How to Choose the Best Electric Power Washer
Choosing an electric power washer can be a challenging experience when you don’t know what you should be looking for in this kind of machine.
Fortunately, there are a number of different types and models that have been made by manufacturers, and you may need to sift through each product to see if you can find exactly what you are looking for.
With this in mind, here are a few basic tips that can guide you in making the best choice possible, as you shop for the machine that you need.
- Select premium or top manufacturers, or those companies that have great reputations for providing the best performance since the results will be determined by how well this tool does the job
- Look for durable products: In addition to selecting a company that offers great performers, it is also important for you to look for a durable product that will last for a long period of time.
Avoid products that tend to break after one or two power washes.
You can get a lot of information about how well a product performs and stands up by reading customer reviews on online sales sites
- 1 How does a power washer work?
- 2 A quick look at our top pressure washers in the light and medium-duty categories
- 3 Electic vs. Gas Powered
- 4 10 features you must look for in an electric pressure washer
- 5 Warranty
- 6 The Differing ranges of electic pressure cleaning that are on offer
- 7 The best and Most-trusted Brands
- 8 Where should you buy your Electric Pressure Washer?
- 9 The best electric pressure at each cleaning power range
- 10 3 Of The Most Affordable Light-duty Electric Options To Get You Started With Pressure Washing
- 11 Annovi Reverberi AR112S AR Blue Clean 1, 500 psi Electric Pressure Washer, Nozzles, Spray Gun, Wand, Detergent Bottle & Hose Review
- 12 Greenworks 1500 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer GPW1501 Review
- 13 Sun Joe SPX1000 1450 PSI 1.45 GPM 11.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer Review
- 14 The 3 Best Medium-duty Electric Pressure Washer Options Truly the best option for the residential owner
- 15 AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer, Nozzles, Spray Gun, Wand, Detergent Bottle & Hose Review
- 16 Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5 AMP Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel, Green Review
- 17 Karcher K5 Premium Electric Power Pressure Washer, 2000 PSI, 1.4 GPM Review
- 18 High Performance – The Best Heavy-duty Electric For People Who Only Want The Best you can buy.
- 19 Pressure Pro E4040HC Heavy Duty Professional 4,000 PSI 4.0 GPM Honda Gas Powered Pressure Washer With CAT Pump Review
- 20 If you want some other options, here are some of our other tops picks.
- 21 Ivation Electric Pressure Washer 2200 PSI 1.8 GPM with Power Hose Nozzle Gun and Turbo Wand, All Parts Included, W/Built in Soap Dispenser Review
- 22 AR Blue Clean AR390SS 2000 psi Electric Pressure Washer with Spray Gun, Wand, 30' Hose & 35' Power Cord, Blue Review
- 23 Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer Review
- 24 Stanley SLP2050 2-in-1 Electric Pressure Washer Mobile Cart or Detach Portable Use with Detergent Tank, Medium/2050 psi, Yellow Review
- 25 Final verdict
How does a power washer work?
How do these pressure washers work and how should they be designed?
First of all, it is important to note that each pressure washer has several different features provided including a pump that is powered by either electricity or gas.
So, the amount of power required can vary based on the design and makeup because every power washer should have at least 2 pressure points that control how much cleaning power is given: the low pressure and high-pressure points.
When you are looking at specifications, you will see two formal measurements, which consist of GPM (gallons per minute) and PSI (pounds per square inch).
Understanding GPM and PSI is essential because some projects will require more water and more pressure for them to be done proficiently.
So, if you are looking to handle big projects on a regular basis, you may find that a unit that can reach as high as 2,000-3,000 PSI and up to 2.8 GPM will be more suitable for your needs.
However, the range that most people need and prefer is around the middle level instead of these higher levels.
A quick look at our top pressure washers in the light and medium-duty categories
Electic vs. Gas Powered
When it comes to pressure washers, a gas power washer will make quick work of the larger jobs as they have much more cleaning power.
You can still use an electric pressure washer to do all the jobs of a gas pressure washer – it’ll just take longer.
When it comes to choosing between a gas and electric power washer, it really comes down to how often you will use your pressure washer.
Will you use it every weekend?
Then a gas cleaner is probably best, however if you use your pressure cleaner once a month or less? Then an electric pressure washer will be more ideal.
So what is cleaning power?
