector fitting. You could connect directly to your hose with M22 14mm fitting; And a M22 14mm female to M22 15mm male coupler adapter is included in the package, which help you connect to your M22 15mm inner diameter hose as well. ATTENTION: NOT FIT GARDEN HOSE OR WATER HOSE.
- 4000PSI PRESSURE WASHER GUN WITH THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: The gun features a locking safety handle to prevent accidental sprays /Ergonomic design and easy pull trigger for ease of use and trigger safety lock-out; Comfortable grip to fit your hands, making your pressure washing job a breeze.
- THREE DIFFERENT LENGTH BASED ON YOUR USE REQUIREMENTS: Easy to change pressure washer long gun to short gun as your needs. 41" Full length help you wash car or clean house without hassles. It provides extra length to gun to get to hard to reach places, makes your cleaning tasks much easier and faster to accomplish.
This is a versatile bit of kit which contains a pressure washer gun that is capable of not only cold water washing but also hot water washing with water temperatures up to 300° F. The trigger has been padded with rubber to aid with grip and it has a locking mechanism for safety reasons. The set from STYDDI is an amazing option to have as a backup as it features everything you need to start pressure washing, well except the pressure washer itself.
When it comes to performance, asides from handling hot water, this pressure washer gun can handle up to 4000 PSI. This is a figure that most gas pressure washers operate under, so you will be able to use your heavy-duty washer with this kit. You also get 5 different quick connect nozzle tips.
- Capable of handling hot water up to 300° F
- 5 quick connect nozzle tips plus adapters
- Extendable wand for more reach
- When using the adapters the water intake might need some small adjustments, trust me Teflon tape is your ally
- 〖ATTENTION〗Handle pressure washer gun with M22 fitting. If your hose inside diameter is M22-14mm, please connect to hose directly. If you need connect to a hose with an inner diameter of 15mm , we offer brass fittings to connect guns and hoses. NOT FIT GARDEN HOSE.
- 〖Humanization Design〗Atmozon power washer gun has three lengths: 40 inches, 25 inches and 8.8 inches. Freely adjust the length of the pressure washer gun. The gun has a safety lock trigger to prevent accidental ejection. The handle design is more comfortable and the grip feels better.
- 〖Universal Connector〗Pressure washer wand extension with 1/4 inch standard quick connector. This pressure gun is compatible with most high pressure washer accessories with 1/4 inch plug on the market. Such as nozzle tips, foam cannon, water broom, undercarriage cleaner, etc.
This is a popular pressure washer gun that is an excellent replacement. That’s right it works better than a lot of OEM standard trigger guns. The Atmozon doesn’t include loads of additional accessories, but it makes up for that with the excellent results it provides. The body is laced with anti-slip rubber and the trigger features a safety lock, the gun itself is short, but comes with a double extended wand.
The wand itself is layer with a gripping material allowing your to hold this with two hands for more control. If you need additional reach you can extend this lance up to a total of 40″ though when this is fully extended do not attach a soap cannon. Unfortunately doing so will cause the wand to bend. If you do need to use a soap cannon just remove the extension wands and attach it to the trigger itself.
- This is a trigger gun that’s been designed to last, it’s very sturdy and the rubberized edges aid great grip
- When you need a longer reach just attach the extension wands
- You get couple adapters so you can connect it to many different hose standards
- If you are going to use this with hot water, I suggest using heat-resistant gloves
- ⭐[5000 PSI Working Pressure] The high quality pressure washer gun with swivel made of premium material, supports your high frequency & high-intensity cleaning work for a long time. Perfect for homeowners and professionals, especially high gas pressure washers. Compatible with SIMPSON Cleaning, Briggs & Stratton, Pressure Pro, CRAFTSMAN, Champion, Honda, Excell, and other high pressure washers. PLEASE NOTE: NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SUN JOE PRESSURE WASHER; NOT COMPATIBLE WITH GARDEN HOSE AND FAUCET.
