Best Rated Pressure Washers For Home Use
Pressure washers are definitely useful tools to have around your home. Instead of water buckets, brushes, mops, and more, all you need is one handy tool. These things can be used for boats, cars, outdoor walls, driveways, patios, gates, fences, and much more.
Cleaning any and all of those things is made much easier when you have a high powered and reliable pressure washer on your side. Of course, the tricky part here is finding the right pressure washer for home use for you, which is why we are here today.
Let’s talk about pressure washers for home and go through some of the top rate models out there.
- 1 Considerations To Make Before Buying A Pressure Washer For Home
- 2 The Best Pressure Washers For Home Use
- 3 Bosch AQT 33-11 High-pressure washer 110Bar 1300W AQT 33-11 220V Review
- 4 Simpson Cleaning MSH3125-S 3200 PSI at 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Powered by HONDA with OEM Technologies Axial Cam Pump Review
- 5 Karcher K5 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer, 2000 PSI, 1.4 GPM Review
- 6 Karcher K4 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer, 1900 PSI, 1.5 GPM Review
- 7 Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer Review
- 8 Karcher K2 Car & Home Kit Electric Power Pressure Washer, 1600 PSI, 1.25 GPM Review
- 9 Conclusion
Considerations To Make Before Buying A Pressure Washer For Home
There are a couple of things that you want to keep in mind, or at least consider, before you go out and spend a few hundred bucks on a big time pressure washer for home.
Let’s just quickly go over some of the most important aspects of any pressure washer.
1. Motor, Pump, & Pressure
Perhaps the most important consideration to make when buying a pressure washer for home use is how powerful the model in question is. You need a good motor, preferably one that is cooled in some way in order to increase its lifespan.
The motor should have at least 1700 watts of power at minimum. Moreover, the pump itself should be able to spit out over 1.25 gallons of water per minute at a minimal pressure rating of around 1600 or 1700 PSI. Some of the models on our list below can go up to 3100 PSI, or as little as 1600.
Ideally, more pressure is best, but even better is a model where you can adjust the pressure.
Different jobs require different amounts of water pressure, so you definitely want to keep this in mind.
Another important consideration to keep in mind is the size of the unit in question.
Generally speaking, the bigger the pressure washer is, the more power it will be able to deliver.
Do keep in mind that increased size can make it harder to transport the unit.
Yet another thing to keep in mind is what accessories and functions the pressure washer in question comes with.
You definitely want a want or nozzle gun that is adjustable for pressure, either through quick turn adjustments or simply by coming with various easy connect nozzles.
Different jobs need different amounts of pressure and different stream sizes, so this is important to consider.
Also, some models come with special pressure brushes for cars or floor cleaners for patios, both of which can be quite useful.
Moreover, having a pressure washer with the capability to add some detergent into the mix is great if you need the washer for jobs where plain water just won’t do.
Also, just keep in mind that the longer the pressure hose is, the easier of time you will have when it comes to cleaning hard to reach areas.
4. Power Source
There are two types of pressure washer power sources, those being gas and electric, each of which is good in their own way.
Gas powered models tend to provide you with more power than electric ones, but they do tend to be much noisier, smell like gas, and require you to have gas on hand.
On the other hand, electric washers are quieter, but they do require you to always be near an electrical outlet. This is really more a matter of personal preference than anything else.
Simply put, you probably want a pressure washer that is fairly small and compact, plus has a handle for pulling and sturdy wheels. This will end up making your life much easier.
6. Brand Name
You do want to consider what brand of pressure washer you get for your home. Just be sure to go with a reputable brand name that has some good reviews.
As you will see from our reviews below, there are many good brand name pressure washers to go with, with one of the best being Karcher.
The Best Pressure Washers For Home Use
Invalid table id.
Now, we have a list of the top 6 pressure washers for home use right here, so let’s talk about all of them in some detail right now.
- Compact design and stable base - easy to carry and quick to store
- Quick-connect SDS fittings, ready to go straight out of the box
- Integrated accessory storage and in-use gun rest for safety and convenience
This is perhaps one of the best pressure washers for home use that you could go with at this point in time.