So I mentioned in cleaning power above, Cleaning power is the result of GPM and PSI, the higher the PSI the more water pressure the machine produces to force dirt and grime from the surface, the higher the GPM the more water flow per minute the machine has to flush the first and grim away.
Pros and cons of a gas powered pressure cleaner
Gas pressure washers carry their own supply of energy, this is in the form of gasoline, because of this they are incredibly portable as they do not require an electrical outlet to be nearby.
There are downsides to gas power washers, and that downside is that they are louder than an electric pressure washer, they will require gasoline fill-ups, and they can’t be safelty used indoors.
They also require more maintenance than an electric pressure washer.
Electric Powered pressure washer pros and cons
If you want a more affordable pressure washer then an electric pressure washer is the way to go, they can do all the jobs of a gas pressure washer yet they’ll take more more time.
An electric pressure washer is ideal for cleaning your drivway and back deck.
They’ll make short work of those seasonal jobs such as cleaning your gutters and patio furniture.
They’re also very good for regular cleaning jobs like washing your car and any other vehicle as well as lawn equipment.
While an electric pressure washer can do thse jobs, it will take much longer to do them than a gas powered cleaner.
This is because an electric pressure washer has less cleaning power.
Your electric pressure washer will be equieter than a gas powered cleaner, and will require nearly zero maintenance.
How to decided between them?
Well here’s the gist:
Get a gas powered cleaner if you intend to be using your pressure washer each weekend then i highly advise your get a gas pressure washer as it will save you loads of time in the long run.
If you only intend to do small jobs frequently like washing your car, but larger jobs infrequently like once or twice a year then I advise your get an electric pressure washer.
10 features you must look for in an electric pressure washer
- Does it come with extra nozzles? You will need different nozzles for cleaning different surfaces without causing damage.
Make sure you only purchase the ones that aren’t included with your pressure washer, you can see the industry standard color codes for the different nozzle tips below
- How much do electric cleaners weigh? Most electric pressure cleaners will weigh somewhere between 15 and 35 pounds.
You want to make sure that the heavier machines come with wheels for easy manoeuvrability.
- Does the presure washer come with a detergent system? A system for adding detergent after the pump is incredibly handy to have.
It gives you the option to use chemicals to make your cleaning more effective, making easy work of your vehicle or driveway.
- What type of couplings does the cleaner come with? A lot of pressure washers come with plastic coupling connectors, these connectors come with a lot of complaints as they don’t offer the same resilience and often break or leaks.
I highly recommend you invest in brass couplings to replace any plastic ones that have come as stock.
- Is the wand plastic or stainless steel? While a plastic wand is fine, a stainless-steal wand is more durable.
- What is the hose and electical cord length? Most units will come with a 20-foot hose and around a 30-foot elecrical cord.
If the unit comes with anything less I would suggest moving on.
- Does it come with a hose reel? Now this is a personal preference thing.
It’s one of those love it or hate it features, some people hate the hose rool because they think the hose will kink and the reel is cumbersome to use.
Others however will like it.It’s entirely up to you and your personal preference.
- Does it come with wheels? If your machine is over 20 pounds then you want to be looking for ones that come with wheels, if it doesn’t I would be very wary.
- On board storage for nozzles etc? This isn’t a must have but a very nice feature.
- What sort of cleaning power PSI/GPM do you need? When it comes to an electric pressure washer you are limited entirely by the price, if you are willing to pay more then you’ll get higher PSI/GPM.
you can spend thousands to get heavy-duty electric pressure cleaners which will produce high GPM and PSI, or you can spend a few hundred and get a medium-duty and even less for a light-duty pressure cleaner.
Each brand will have their own offers when it comes to the warranties of their power washers, here’s a list of the top brands offerings.
Please note that when a company mentions a limited warranty this means that they will cover substantial defects against the material and workmanship which occur within the warranty period.
what does “defect against material and workmanship” mean?
If you use your pressure was in compliance with the user manuals instructions but the pump or motor fails within the warrant period then the manufacturer will fix or replace the whole unit.
IF any of the structural components fails like a handle, button or frame, it will be fixed as long as you haven’t for example run over it with your car or dropped it.
90 days warranty
All companies tend to offer coverage for normal wear of items such as hoses, seals, o-rings, valves, lances and nozzles against any defect which is the result of material and workmanship for 90 days.
1-year Limited Warranty
The following brands offer a 1-year warranty on items such as the pump and motor.