- ⭐[Non-Kink Swivel Plug] Upgrade swivel 3/8" quick connector inlet to avoid kink from pressure washer hose. Sturdy connector made of solid brass, tightly connected with the pressure washer spray gun to ensure leak resistance and high performance. (Update to swivel from Aug 16, 2022)
- ⭐[Born To BE Efficient] ❶The strip heat dissipation design provides excellent performance even at high temperatures and prolongs service life. ❷Shockproof reinforced plastic ribbing throughout the entire body of the gun supporting the pipe and protecting your hand. ❸Easy pull red trigger lock reducing your hand fatigue operation.
This pressure washer gun can handle a lot in terms of pressure. The YAMATIC is one of those that can handle a lot and by a lot, this thing has a maximum PSI rating of 5,000 PSI which is well above average for a pressure washer gun. The design is very industrial and you don’t get any bells and whistles. Though the parts are made of premium brass and stainless steel so durability isn’t a problem.
Alongside it’s ability to handle super high pressures, it can also handle heat. This can handle up to 210° F, if you have problems connecting this to your hose, check out the coupler adapters that YAMATIC has included.
- This is a simple yet durable pressure washer gun, made from brass and stainless steel internals
- This includes a safety lock to prevent accidental water release
- This can handle PSI ratings up to 5000 PSI
- This comes with no extras at all, just the trigger body
What is a Pressure Washer Gun?
While it has the word “gun” in the name, a pressure washer gun is actually more like a trigger, than a fully fledged firing mechanism. A pressure washer gun represents the connection between the pressurized water and the item you are spraying. If you were to use your pressure washer (and this goes for both gas and electric version) without a pressure washer gun, you will have little to no flow control. This is the reason why some people call these pressure washer guns and others call these trigger guns.
Regardless of what you decide to call this piece of equipment, you need a trigger fun to control the flow or rather output of the pressurized water, or if you are using a foam cannon, you will be able to control the foam. The best way to describe a pressure washer fun is to go through each of the main parts.
Anatomy of Pressure Washer Spray Guns
Like all pieces of equipment a pressure washer gun has essential parts, these are usually made of durable and water-resistant metal which are in control of keeping the water in and also letting it out on command.
While there are many pressure guns on the market, they are all engineered with very minor differences and they are all operated around a trigger activated ball valve.
A spray gun is made up of:
- The outer plastic case
- The trigger mechanism/parts – Usually a simple lever connected to the hand trigger which controls the valve and the control pin. This is the part that you pressure while you grip the pressure washer gun.
- The control pin and valve – When you pull the trigger, it pushes the ball into the valve, allowing the water to flow through the nozzle, this is the end of the line pressurized water. When the trigger is in the idle position, i.e. you haven’t pressed it. The water is held back by the pin when you move the trigger, you release the pin and the valve opens up, allowing the water through.
- Spray Lance & extensions – You’ll find that some pressure washer guns include the extension lance as a part of the build. Sometimes this lance is stabilized with a very firm connection to the main body and the valve, if this is the case you can’t remove the lance.
You’ll find that the pressure washer industry has many terms to describe the same parts when it comes to spray guns, so it can be overly complicated.
These key parts of your trigger gun work together to control the flow of the pressurized water. Whether you want to let the pressurized water through or to stop it. On the face of it, this may not sound like an impressive thing, but if you take into account that we aren’t talking about a garden hose here, we are talking about controlling the massive amount of pressure that your pressure washer creates all in these small parts that fit into the palm of your hand.
Other features include the ergonomics which while this isn’t essential, some pressure washer guns just have a better handle that works better in you handle. Some have a body made of thick plastic.
This gear is made to be very durable.
Industry Names for Spray Gun Kits
It’s most accurate to call the part which holds the trigger, the spray gun, and the steel part with the nozzle tip the lance or wand.
Typically the spray gun, sometimes called a trigger gun, has a 1-foot plastic casing; this is where the steel tube is usually housed.
However, you may have a gun that is very similar but doesn’t have the 1-foot casing; this is often referred to as a trigger gun.
