- The Huepar LR-5RG
- The Huepar LR-6RG
- So what’s the difference between an LR-5RG compared to an LR-6RG?
- What features do the Huepar LR-5RG and 6RG share?
- So who should purchase the LR-5RG?
- So who should purchase the LR-6RG?
It doesn’t matter if you are doing extensive landscaping works, doing small-scale surveying in your own back yard, or working with a large team building a road or even a railway. A laser detector is an essential tool, not just for long-distance work, but also for outdoor work, where sunlight can make seeing the beam impossible, but it’s not impossible for your laser detector.
Laser detectors will emit an audible beep, and some also use LED lights to signal when your laser has reached the target.
This is incredibly useful when working in bright sunshine or over long distances. Both of these factors can make seeing a laser beam near invisible to the naked eye. Yet the job still has to get done. This is where your laser receiver really steps up to the plate because it will see the beam and alert you when you are on target.
Huepar is well known for developing at the cutting edge when it comes to laser levels, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise to find out that they also sell a range of detectors that are compatible with their Huepar laser levels when they are set to pulse mode.
Not all laser receivers will work with your laser level. You need to make sure that the two are compatible. One way of ensuring that is to read the product specifications and check it’s compatibility list. Another is to use the same brand, though that’s not always foolproof.
Today I will compare the Huepar LR-6RG vs LR-5GR, two fantastic offerings within the Huepar laser range.
The Huepar LR-5RG
The 5RG is a laser detector that’s capable of receiving lasers from red and green laser levels. It’s compatible with most Huepar laser levels when using pulse mode. It will alert you to being on target with both optical and audible signals.
The Huepar LR-6RG
The 6RG again is compatible with either a red or a green line laser level as long as they are using pulse mode. It can detect Huepar laser beams up to 200 feet away, regardless of the beam’s color spectrum. The 6RG produces an audible and a visible signal to tell you that it is in line with the laser.
So what’s the difference between an LR-5RG compared to an LR-6RG?
Firstly, one of the biggest differences is the battery life. This really sets the LR-6RG above the LR-5GR. LR-6RG uses a 9V battery, which can produce up to 70 hours of battery life. It features an auto-shutoff feature that will power the laser receiver down once it’s been inactive for 8 minutes. This goes a long way to prolong your battery life.
This, on the other hand, uses AA batteries, and these are only able to produce up to 20 hours of battery life. The LR-5RG also features an automatic shut-down feature, though this activates after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Lasting longer and using fewer batteries make the LR-6RG a proper work horse. It’ll save you money as you won’t need to replace the batteries anywhere near as often.
Though when it comes to heft, the LR-5RG is the lightweight, weighing in at only 140 grams, it’s a darn sight lighter than the LR-6RG, which weighs a whopping 420 grams, which makes this 3 times as heavy!
These products come with a very simple to read interface, which makes them both incredibly user friendly. When alerting you to the fact that you are on target, both will generate an acoustic signal and an optical signal, which I found really handy in locating the laser quickly and accurately.
Both of these use an LED indicator and loud beeping signals, which aid in finding the target. They also both feature a heavy-duty clamp, which makes attaching these to a grading rod, a stick, a bit of scaffold, or another target point a breeze.
- ⚠【HUEPAR DEDICATED RECEIVER】- Huepar LR-5RG receiver can ONLY be used with Huepar Line Laser Levels that have Pulse Mode Function‼ Please note the the receiver can NOT be used with Rotary Laser Level‼ And the receiver can NOT be used with Huepr 9011G&9211G laser level‼ It is recommended to use the detector in accompany with Huepar 901CG/902CG, BOX-1G/R, 8211G, 621CG/R, 622CG/R, 602CG/R, 603CG/R, GF360G/R, etc. Can also be used with Tacklife SC-L03 / SC-L04 Laser Level.
- ⚠【AVAILABLE FOR RED AND GREEN PULSE LASER】- It is NECESSARY to Turn ON the Pulse Mode of the Laser Level when using with Huepar LR-5RG laser receiver‼ The receiver allows detection of Red and Green pulse laser beams in difficult light conditions, distances up to 200 feet.
- ⭐【Large Reception Window & Dual LCD Display】- Large reception window of 2 inches and optical and acoustic signals help to locate the laser plane quickly and accurately. Dual LCD displays for easy visual readout on both sides of the receiver. LCD backlight provides a clear look even in low light conditions. Adjust the height until the horizontal datum line and the arrow disappear on the LCD display.
Pros and cons of the LR-5RG laser receiver
- Has a working distance of up to 200 feet when paired with a laser level in pulse mode
- Weighs only 140 grams
- Large reception window, making for easy reading from both sides of this device.
- The alerting volume can be adjusted to suit your surroundings. I.e. loud outside and quieter when working inside
- Short battery life
- Plus, it doesn’t include a set of AA batteries!
- ✔️HUEPAR DEDICATED RECEIVER- Huepar LR-6RG receiver can ONLY be used with Huepar Line Laser Levels that feature Pulse Mode Function. Please pay attention to that this receiver can NOT be used with Rotary Laser Level. And the receiver can NOT be used with Huepr 9011G&9211G laser level. It is recommended to use in accompany with Huepar 902CG/901CG/8211G/BOX-1G/BOX-1R/GF360G/GF360R/622CG/622CR/621CG/621CR/603CG/603CR/602CG/602CR/DT03 Laser Level.
- ✔️AVAILABLE FOR RED AND GREEN PULSE LASER- It is necessary to Turn ON the Pulse Mode of the laser level when using with Huepar LR-6RG laser receiver. This receiver allows detection of Red and Green pulse laser beams in difficult light conditions, distances up to 200ft (60m).
- ✔️CLEAR MULTI-SIDED READOUTS- Ergonomic design with display on the front, side and back of receiver, offers easier visual readout. This unit is outfitted with a dual-sided Bubble Vial on both the front and top, in order to more accurately determine the level.
Pros and cons of the LR-6RG laser detector
- Includes a 9-volt battery
- The battery then will last up to 70 work hours
- Multi-sided readout, so no worries about reading this from behind
- Single-button control, making this incredible user friendly
- Get to the gym, this thing is chunky, coming in at 420 grams
- I don’t know about you, but I don’t keep 9V batteries laying around, so it could be more challenging to replace
So who should purchase the LR-5RG?
If you are looking for a receiver huepar have you covered with the 5RG, yes, it has a short battery life of only 20 hours, but still, that’s a long time for the average DIYer. If you are in construction, then I would suggest only going for this version if you intend to only use it occasionally.
Otherwise, you will be swapping those AA batteries out very often, which isn’t going to be cheap. That said, getting hold of a couple of AA batteries should be simple, take them from your TV remote, torch, bedroom device… just make sure to replace them afterward. The same can’t be said for a 9V battery. I own one. There is one thing in my entire house that uses it asides from this.
So who should purchase the LR-6RG?
If you are working in the construction industry, then you really don’t want to be in the middle of the job only to have your battery go flat. This isn’t something you’ll need to worry about very often with this detector. Thanks to its 70 hours of battery life, it’s not going to let you down.
This is designed for the professional, so if you are working on the larger, longer, or more complex jobs, then this is the choice for you.
These green and red beam receiver huepar LR-X are amazing. Hopefully in I was able to show you all you needed to know about the differences between Huepar LR-6RG vs LR-5GR. Both are fantastic options, and you will be happy with either.
It really comes down to battery life and weight, lugging about something that weighs 420 grams along with the rest of your kit is no joke!
If you have any questions, please drop me a message in the comments section.
Last update on 2021-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API