- AR Blue Clean
- Campbell Hausfeld
Make sure that you read the manual as it will detail what voids the warranties of these items.
2-Year Limited Warranty (with possible extension for a fee)
- Sun Joe.
Sun joe is the only brand that offers a 2 year limited warranty out of the box.
This is a fantastic piece of mind and also shows their confidence in their products.
There is also the option to purchase another years extended warranty for a small fee, but this must be done within 90 days of purchase.
Warranty Fine Print
If you’ve purchased your pressure washer and decide to rent out or to use it for industrial or commerial purchases (please see the manual for intedned use) the warranty will usually only be valid for 90 days.
The Differing ranges of electic pressure cleaning that are on offer
Light-Duty (Up to 1700 PSI)
- Fantastic for the small jobs around the house
- Light and affordable
- Very limited power, so cleaning jobs may be limited and will take longer than a more powerful unit
Medium-Duty (1700 PSI – 2800 PSI)
- The most popular range for residential pressure washing
- Fantastic for cleaning your front stairs, back deck and decking in general, patio furniture, vehicles such as cars, driveways etc.
- Amazing value for money, you can pick these up for a few hundred dollars, but you can pay much more.
Heavy- Duty (2800 PSI+)
- When you reach into the PSI ranges above 2,100 PSI and 1.8GPM the price begins to sky rocket, you can easily pay over a thousand dollars for a heavy-duty electric pressure cleaner.So unless you are a contractor, or purchasing for a warehouse/factory then you’ll most likely be better off purchasing a gas powered pressure washer if you want a heavy-duty cleaner.
- The main advantage for choose a heavy-duty electic power washer, is that your workers won’t have to refil the gas take with fuel several times a day.
So what is the most powerful electric pressure washer that you can buy?
The cleaning power of a pressure washer is defined by the following calculation
Cleaning power units (CUs) = PSI x GPM
For example a normal residential medium-duty pressure washer is: 1900 PSI x 1.7GPM = 3,230 CUs
The most powerful electrical pressure washer has 240,000 CUs… that’s some cleaning power units.
So how muh is it?
Well the price isn’t listed, to get a price on a machine like this you’ll need to get in contact with the sales department, once you’ve confirmed the purchase with a purchase order (aka contract) you’ll need to wait a few months for the manufacturer to manufacture the unit.
I don’t expect you’ll personally be buying one, but I can say you’ll be looking to send somewhere in the region of high 5-figures to low 6-figures depending on options and add-ons.
The best and Most-trusted Brands
Karcher is one of the oldest pressure washer brands, they are one of the longest lasting pressure washer companies in the world and for a reason.
They’ve constantly innovate and improve upon their products.
Karcher offer both gas and electric options. In their electric power washer section they have units ranging from light-duty up to 5,000 PSI and 5 GPM electric “Super Class” Pressure cleaners.
They really offer it all.
AR Blue Clean
AR Blue Clean is a well known brand for pressure cleaners, this brand was create by another well known brand, this one in the pump department.
It was created by the Italian pump company, Annovi Reverbery. They offer Medium and light-duty units at an affordable price to consumers.
The reason AR Blue Clean are popular and well known is because they match the affordability of their units with durability and reliability.
This comes thanks to the fact that their pumps are well-built and designed.
Greenworks is a subsidiary of Globe Tools Co. Specialising in lawn and garden equipment.
Greenwork units are manufactured in China, but don’t let that put you off, the manufacture of these units come with enormous attention to detail and the quality control on the assembly line is rigorous.
Greenworks only offer electric power equipment, their offerings range from lithium-ion battery powered lawn mowers to a range of electric pressure washers.
Sun joe has rocketed up the popularity ladder for great reason, they make fantastic electric pressure washers, they originally came into existance when they started making a $100 snow thrower, they now offer 20 products in the lawn and garden sector.
Ryobi is one of the many brands which are owned by the TTi group, this group owns brands such as Hoover, Dirt Devil, Milwaukee and Homelite among others.
Ryobi has both gas and electric pressure washers which they’ve kept in the residential-use sector, people love them because they work well and they are value for money.
Campbell Hausfeld is quite a large companiy which is owned by the very well known Berkshire Hathaway company.
This company isn’t limited to just power cleaners, instead they offer a wide range of power tools and are especially well known for their compressors.