Besides being extremely durable and quite affordable, it does have a number of great features that we really like. First off, this is a fairly high powered pressure washer that can be used for various purposes such as cleaning external walls, driveways, cars, gates, windows, and patios too.
The Bosch AQT 37-13 Pressure Washer has a 1700 watt motor, which is quite powerful indeed. It can provide you with an adjustable flow rate of up to 370 liters of water per hour with a maximum pressure rating of 130 Bar.
This is more than powerful enough for a wide variety of home uses.
You will also like the fact that this particular pressure washer has a 6 foot long power cord and is actually fairly energy efficient too.
Moreover, The 3 in 1 nozzle can handle a wide variety of jobs with ease. The nozzle can be set to different settings depending on the job at hand, plus it comes with a car washer attachment and patio brush as well.
The different spray modes are one thing, but this model also comes with a high-pressure gun or those really tough jobs. What you will also like is that you can add detergent to this model for those jobs that require a little more than just water.
The easy to connect fittings make this item quick and simple to use, plus easy to clean as well. This model also comes with a water filter to make sure the water you are using for cleaning purposes is as clean as can be.
Between all of the different accessories, the convenient shape with wheels, and the high power it can operate at, the Bosch AQT 37-13 Car and Home Washer is a really good choice to consider.
- Ideal for a variety of jobs
- Lots of water pressure
- Comes with patio, car, and other cleaning accessories
- Fairly long power cord
- Easy to transport – good shape with wheels
- High powered gun with various spray functions
- Lets you add soap
- Pressure hose is a little short
- Cannot be used with hot water
- Does require the need for an electrical outlet
Simpson Cleaning MSH3125-S 3200 PSI at 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Powered by HONDA with OEM Technologies Axial Cam Pump Review
Our Top ChoiceSale Buy for $530.34 $399.00 from Amazon
- GAIN CLEANING POWER IN YOUR HANDS: If you are looking for a powerful pressure washer with minimal investment that will accommodate even the most demanding cleaning needs, then we have got you covered. Meet the SIMPSON MSH3125 gas pressure washer powered by HONDA. At 3200 PSI at 2.5 GPM, this easy to use power washer will eliminate dirt, grime or even mildew from any hard to remove spot or area!
- KINK & ABRASION RESISTANT HOSE: Forget all those messy and easily destroyed water hoses. Invest in our flexible, lightweight, 1/4-Inch x 25-Foot MorFlex high pressure hose. MorFlex hoses are non-marring, kink and abrasion resistant which means this pressure washer hose can withstand some heavy-duty use. The M22 connectors will ensure a secure and safe fit.
- SELECT THE CORRECT NOZZLE TIPS FOR YOUR CLEANING NEEDS: Do not compromise with anything less than perfection when it comes to your gas pressure washer. Now with a gas-powered SIMPSON pressure washer you are the boss of water pressure! Choose among 5 different nozzle tips (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, and soap applicator nozzle) depending on the surface you are cleaning.
If you need a really high powered pressure washer that will clean the dirt off of anything and everything, the Simpson MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer is a prime choice no doubt.
One of the most notable aspects of this model is that it is gas powered, unlike most other home models which are electric. While this does remove the need for an electrical outlet, it does mean that you always need to have fuel on hand.
Although, the clear advantage here is that gas powered pressure washers have a lot more power than electric models.
The Simpson MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer has a very high level of power and can spit out over 2.5 gallons per water every minute.
The pressure rating on this model is 3100 pounds per square inch, which is whole lot of pressure indeed.
This means that this model is ideal for a large variety of purposes, especially those really tough jobs that require a ton of power. The powerful Honda GC190 engine definitely packs a big punch.
Something else that you will like about the Simpson MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer is that it comes with 5 different pressure nozzles for various jobs.
It comes with a 0 degree, 15 degrees, 25 degrees, and 40-degree nozzle, plus another one. The nozzles are of the quick connect variety, making it easy to change nozzles in a few seconds.
While this model may not come with too many special attachments, the various nozzles combined with the high power output of this pressure washer make it ideal for virtually any job put in its path.