Now you have an understanding of the parts and names for guns, check out this video below, show the how spray guns come apart in this disassembling video.
How the Trigger Gun Works
The main parts of a spray trigger gun are the valve and the trigger interaction.
When the trigger is locked, I.e., you haven’t squeezed it, the ball inside the valve is sitting in place, being held there by a spring blocking the water from going through.
When you pull the trigger, the trigger rotates around on an axis and pushes down on the control pin. What this does, it effectively pushes the ball against the spring holding it in place, this moves the ball out of the way so that the water can flow through the valve to the spray nozzle.
When you release the trigger, the spring pushes the ball back onto its seat, blocking the water flow.
That’s not all that happens, in addition to the valve and trigger interaction, there’s also the interaction between the trigger gun ball and the unloader valve on your pressure washer pump.
When the pressure washer is turned on, but you haven’t pulled the trigger, it’s the job of the unloader valve is to divert the water from the pump back to the pump inlet so that the pressure doesn’t build too high. It knows to do this by sensing an increase in the pressure or a change in the water flow.
When you pull the trigger to pressure washer something, the unloader valve senses the pressure or flow changes (this depends on the type of the unloader valve) and stops diverting water flow through the pump.
Pressure Washer Gun Types
When looking at pressure washer gun types, you can make distinctions between them based on several different qualities. These criteria are combined into a wide range of pressure washer guns. Firstly we have the PSI and GPM ratings, water temperature, the additional gear. All of these are combined together in some way in each and every pressure washer gun.
1. PSI and GPM
Every single trigger on the market will have some sort of threshold when it comes to the amount of PSI (pounds per square inch) and GPM (gallons per minute) rating that they can handle. Some are designed to be compatible with smaller pressure washers, while otherrs have been made to withstand the huge pressures created by commercial pressure washers reaching 10+ GPM and over 5000 PSI.
- Residential spray gun – This type of trigger gun is designed for use with light to medium-duty power washers. These work perfectly with electric pressure washers which usually have a lower PSI and GPM rating. A residential spray gun will have a much lower PSI requirement and also a lower maximum PSI threshold. That said, almost all residential pressure washers work with residential trigger guns, though you can use commercial should you wish.
- Commercial pressure washer guns – which as the name suggests are designed to work with commercial pressure washers which means they need to withstand higher pressure ranges and much more frequent use. The PSI and GPM threshold is a lot higher than what a residential trigger gun can handle.
2. Water Temperature
It should come as no secret that hot water brings a lot of advantages to the table when it comes to cleaning. Just look at hot water pressure washers. If you use hot water often, then you’ll be pleased to know that there are trigger gun models that support hot water flow, so you don’t be stuck with the one that came with your pressure washer. Usually, when a gun supports hot water pressure washer, they will have a thicker body, or the grip will be made out of a heat-resistant material so you don’t end up burning your hands.
Every pressure washer gun should be capable of supporting up to 140° F though make sure to double-check the products specifications before your make your final decision. There are also pressure washer guns that can handle with ease heat ranges all the way up to 300° F and some can handle even hotter temperatures. These pressure washer guns will usually come with a higher price tag, but the payoff is worth it for though who use hot water often.
3. Pressure Washer Gun Kits
As I’m sure you are already aware, pressure washer guns are compatible with all sorts of extensions, including the very famous quick-connect nozzles. This additional gear is incredibly helpful for tackling different tasks, though problems do start to appear when you start to lose parts such as a nozzle tip. These nozzle tips are small and easily get lost, much easier than you think.. I’ve been told off a few times as my wife finds one in the washing machine. Also you need to be aware that some nozzles won’t be compatible with a new pressure washer gun.
If you’ve lost some or all of your old quick-connect nozzles or you are worried that they just won’t fit the new wand. Then you can purchase a pressure washer gun set, and use your pressure washer like it’s brand new. These sets usually include the following.