Their range of pressure cleaners includes 4+ electric pressure washers and 5+ gas power washers.
Pressure-pro is a fairly small company based out of South Florida.
This is a brand that’s very well known within the American Pressure washing contractor community due to the custom built skids and trailers they they offer.
Pressure-pro tends to stick to the professional market and do the odd private label deal on the side to increase their profit margin.
Speaking to contractors, Pressure-pro has unmatched quality.
Where should you buy your Electric Pressure Washer?
There are various outlets online and you can always visiting you local home depot, but for me I find purchasing from Amazon the most convient.
For your convienience I’ve put together a small ranging of places to purchase a pressure washer, this ranking is based on the following criteria: Product Selection, Customer Service, Price which includes how often deals are offered, Shipping/location proximity, Return policy and the ease of return.
Amazon in our opinion is the best place to buy a pressure washer, this is thanks to their fantastic selection of pressure washers, they have the fastest shipping which is often free, and they almost always have the best price on offer, plus you can order in seconds from your own home.
#2 Home Depot
Home Depot does offer an online store, but their selection is much smaller than that offered by Amazon.
If you are the type of person who wants to see a pressure cleaner before purchasing, really get a good feel of the machine, then Home Depot is the best bet.
They offer a range of electric power washer brands: Karcher, Sun Joe, AR Blue Clean, Ryobi, Briggs & Stratton, Stanley, Greenworks, Campbell Hausfeld and more.
Lowes in our list competes directly with Home Depot, they have the second best shopping experience but lost out to Home Depot because they have less stores overall.
Lowes offers the following pressure washer brands: Greenworks, Sun Joe, AR Blue Clean and Karcher.
This is an online store with specializes in selling pressure washers, they offer a fantastic selection at some very good prices, however we had to rank them in fourth because although their selection is better than that of Home Depot and Lowes, they are online only and they cannot compete with Amazon for deals and fast shipping.
They are however a great option
Not much to say about this one, they are a good option, just not as good as the ones above, Sears offers the following brands: Karcher, Craftsman, Sun Joe, AR Blue Clean and Kranzle.
CostCo isn’t about to compete the the options above because they don’t offer pressure washers year-round. They usually have seasonal sales.
These sales can be amazing with people picking up pressure washers for less than a hundred dollars, though those may be rare, their offerings are still very good on average when they do offer power cleaners.
The best electric pressure at each cleaning power range
To make your like easy, we’ve put together a list of the best pressure washers within the light, medium and heavy duty categories.
We’ve done out best to make the choice easier for you.
3 Of The Most Affordable Light-duty Electric Options To Get You Started With Pressure Washing
The AR Blue Clean AR112s Light Duty Electric presher washer, is on of the most affordable electric pressure cleaners that you can on the market that you can buy.
It’s a fantastic entry level pressure washer, made by AR North America, it features light-duty power and a very affordable price.
If you are looking to pressure wash your patio furniture and car every so often, then this is a fantastic choice.
- Easy to assemble
- Very handy and portable, so you can take it wherever you need with ease
- Long electrical cord
- Easy to use
- Adjustable spray pattern offering differnt forces and angles to cover all your cleaning needs
- Constant pressure outputs
- Incredibly low maintenance
- Comes with 4 quick connect nozzles (25-degree, 0-degree, turbo nozzle and a low pressure soap nozzle)
- Can produce a burnt smell
- Plastic hose connector (invest in a brass one)
- The soap dispenser is on the small side
This is a fantastic entry level model which would be at home in any household, don’t let the burnt smell put you off.
The Greenworks GPW1501 is another fantastic light-duty pressure washer, this is another machine that’s perfect for light work and for someone who’s looking for a starter machine for pressure cleaning around your house.
It won’t clean you driveway very effeciently, but it will make quick work of washing your car a breeze if you’ve been doing it by hand.
This power washer comes with a built in soap dispenser, so the next time you clean you car, all you need to do is to fill up the soap bottle, plug in this pressure washer and pull the trigger, your car will be clean in no time.
- Manufacturers have designed this pressure washer with 1,500 PSI at 1.2 GPM.
This means that it can blast through grime and dirt that has been left back on a variety of different surfaces.