Finally, you will also like how the Simpson MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer is specially designed for safety and convenience.
It features 10-inch inflatable tires that are built for rough terrain, plus it has a handle, making it easy to transport.
Moreover, the spray gun has a safety lockout, the frame is made from welded steel and heavy gauge components, and the combustion engine is specially housed to make it as safe as can be.
Durability, safety, and convenience are all great aspects of the Simpson MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer.
- Extreme power – 3100 PSI
- Gas powered – no need for electric outlet
- 5 different easy connect nozzles
- Very safe to use
- Convenient wheels and pulling handles
- No detergent compartment
- Need to have fuel on hand
This is definitely one of the best pressure washers for home out there at this point in time, not to mention that it is one of the best models from Karcher right now as well.
This particular model, the K5 Premium has a 120-volt motor that can make the pump spit out over 1.4 gallons of water per minute with a pressure rating of 2000 pounds per square inch.
That is quite a lot of cleaning power and more than enough juice for even the toughest and dirtiest of jobs.
You will like how the motor is a water-cooled induction motor, which helps to increase the lifespan of this product by up to 5 times. Also, the durable N-COR pump is maintenance free, will not corrode, and is very durable overall.
You will like the adjustable dirt blaster wand that the Karcher K5 Premium Power Pressure Washer comes with.
The wand does allow you to change the angle and pressure of the water jet, but instead of having to change nozzles, you can simply twist the wand head.
Twisting the wand head lets you adjust the pressure in a heartbeat, a big convenience factor no doubt.
To be clear, the variable spray want is the want is the adjustable one, and the dirt blaster is the one with a ton of power no matter what.
The Karcher K5 Premium Power Pressure Washer also comes with an onboard detergent tank for those extra tough jobs. Moreover, this pressure washer has big and tough impact resistant wheels, making the Karcher K5 Premium Power Pressure Washer ideal for transportation.
All in all, you can use the Karcher K5 Premium Power Pressure Washer for virtually any cleaning job around the house.
- Variable spray wand – easily adjustable
- Dirt blaster want
- High powered 2000 PSI pump
- Impact resistant wheels
- 35-foot long power cord
- Water-cooled induction motor
- N-COR pump
- Easy to transport
- 25-foot long high-pressure hose
- No special accessories for cars or patios
- Quite noisy
Karcher definitely makes some really awesome pressure washers, with the K4 being one of the best of all. One of the things that everybody can appreciate about this particular model is that it is built to last for a very long time.
This model gets its power from a water-cooled induction motor, which means that it stays nice and cool, and thus increased its lifespan fivefold when compared to other pressure washers.
A really strong, durable, and long-lasting motor is a big bonus when you spend hundreds of dollars on a pressure washer.
The pump itself is also very long lasting thanks to the N-COR pump which is very durable, maintenance free, and won’t ever corrode.
To get those really hard to clean places, the Karcher K4 also comes with an onboard detergent tank for when some soap is needed in the equation.
This pressure washer is ideal for a variety of uses as it can spit out 1.5 gallons of water every minute with a pressure rating of 1900 PSI.
That is a whole lot of water power for cleaning whatever needs to be washed around the house.
The power washer hose itself is 25 feet long, making it a very convenient option to go with. Moreover, the washer stands up on its own very easily, is stable, and has wheels for easy transportation too.
The wheels are impact resistant and built to traverse some very rough terrain.
Something else that you will like about the Karcher K4 is that it features a highly adjustable wand.
The wand itself lets you adjust the water pressure and the spray type that comes out, letting you make quick adjustments for a wide variety of jobs.
The dirt blaster spray wand included with the Karcher K4 is very high powered and lets you tackle the toughest of jobs in half the time it would take other pressure washers to do the very same job.
- 1900 PSI @ 1.5 gallons per hour
- Easily adjustable wand for pressure
- High powered wand for quick cleaning
- Has a detergent compartment
- Big and tough wheels
- Extremely long lasting motor
- Ideal for a large variety of jobs
- Comes with a very long hose
- Extremely loud
- Cannot accommodate hot water needs
- Requires an electrical outlet
- 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- Powerful 14.5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power and water inlet temperature (max) is 104 degrees Farenheit
- TSS (Total Stop System) - automatically shuts off the pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.Working Pressure:1450 PSI.20 foot high pressure hose
Yet another great pressure washer model for home to go with, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is a very high powered washer that will be able to tackle the toughest of jobs around your home.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 features a very powerful 14.5 amp motor that produces over 1800 watts of energy.