- The trigger gun which is capable of supporting the nozzle tips
- A set of quick connect nozzle tips – You’ll find the most commonly included is color-coded with each color corresponding to it’s spray angle. A standard set includes 0°,15°,25° or 30°, and a 45° nozzle. Anything more than this is a nice bonus.
- A spray lance or wand – if the trigger gun doesn’t come with an integrated wand already, these sets give you the option to extend your pressure washer gun.
Pressure Washer Buying Guide
Now that we’ve covered the basics about pressure washer guns. It’s time to look into the finer details, the details that you should keep in mind when you are looking for a trigger gun for your pressure washer. I really encourage you to use this knowledge and create a check-list of features that you want from your brand new pressure washer guns. There is no perfect model, but there will be one that meets most of your checklist. So here’s what you should consider before you purchase.
1. Quick Connect
The first feature that I look for in any new pressure washer gun is the connectors. You’ll find that couplers, valves and quick-connect connections are very common, but you should always double-check the connection type.
There are two types of connectors out there these fall into two sizes. 1/4 and 3/8 of an inch. These are standard and should match any high-pressure hose out there. However, some pressure washers do not come with a matching water intake quick connect. If you find yourself in this situation, you can either look for an adapter or find a model that fits.
Thankfully, the vast majority of pressure washer guns come with several adapters for the water intake connections. Though I suggest using some Teflon tape to secure the extension and the high-pressure hose.
2. Wand Length
Whether you decide to get a pressure washer gun that comes with a wand (also known as a lance) is up to you, or rather, the choice will depend on your washing habits. To put things into perspective, if you like to use foam cannons often then a 40″ extended pressure washer lance won’t do your any good, because the foam cannon also adds length. In this case, I suggest going for a pressure washer gun that has a short lance or even no lance at all. You can always attach an extension lance if you need, though these can be flimsy sometimes, it’s down to the material it’s made from.
If however, you aren’t someone who often uses foam cannons and prefers a strong and stable lance, then a longer and thicker wand will give you the ability to grip it with both hands, which results in better overall control. If the long wand is integrated into the trigger wand, you sacrifice versatility for stability because usually, this lance isn’t removable.
3. Hot or Cold Washing
Pressure washers come in all shapes and sizes to match the wide variety of different washing habits that people have. So before you make your final decision over what pressure washer gun you want to get as a replacement or even an upgrade, you have to take into consideration the temperature. Pressure washers that deal with hot water, are quite different from a cold-water pressure washer and thats thanks to the heating system.
Because of this a pressure washer gun not only has to be strong enough to withstand the pressure, but also the heat. If you like to apply some extra degrees or temperature for that additional cleaning power, you need to double check the temperature rating on your pressure washer gun. Every tigger gun out there can use cold-water, but there’s a select few which are designed to support hot water pressure washing. Make sure to check the gun models specs and compare them to the heat that your pressure washer will operate at.
If you happen to purchase a gun model that can’t support hot washing, don’t worry, you can still use it, but only on the cold-water only setting. Many have tried to use a non-hot-water pressure washer gun with hot water and everytime they fail, so make sure to double-check the heat rating and you’ll be all set.
4. PSI and GPM Rating
Ok, first things first, I need to set the story straight. If a pressure washer gun says that it’s a 4,000 PSI gun, that doesn’t mean that it needs or produces that kind of pressure. Instead that 4000 PSI rating tells you the maximum operating pressure that this gun has been designed to withstand. There’s the other side of the coin as well and that’s that minimum amount of pressure needed.
The minimum and maximum PSI (and in some cases the GPM) rating should match the rating of your pressure washer. For example, if your gun is used with pressures or up to 3,000 or even 4,000 PSI then using this gun with a strong pressure washer is a no go, the pressure washer will break the gun as these strong pressure washers are usually only 4000 PSI. You washers gun range must match or include the range of you washer, others you will experience trouble including damage.