In fact, based on the power used, it can also restore these surfaces back to looking new
- For greater stability during its use, you can guide it in more than one direction; it can be used in cleaning up items both vertically and horizontally
- You can use this pressure washer for various cleaning applications, specifically because it Includes a 25° and 40° quick-connect tip
- To provide you with greater potential for reaching difficult places, it has a 20’ high-pressure hose
- Comes with a 35’ power cord that has been designed with an inline GFCI so that it can be used with all exterior outlets
- Extremely affordable
- Powerful engine and impressive 1500 PSI pressure output and flow rate of 1.2 GPM
- Flexible vertical or horizontal application for increased stability
- Extended use with its 35’ length high-pressure hose so you can cover distant areas
- Easy-to-adjust nozzle for a variety of cleaning applications
- Lightweight and portable construction, easy to carry around
- Built-in soap tank for easy detergent application
- Quite loud
- Hose connector can leak
The GPW1501 Electric pressure washer is an incredibly reliable meaning it will tackle all of your cleaning needs.
With it’s range of nozzles and consistent output you won’t find a job you can’t do.
Overall, most people say that this pressure washer is an excellent buy.
It lives up to the manufacturers’ claims because it is very effective in thoroughly cleaning all kinds of different items around the home including patios, decks, vehicles and other projects that require deep-cleaning.
The final option in our breakdown for light-duty pressure cleaners, now don’t let that fool you this is an amazing starter machine.
Sun Joe has emerged onto the residential pressure cleaner market offering a great range of machines for home use.
It’s for this reason that Sun Joe machines are popular, they offer fantastic value for money and are sold on Amazon and other big-box retailers.
Sun Joe is owned by the Snow Joe brand – see a pattern there? – who originally were created to sell the most affordable electric snowblowers on the market, they’ve since branched out to a wide-range of outdoor tools and equipment.
It’s light-weight but offers fantastic power, you’ll make quick work of cleaning your car and garden furniture.
- Although a small unit it comes with a powerful 1450PSI motor which deliveres 1.45GPM flow of water.
- Total Stop System – when you leave the power washer on for a period of time but aren’t using it, it’ll turn itself off.
- Convenient Spray gun and range of nozzles
- The hose is a bit lacking in length meaning you are forced to move the pressure cleaner often.
A fantastic power cleaner developed by Sun Joe, you won’t find it limited when doing typical jobs around the house.
The 3 Best Medium-duty Electric Pressure Washer Options Truly the best option for the residential owner
AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer, Nozzles, Spray Gun, Wand, Detergent Bottle & Hose Review
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Make quick cleaning jobs of decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, 2 different pressure washer wands, 20 foot high pressure hose, 14 oz. detergent bottle and 2 high pressure quick change wands with pressure washer turbo and variable nozzles. Hose diameter: 0.25 inch
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
The AR Clean AR383 1900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer is said to be ideal for a number of different reasons.
The power provided is great for handling small and big jobs around the home with a significant amount of ease.
Possibly the best Medium-duty pressure washer on the market.
It’s becoming an common theme on this site and many others to see this pressure washer recommended, it’s not a surprise that this pressure cleaner is so often recommended, AR Blue Clean really hit that “sweet-spot” in most peoples needs while also providing a machine at an incredible price range, while still being powerful enough to be a home-use pressure washer.
This pressure washer will have no problems tackling the most common jobs around your home, like pressure cleaning your back deck, driveways, patios, front walkways, stairs and vehicles.
As you’ll see in our cons list below we do have a gripe the plastic garden hose connector, I highly recommend that if you purchase this pressure washer you spring for a brass garden hose quick connect kit.
With quite a few added accessories, you usually have everything that is needed to do a good job.
- Made to support a variety of different outdoor cleaning jobs.
Made for quick cleaning jobs, specifically in taking care of decks, patios, siding, trucks, cars, driveways, RVs, ATVs and more
- Attachments needed are included with the product: washer gun; 2 different types of pressure washer wands that provide great flexibility in performance; 20’ high-pressure hoses for small and big jobs; 14 oz. detergent bottle; 2 high-pressure wands with turbo functioning power, along with quick changing variable nozzles
- Made with environmental friendliness in mind since it has been designed to conserve water (i.e. 80% less water with 40% more power than the standard model garden hose
- Much quieter than gas-pressure models
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with an owner’s manual and great customer support
- The unit is lightweight and easy to move
- Comes with a variety of different attachments that are designed to tackle virtually any job around the home
- Adjustable spray tip that comes with a wide-angle wand
- Excellent pressure washer that has plenty of power
- Nice and quiet
- One of the best pressure washers for the money
- Plastic hose adapter leaks water at mid-point where the 2 washers meet. Leaking can be so that bad that it renders it unusable
- Made from a stiff plastic that gets tangled very easily, which means it can be difficult to move around
- Trying to get the hose on and off can be very difficult
This electric pressure washer is a relatively good buy, specifically when being compared to other electric pressure washers, if you don’t mind upgrading the hose adaptor before it becomes annoying.