This motor has the ability to cause the pump to spray out over 1.76 gallons of water per minute at 2030 pounds per square inch of pressure. This makes the SPX3000 one of the more powerful pressure washers out there, making it ideal for a wide variety of jobs.
Something that you will like about this model is that it comes with an adjustable pressure hose with 5 different settings. The settings include 0 degrees, 15 degrees, 25 degrees, and 40 degrees, plus an optional soap setting too.
This means that you can adjust the pressure and the width of the water spray depending on the need you have for it. The quick connect tips allow you to easily change from one nozzle to another in the blink of an eye.
This model also allows for a prolonged life thanks to the TSS total stop system that automatically stops water flow as soon as the trigger is not engaged, thus prolonging the lifespan of the Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Washer.
The additional soap setting is convenient for those jobs where water is just not enough. Moreover, the Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer has two separate on board 0.9-liter detergent storage tanks that can hold different kinds of detergent.
The detergent blaster dial allows you to switch between different types of detergent with the switch of the dial. Another thing you will like about this washer is that everything is long, making it convenient.
The hose is 20 feet long, the power cord is 35 feet long, and the whole thing easily attaches to any garden hose.
- Very high powered – 2000+ PSI
- 5 different nozzle attachments – adjustable spray
- Dual detergent canisters – can switch between detergents
- Easily connects to garden hose
- Long pressure hose and long power cord
- Wheels for easy transportation
- TSS for a long lasting pump
- Garden hose connector may leak a little
- Motor gets really hot with prolonged use
This particular Karcher Pressure Washer is the K2, which is just a little bit cheaper than the K4, it also has a little less power.
The Karcher K2 can pump out over 1.25 gallons per minute with a pressure rating of 1600 PSI. While the power of this model is not as high as some of the other ones out there, it is still more than enough for most jobs out there.
This particular model is especially ideal for washing cars, where 1600 PSI is more than enough to get the grime off of your pickup truck.
This model is also fairly tough, seeing as it features an N-COR pump that is corrosion resistance, maintenance, free, and built to last for years to come.
The Karcher K2 comes with a high powered dirt blaster spray want for those really tough to clean jobs.
The wand itself lets you twist at the front to manually adjust the pressure. Simply twist the wand until you get to the pressure level that you need for the job at hand.
It is said that this dirt blaster want can tackle even the toughest of jobs in about half the time it would take other models to complete cleaning.
The hose itself is 20 feet long, which is quite convenient and more than ideal for most jobs that you could need the K2 for around the house.
Something else that you will like about the Karcher K2 Pressure Washer is that it comes with a 5 piece car cleaning kit.
It includes several different nozzle attachments, a car cleaning spray brush, and an attachment that allows you to add soap too. Simply add the detergent in the nozzle canister, and it will mix with the water as you spray.
It actually comes with 2 bottles of detergent right from the get go. The Karcher K2 also features a patio and ground cleaning attachment as well.
Regarding portability, this model is not too heavy or big, plus it has large impact resistant wheels too.
- Comes with a ground cleaner
- Comes with a hose that is adjustable for pressure
- Hose is 20 feet long
- Big impact resistant wheels for transportation
- Dirt blaster nozzle is ideal for tough jobs
- Various brushes and car cleaning accessories
- Detergent friendly siphon hose and canister
- 1900 PSI
- Not quite as powerful as some other models out there
- Requires an electrical outlet nearby
At the end of the day, the best pressure washer for you is the one that has the ideal power, features, and accessories for the jobs you require to be done.
This makes choosing a good pressure washer a fairly subjective thing.
Just keep in mind our comments and suggestions, and you will have no problem finding the right model for you! Cleaning decks, cars, boats, and more has never been so easy.
Last update on 2018-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API