By including the range what I mean is, if you pressure washer can work at 1800 PSI up to 2800 PSI, then you need a gun that can work those ranges too. But you don’t need a gun to match those ranges. So while a gun could have a range of 1800 PSI minimum to a 2800 PSI maximum, it could also have 800 PSI minimum and 4000 PSI maximum, that would still work for you as 1800-2800 PSI sits within 800-4000 PSI.
While these days pressure washer guns are made of durable materials, typically being brass, this doesn’t mean that you can use every gun with any washer, take a minute or two and compare the pressure ratings, I advocate safety first and this is will within the safety area and speaking of safety…
5. Safety Features
Pressure washer guns are actually really simple gadgets, but the technology behind them must be spot on for safe and sound operation. Due to their simple design, there isn’t much scope to stack up a raft of safety features into the small body of the trigger gun. But here’s a list of the most popular safety features that you’ll find on a pressure washer gun:
- The grip – As these trigger wands are dealing with massive amounts of pressure, some manufacturers have decided to put additional gripping materials onto the gunds handle. Usually this is a water-resistant rubber to ensure that you have a firm grip.
- The safety mechanism – Like a real gun, a pressure washer gun will usually have a safety locking mechanism as well. This is a great feature which makes sure that no one gets hurt while you’re in the middle of your spring clean up.
- Swiveling quick connectors – If you tend to move around while you clean and well who doesn’t? the high-pressure hose can easily get tangled, which is annoying and costs time, worse case you may find yourself short on hose due to the tangles, this may mean you spray in the wrong place… If your pressure washer gun has a rotating or swiveling connector, the chances of your hose getting tangled are drastically reduced.
Two Main Styles of Replacement Guns
There are two types of replacement spray gun which you can purchase.
- Full kits – These include the spray gun, the spray lance, the nozzle tips, connections, and sometimes even a high-pressure hose.
- Just the spray or trigger gun, this doesn’t include the extras such as the lance, nozzles or connections, you just get the gun.
The most common part to break on your spray/trigger gun is the trigger gun assembly part itself, so you may need to replace just that alone.
It may be easier to just buy the full kit, to remove any doubt about connections and fittings.
Who needs a pressure washer gun?
If you own or use a pressure washer gun often, you are going to need a new pressure gun at some point. Regardless of how strong your pressure washer gun is. Entropy will get to it eventually, or rather, wear and tear will win. You trigger gun is dealing with huge amounts of water under high pressures so it is going to fail at some point.
This is why I find it’s always best to keep a spare gun lying around. There are other reasons to buy a pressure washer gun even though the one you have may still work.
Due to how available these things are, and also based on their budget, it’s quite common for people to use multiple pressure washer guns on the same washer. The reason for this is down to shape and accessibility. Owners of versatile models (like commercial pressure washers) have the ability to utilize different settings and PSI ratings. These people also make sure to fit only pressure washer guns that fit their certain pressure ranges.
To make that a little bit more clear, when you deal with the lower pressure ranges, you might want to get a pressure washer gun that is shorter, this makes it easier to hold. Trust me, the helps a lot. The longer the gun the more strain your arms and hands get trying to keep hold of it and keep it elevated. Plus it’s easier to control the direct and direction with shorter pressure washer guns.
But as the pressure increases you’ll want to swap control with ease. Higher pressures, demand a firmer grip, or a model that features a firmer trigger. You want to pick one which suits your pressure washer needs and experience.
Are Replacement Guns Universal, or Do I Need the Same Brand as My Pressure Washer?
With the availability of threaded and quick-connect connection fittings, you can make any spray gun 100% universal. You don’t need to purchase a replacement or upgrade spray gun; that’s the same brand as your pressure washer.
Just note, that if it breaks within the warranty people, it’s an easy part for your manufacturer to replace.
What’s the Difference: Industrial Spray Gun vs. Residential Medium-duty?
Industrial spray guns are designed to work perfectly with the specifications of industrial power machines. Hot water capable power washers, high flow rate, and high pressures that the best gas pressure washers produce work perfectly well with industrial trigger guns, but can break the residential spray gun models, as these aren’t designed for the high specs.