- 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- Powerful 14.5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power
- Onboard reel keeps 20 ft (6m) high pressure hose organized for quick and easy clean-up and storage
Another on our list of medium-duty pressure washers is this fantastic option from Joe Joe, the Sun Joe Pressure cleaner SPX3001.
The Sun Joe pressure washer SPX3001 comes with a fantastic nozzle holder, it has a hose reel and manages to offer 2,000 PSI.
Now hose reels are a bit of a love hate sort of thing, some people love them and many hate them, I in this instance am a hater, I find that on all residential electric power washers that the hose reel is more hassle than convienience.
Why might you ask?
Well it’s due to the fact that the hoses are just too rigid to easily wind them back up onto the hose reel.
I’m not saying a hose reel isn’t handy, what I am saying is that from my experience, it’s easier to just wrap the hose around the pressure washer when you’re done.
At least that’s the most convenient option for me most of the time.
- 5 quick-connect spray tips (0, 15, 25, 40 Degree, and soap nozzle)
- Needle clean-out tool
- Onboard, 40.6 ft. oz. (1.2 L) detergent tank
- 34 in. extension spray wand
- 20 ft. high pressure hose
- Onboard reel
- Garden hose adaptor
- 35 ft. power cord with GFCI protection.
- Maximum maneuverability due to the lightweight design and its wheels
- Easy access thanks to the extension spray wand;
- energy saving features thanks to the TSS technology
- Boasts a reliable pump, designed to last longer
- A full warranty for two years.
- none that we could find.
This is a fantastic medium-duty unit that will handle any task you throw at it, which is why it’s one of my most used power cleaners.
Karcher has to be the largest and most well known name in the pressure washing community, It should come as no doubt that Karchers are sold the most around the world, I mean every time you pop to the garden centre you’ll find a Karcher, I’ve even seen them in super markets.
Karcher is very well known for their industrial cleaning equipment as well.
We’ve shown a Karcher K5 above, but K3 and K4 are also amazing machines.
Now Karcher aren’t just limited to the residential market, they are also own some very well-known commerial pressure cleaning brands Hotsy, Shark and Landa.
So you can be that Karcher know how to make durable and long-lasting products.
With these medium-duty units you will end up paying a bit more, unfortunately like with any well known brand, they tend to be just a bit more expensive.
That said you do get very good value for money but the Karcher K4 and K5 serias come with a longer lasting pump and induction motor.
High Performance – The Best Heavy-duty Electric For People Who Only Want The Best you can buy.
If you’re looking at Pressure-pro then you’ve got a wallet that’s overflowing, for around $2,000 or so you can get a portable heavy-duty electric pressure washer from Pressure-Pro that’ll knock the socks off all of the machines above and below.
It’ll make quick work of any job you throw at it, but I would say it’s not really that well suited to the residential market. It’s more of a contractor tool.
A word of note, this machine is powerful, I was shocked at how much kickback you get from the lance, so when you use it bare that in mind.
This pressure washer comes with an Annovi Reverberi (AR) triplex pump and a 26-Amp induction motor. The whole pressure cleaning unit comes in at a chunky 235 pounds and is supported by an aircraft-grade aluminium frame.
If you want some other options, here are some of our other tops picks.
If the options above aren’t what you are looking for, then below we’ve put together some other top picks that we’ve tested.
While the options above are fantastic power cleaners, the below are just as good in the medium-duty category.
Ivation Electric Pressure Washer 2200 PSI 1.8 GPM with Power Hose Nozzle Gun and Turbo Wand, All Parts Included, W/Built in Soap Dispenser Review
- Incredible Cleaning Power Generated by the 1800 Watt/14.5 amp Motor Outputs a Whopping 1.8 GPM and 2,200 PSI Pressure for Maximum Cleaning and Scrubbing Power
- 5 Interchangeable High and Low Pressure Nozzles Wash Various Surfaces (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap); Bonus Turbo Wand Included
- Easy-to-Use System Requires Just 30-Second Setup w/Three Simple Attachments, The Unique Copper Connections are Easily Joined to Hose and Nozzle for Quick, Effortless Hookup
The Ivation Electric Pressure Washer has been designed for usage around the home.