Also, the higher specs of the industrial guns will cost more, as they are made with higher quality valves and material components
Typical Industrial Spray Gun Specs
You’ll see one of the most popular trigger guns on this list, it’s the Suttner St-2700 which is made with stainless steel components.
Here are its specs:
- Water Flow: 12 GPM
- Pressure: 5000 PSI
- Temperature: 300 F (149 C)
- Inlet Size: 3/8″ FPT
- Outlet Size: 1/4″ FPT
- Weight: 1.24 lbs (562 g)
Typical Residential Spray Gun Specs
These are the specs from another popular spray gun on my list, though this one is squarely sat in the residential market. It’s the Apache 99023802.
Here are its specs:
- Flow: 7 GPM
- Pressure: 4000 PSI
- Temperature: 140 F (60 C)
You might be surprised to know that you can use an industrial trigger gun with a residential electric pressure washer. I’ve upgraded my residential pressure washer with a trigger gun from a commercial-duty pressure washer if you are wondering, I own the Suttner St-2700 202700600.
FAQ About Pressure Washer Guns
1. What is the difference between a pressure washer lance, gun, trigger gun, and a wand?
This can be rather confusing, but all of those terms mean the same thing, with some minor differences. A pressure washer gun and trigger gun are basically the same. But on the other hand, a wand and a lance, which are usually used interchangeably to represent a standard pressure washer gun, actually have a small difference. A lance or wand is used when a pressure washer gun has an integrated longer output nozzle.
So the to long didn’t read (TLDR) – A pressure washer gun and trigger gun are the same, a lance or rather wand, can be used to represent a pressure washer gun which has an integrated longer nozzle.
2. How do I know if I need a new pressure washer gun?
If you have found this guide because you are looking to find a replacement for your current pressure washer gun, then i’ve got you covered. Early signs of a worn-out pressure washer gun can be somewhat difficult to spot, especially if you are a new user. But a quick inspection of you fun and you’ll know very quickly if it’s fault or not, so here’s a few tips.
- Leaking – If you find any leaks coming from the quick connector or the output. Leaking is never welcome because it reduces the performance of your pressure washer. If leaks occur, the engine (or motor) won’t be able to produce the PSI and GPM ratings because it’s losing pressure, and as such it’ll be more difficult to remove dirt.
- Drop-in performance – If you pressure washer pressure gauges (not featured on all pressure washers) start to show pressure drops, the source of the problem would well be a faulty pressure washer gun.
- The connectors fail – This is perhaps one of the most dangerous signs that something is wrong. This is where the gun randomly disconnects from the high-pressure hose. If something like this happens make sure to stop the washing session immediately and start looking for a replacement pressure washer gun and also a replacement pressure washer hose. That may seem a bit overkill, but a disconnect means that one or both of the connectors now have a fault, and the disconnect may have caused damage to both.
3. Can I use a pressure washer gun with hot water?
I’ve covers this subject in the sections above, but as this question is so common, I felt it made sense to clarify it again. The answer is is that it entirely depends on the pressure washer gun itself. Some trigger guns have been designed to operate with hot water and others only cold water. Every model that can withstand hot water can be used with cold water, but do remember that the opposite doesn’t apply, if a trigger wand is designed for cold-water use, then that’s all it’s designed for.
Make sure to check the specs of your trigger gun and see what it’s heat threshold is. A typical gun will be able to handle up to 140° F.
4. Do I need the pressure washer gun from the same manufacturer that made my pressure washer?
This may seems like the most logical thing to do, but in all honestly it’s not always the smartest choice. Pressure washers deal with dangerous levels of pressure, so the main thing that you should be absolutely certain about is the connectors. If they match between the hose and gun then you will have a secure connection. There are several standards when it comes to connectors but most guns will fit either a 3/8 or 1/4 inch connector.
There are a wide variety of pressure washer gun adapters and yours may include some, so remember to check that before you give up on a model just because it’s basic connector doesn’t fit.