Because dirt and grime can be embedded in driveways, decks, patios and other areas around the home, a deep cleaning is often required.
While putting a lot of manual elbow grease can take time and a lot of effort, in many cases it is still not sufficient for getting these jobs done properly.
Therefore, you may need this kind of pressure washer to not only reduce the time it takes, but to ensure the job is properly done every time.
- This pressure washer provides awesome cleaning power since the washer is made with 1800 watt/14.5 amp motor outputs and 1.8 GPM and 2,200 PSI.
You will have access to maximum cleaning and scrubbing power
- Comes with 5 interchangeable high- and low-pressure nozzles wash to tackle a variety of different surfaces (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap)
- Manufacturers have designed it with a bonus, which is a turbo wand
- Easy-to-use system that is simple to assemble, and it only takes approximately 30-seconds to set it up with 3 different simple attachments.
It has a unique copper connection that can be easily joined to both the nozzle and the hose
- An automatic total stop system (TSS) included with an optional self-suction
- Comes with a soap dispenser that can be used to clean a variety of different surfaces
- Perfect pressure cleaning solution for different types of items including various kinds of vehicles, SUV’s, ATV’s, boats and RVs
- Made for the thorough cleaning of homes, driveways, decks, and patios so it is very easy to get rid of dirt and grime
- Manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty
- Great for cleaning surfaces around the entire home including sidewalks, decks and other problem areas that usually hold on to deep stains
- Pressure washer provides you with just enough pressure that will not only clean a variety of different surfaces around the home but also has power enough to remove old cracked paint. Therefore, it is great for saving time and energy
Low pressure stopped working after the first use
Overall, this pressure washer is a great buy.
It does what the manufacturers claim and more since it can be used to clean all kinds of different items thoroughly around the home including patios, decks, vehicles and the like.
AR Blue Clean AR390SS 2000 psi Electric Pressure Washer with Spray Gun, Wand, 30' Hose & 35' Power Cord, Blue Review
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Easy and quick for decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- HIGHLY RATED: Top rated Consumer Report 2016 electric pressure washer tests. Amazon customers rate this 4.5 out 5. Motor Type : Universal 120V 60Hz
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, pressure washer wand, 30 foot high pressure hose, 48 oz. detergent tank and 4 different Quick Change pressure washer nozzles.
This pressure washer is a great buy for those who want a product that is high on the list of top consumer products.
Since 2016, this pressure washer has been highly recommended since it has been tested along with others which give excellent performances too.
This means that if you are looking for a product that has been identified as one of the best on the market, it is a great buy to consider for now and in the future.
- Offers great performance for a variety of different outdoor projects.
Used for the quick cleaning of decks, patios, siding, driveways, trucks, vehicles RVs, ATVs and many more
- Made for professional use because of the style of pressure washer gun and wand that is included
- Comes with a 30’ pressure hose
- Manufacturers have included a 48 oz. detergent tank along with 4 different sizes of pressure washer nozzles
- Made to conserve water, comes with a standard garden hose
- Quieter than gas-engine models
- Simple to assemble coming out of the box
- Pull-the-trigger feature included
- This machine does all that is expected and holds true to the manufacturer’s claims
- Works as it should, similar to the performance of the higher quality gas models
- It packs a lot of power so it is great for using on all kinds of different cleaning projects on the outside of a home
- Has a reinforced hose that is built to last
- Comes with foot support, which makes it easy for reeling in the hose
- No leaks found in the hose connection
- Upper plastic does not feel like it is going to be long-lasting or durable
- Performance with paint removing jobs kind of iffy
As previously noted, this pressure washer is all in all a good buy.
Its functionality, based on the manufacturer and consumer reviews, works just like it should.
It has a higher performance when compared to gas models.
This electric pressure washer has the potential of lasting much longer and doing an excellent job of cleaning decks, patios, vehicles and more.
Our Top PickSale Buy for $199.99 $149.00 from Amazon
- 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- Powerful 14.5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power and water inlet temperature (max) is 104 degrees Farenheit
- TSS (Total Stop System) - automatically shuts off the pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.Working Pressure:1450 PSI.20 foot high pressure hose
The Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe washer is available for you to buy for use in a wide diversity of places.
This is a great performing washer to use on areas on the outside of your home, such as driveways, patios, decks, sidewalks, siding, RVs, vehicles and whatever needs deep cleaning.
- Comes with a powerful 14.5-amp/1800-watt motor that easily generates up to 2,030 PSI/1.76 GPM so you can benefit greatly from maximum cleaning power
- Designed with a fast connect spray feature that helps in tackling both light and heavy-duty jobs
- Automatic shut-off feature that turns the pump off whenever the trigger is no longer engaged.
It has been designed with saving energy and money in mind.
Also, by automatically shutting this system off, you can expect a prolonged pump life
- Dual detergent tanks
- Removable tanks that can carry and store multiple types of detergents so that it can simultaneously tackle several cleaning projects in one session
- CSA approved and comes with a full 2-year warranty offer
- Great buy for the money and it is made with a solid design
- Has the potential to exceed expectations
- Excellent pressure capacity included in its design since it can scrub decks thoroughly without the use of harsh chemicals or a stiff brush. No detergent needed
- Unit is extremely quiet, and will only begin to crank up whenever the trigger is being pulled
- PSI: Measurement is exactly as advertised
- Very stable unit that works very when the pressure hose is facing the user. However, when the hose is facing in another direction, the possibility of tipping the unit over increases
- Water leaks have been reported, especially between the connector and the hose
The Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure washer is a great buy for anyone who wants to make sure that they have a product that can tackle heavy-duty jobs.
Because this product has dual tanks attached, and an auto shut-off, it will not only save you time but also money in the long run.
Stanley SLP2050 2-in-1 Electric Pressure Washer Mobile Cart or Detach Portable Use with Detergent Tank, Medium/2050 psi, Yellow Review
- COMES WITH MOBILE CART: Push this pressure washer to the cleaning job or detach and carry it as a stand alone pressure washer anywhere.
- POWERFUL CLEANING FORCE: Perfect for siding, decks, cement, pavement, pools, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs, garbage cans, animal cages and more.
- SAVE WATER OVER A GARDEN HOSE: Up to 80% over a standard garden hose with 40% more water pressure.
This electric pressure washer has the strongest PSI out of all three products here.
At 2050 PSI you can blast tough messes and grime from any outdoor surface.
Even though it’s powerful, it’s also very conservative with its water use (uses approximately 80% less water than a regular garden hose).
The mobile cart means you can wheel your pressure washer to the site of your cleaning job without having to carry it long distances or uphill.
You can also detach the cleaner from the cart and carry it as a portable washer for quick and efficient cleaning.
The powerful water pressure means that you can use less water while still getting an impressive and thorough clean.
This washer uses 80% less water than a regular garden hose and is a lot more forceful, so you can get a complete clean without wasting water.
The brass garden hose connectors are high-quality and professional grade. Avoid wasteful leakages and flimsy connectors.
- Strong 2050 PSI for powerful cleaning
- Uses 80% less water than a regular garden hose
- Flexible hoses for easy aiming and reaching
- Comes with high-quality brass garden hose connectors for leak-free water connection
- Comes with a cart with wheels for easy, lift-free transportation
- Can be used without the cart for portable, compact cleaning
- Features a removable detergent tank
- Comes with 5 quick-change nozzles (including soap nozzle)
- High-quality spray gun for easy aiming and comfortable cleaning
- The trigger is slightly sensitive and tends to switch off easily
This washer is versatile and comes with many options for transportation and washing styles.
Use the wheeled cart to easily transport the washer to your destination, no matter how far or difficult the walk is.
Choosing the best electric pressure washer for a home is not always as simple as you may think.
In fact, there are quite a few great products on the market today that can tackle both small and large jobs.
Therefore, when you are looking for the best option, you can make your selection from the 5 choices discussed above.
All these high-pressure washers have been designed with their own unique features.
So, if you are looking for a pressure washer that is made with one of the best energy-efficient features, you might choose the Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer.
If you want a pressure washer that is easy to assemble and environment-friendly, the AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer, Nozzles, Spray Gun, Wand, Detergent Bottle & Hose is the way to go. Either way, you can choose the option that is best for your specific needs.
Last update on 2018-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API