5. Can I use my pressure washer without a pressure washer gun?
If your pressure washer gun has unfortunately failed or started slacking so you are getting leaks. Then you shouldn’t use it anymore. Now you may think that it makes sense to just use the pressure washer hose on it’s own while a replacement comes in. But please never do that! Pressurized water is no joke and it will cause serious injuries. A simple high-pressure hose is not enough to contain the pressure and certainly not enough to control it’s direction. This is why there are pressure washer guns.
Best Pressure Washer Gun Comparison Table
|Maximum PSI||GPM||Max Temperature||Additional Gear|
|Apache 99023802 4000 PSI Pressure Washer Gun Kit||3.05||10.8 x 23 x 1.8||4000||7||195f||Wand and 5 Nozzles|
|1.05||6.69 x 5.91 x 1.18||3000||5.3||140f||5 Nozzles|
|Apache 99023801 2600 PSI Pressure Washer Gun & Variable Wand Kit||2.5||10.8 x 23 x 1.8||2600||5.3||195f||Wand, Hose, adapters for Gas/Electric|
|AR Blue Clean PW909100K Universal Electric Power Washer Replacement Kit||4.7||4.5 x 17.5 x 10.5||1800||1.51||300f||Wand, Hose, Foam cannon, Turbo Nozzle, standard Nozzle|
|Sooprinse High-Pressure Washer Gun 3000 PSI||10.4||6.5 x 6.8 x 2||3000||7||140f||5 Nozzles|
|Tool Daily Short Pressure Washer Gun with M22 Thread 4000 PSI||1.7||15.47 x 7.44 x 2.12||4000||3.96||140f||5 Nozzles|
|Washer Pro Pressure Washer Gun Accessories Kit||4||23 x 8 x 2.5||4000||3||212f||Extension Wand and 7 Nozzles|
|Suttner St-2700 5000psi 12gpm 202700600||2||23 x 8 x 2.5||5000||12||300f||N/A|
|RIDGE WASHER Pressure Washer Gun||3.19||18 x 6 x 2.5||4000||5.3||212f||Wand and 5 Nozzles|
|Suttner 203600600 ST-3600 Industrial High Pressure Spray Gun||2.58||0.5 x 39 x 0.25||8700||21||300f||N/A|
|M MINGLE Replacement Pressure Washer Gun||2.99||15 x 2 x 3||4000||8||140f||Extension Wand and 5 Nozzles|
|Briggs & Stratton Pressure Washer Gun Up to 3000 PSI 204627GS||1.2||22.88 x 8 x 2||3000||5||140f||N/A|
|Onepack 3000 PSI Pressure Washer Gun Power Washer Spray Gun Kit||4.69||22 x 7.9 x 2.3||3000||5.3||140f||Hose, Wand, and 5 Nozzles|
|STYDDI Pressure Washer Trigger Spray Gun Kit||3.06||16.54 x 7.4 x 2.56||4000||4||3000f||Extension Wand and 5 Nozzles|
|Atmozon Long Pressure Washer Spray Gun||2.49||17 x 7.48 x 2.35||4000||5.3||300f||Extension Wand|
|YAMATIC 5000 PSI High-Pressure Washer Trigger Spray Gun||1.75||7.87 x 7.87 x 1.57||5000||10.5||210f||N/A|
There we go, that’s everything that you could possibly want to know about the best pressure washer gun models on the market. I was shocked at how many people completely gave up on pressure washer just because their gun had malfunctioned. Hopefully you now know that the solution is just to replace it and it’s a very affordable solution.
If you are looking for an upgrade for your pressure washer which will have the most impact then purchasing one of the top-rated guns from my pressure washer gun reviews is going to be it.
It’s an upgrade that’s often not thought about, but for me, this changed my entire pressure washing experience.
Thank you for taking the time to read my detailed guide, I hope that I’ve managed to shed some light on this for you, and hopefully making your pressure washing much more efficient and fun again. If you have any questions or feel that I should add something the please let me know in the comment section below.
Last update on 2022-10-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API